U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

BTW, in case anyone thinks I'm judging anyone with my assertions - believe me, I'm not.

I've been 100% illegal since I started over a decade ago (and some part of me hopes that this will allow me to be in a good position for when weed is eventually legalized in my part of the woods with a competitive advantage that others don't have), so I feel similar to how a lot of you have felt - "I've been doing this for years when there were risks, why should others around me reap the rewards of my small attempt to overgrow the government?".

Trust me, I get that 100% - I'm as capitalist as anyone.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

lol....Do you live in Cali?

My location is much more concrete than yours. Google is your friend.

Why is it your focus to end prohibition nationally?

I've made "why" clear several times now.

This is gonna be a slap in the face to the feds....THEY SAID IT PEOPLE.....DUH.....

so why dont you believe him? The DEA SAID they are gonna fuck with the med MJ scene if Cali tries across the board legalization

They said the same crap before 215. They say a lot of crap. But WE THE PEOPLE shouldn't break and run over every threat from some fascist puppet. Otherwise alcohol would still be illegal too. And women would be able to vote. Hmmmmm .... ;-)

Wouldn't it be smarter to get the whole nation on the medical program and then try to backdoor complete legalization? You guys dont get it....they are still handing out 20 years in the deep south for over a QP of schwag. I have a friend that did 10 years ..day for day over possesion of 3 ounces of booty weed.

It seems that every new MMJ state gets more and more restrictive - not being able to home grow, and having to have a terminal condition. MMJ needs a push - a big push.

If we pass this now and fuck up the med scene...we may never get it back. Nothing to do with profits and greed.

The med scene is in for a rough ride already if Cooley gets elected.

AGAIN...THE DEA SAID IT WILL FUCK WITH THE MMJ SCENE IF WE PASS THIS....WHY DONT YOU BELIEVE THEM?!?!?!?!?

No, that's not what Eric Holder said. He said they would continue to enforce federal Law, not begin to enforce federal law. Also, realize that at any time, Obama or his successor could change his
mind and crank the drug war into full gear again. The moment is right w/ the recession upon us and an admitted toker in office.

Amstercal, I got your point. But if cops are going to do whatever they want, then why do we bother having ANY laws? What would be the point? Isn't 215 protecting SOME of the people SOME of the time? It must not be true that cops can just make up the rules as they go and get away with it.

C

Cannabear

actually, i believe the term they used was "vigorously enforce"

which is government lingo means. we will fuck ur ass up.

Illmind

Illmind

Usually people who make threats are in no position to actually follow up on them. I mean what are they saying really? If you vote yes we're gonna actually do our jobs better! I actually see it more of them saying "Fuck the state, fuck the voters and fuck prop 19 we are the king around this bitch now be a good little sheep".

A

amstercal

Bobby: As for the whole arresting cultivators issue, there is still ambiguity in 19... what if a child lives in the house, what if an 20 year old lives in the house, what if it doesn't meet electrical safety standards, what if 2 leaves are hanging over the 5x5 area, what if someone makes a 5x5x30 ft grow, what if it's a residence across the street from a school, what if hoa's start making non-cultivation rules... These are just the ones that I can think of in a momentary pause. I assure you the police will come up with many better ones. I'm not saying another prop could necessarily fix all those problems, but I think public opinion will play a lot into how the police choose to deal with grows.

...which brings me to the point about public opinion. We need more time to have more documentaries, news stories, movies, whatever to make it into the mainstream so that people can see up close and personal how mmj can help people. BTW did anyone see that one on HBO a while back that had the mom who lived in a non-mmj state? She was like two different people before and after smoking in terms of the effects her nervous system disorder had on her? Unless she's one of the best actresses I've ever seen, it was crazy!

Once you have some years of people seeing how mmj can really help people, you will get mom and dad voter more on board. Californians are very tolerant compared to the rest of the country, but they still worry about drugs and the safety of their children. We haven't completely sold the average professional on the mj movement, and until we do, how can this possibly play out well on the city levels? Sure, maybe Oakland and a few other cities will be on board, but LA's fighting tooth and nail right now for reasonable dispensary laws. How will you get them to understand recreational use if they're not even sure yet that they want mmj?

The rescheduling and legalization are completely related events. I'm sure a state will pass recreational first, but that passage doesn't do anything to ensure the federal legalization. And I can see a lot of feds digging in against mmj just to prove they wear the biggest pants.

Sure, it sounds super groundbreaking if you're from another state who won't be crippled financially by all the legal battles, or if you just aren't considering all sides of the equation.

I think you get why most medium sized growers don't like it. So many of them will have to shut down their grow ops if their city doesn't allow commercial production, even if they can afford the probably ridiculously priced permit. Why would they want to vote for something that shuts them down to a 5x5, even if they have no intent to sell?

The small growers and smokers seem to like it because NOTHING will change for them except a $100 ticket and not needing an rx. Some people would vote yes to a pile of poo with the word mj on it. :-)

Illmind: I read the threat as... we're being tolerant about your dispensaries, but pass this crap and we'll reopen our battle on them. Hmmm, maybe we'll even check out legal channels to prove 215 is in violation of federal law, which it is. It's not that they'll be knocking on every smoker and grower's door, but there are lots of ways for feds to put pressure on states. I didn't even get into all the funding they can withhold from us.

Darth--So a state law that contradicted federal law got prohibition ended or women the vote? Yeah, not at all. Working on the rescheduling, again, seems like the best option.

S

Somnambulist

It's important to take advantage now and do this while the ecomomy is weak (same as the end to alcohol prohibition) and Obama is in office.

What does Obama being in office have to do with anything? I'll never understand the people that got it into their heads that Obama is somehow pro cannabis. He is not, never has been. Well, maybe as a pothead teen, but never as a politician. He is against legalization as well as decriminalization, as he has already stated on many occasions. And Holder has already said they will not stand for this if Cali passes it, and will target the state.

B

Buddy Hemphill

lol....Do you live in Cali?

My location is much more concrete than yours. Google is your friend.

I've made "why" clear several times now.

They said the same crap before 215. They say a lot of crap. But WE THE PEOPLE shouldn't break and run over every threat from some fascist puppet. Otherwise alcohol would still be illegal too. And women would be able to vote. Hmmmmm .... ;-)

It seems that every new MMJ state gets more and more restrictive - not being able to home grow, and having to have a terminal condition. MMJ needs a push - a big push.

The med scene is in for a rough ride already if Cooley gets elected.

No, that's not what Eric Holder said. He said they would continue to enforce federal Law, not begin to enforce federal law. Also, realize that at any time, Obama or his successor could change his
mind and crank the drug war into full gear again. The moment is right w/ the recession upon us and an admitted toker in office.

Amstercal, I got your point. But if cops are going to do whatever they want, then why do we bother having ANY laws? What would be the point? Isn't 215 protecting SOME of the people SOME of the time? It must not be true that cops can just make up the rules as they go and get away with it.

I didnt think you lived here.

Yeah..lol...do what to the fascist puppets?...civil war what?!?....LOL

Why dont you get your guns loaded and show me exactly how to topple fascist pigs....but do it where ever YOU are from...get the law changed in YOUR state...since you want in legal nationwide?

Why dont you lead the way in the "where ever you are
from" state and change YOUR OWN LAWS?

Its easy for out-of-state folks to chirp about what Cali should do it would seem...but you really dont have a dog in the hunt. Go to YOUR state's congress and introduce a bill. You all want Cali to be the test monkey for nationwide legalization. Seems like a lot of the people that live here are fine with it...AS IS.

Out of State folks: Change your own laws before passing judgement on what Californians should do. States rights are states rights....if Cali can....so can you. Let YOUR state be the first! I will support a bill for you to be taxed ridiculously and for YOU to be fucked with by the DEA....HOOWEE....I'm all for YOUR state being the test bed....why dont you get that handled?

:weed-sign:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
get the law changed in YOUR state...since you want in legal nationwide?

Why dont you lead the way in the "where ever you are
from" state and change YOUR OWN LAWS?
Fuck me, THIS. THIS!
Its easy for out-of-state folks to chirp about what Cali should do it would seem...but you really dont have a dog in the hunt. Go to YOUR state's congress and introduce a bill. You all want Cali to be the test monkey for nationwide legalization. Seems like a lot of the people that live here are fine with it...AS IS.

Out of State folks: Change your own laws before passing judgement on what Californians should do. States rights are states rights....if Cali can....so can you. Let YOUR state be the first! I will support a bill for you to be taxed ridiculously and for YOU to be fucked with by the DEA....HOOWEE....I'm all for YOUR state being the test bed....why dont you get that handled?

:weed-sign:
THISSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Illmind

Illmind

Dude I think the point out of staters are making is that it's gonna be harder for their laws to change if this doesn't pass. And it's true like it or not, pretty much during hearings regarding HBs you hear all kinds of testimony for and against and the most of the people against just say 'look what happened to california the majority of people who smoke pot are 25-35.' Then they go on to say is that what you want for our future blah fucking blah blah. Then they go on to talk about how people get robbed and shot all the time over it blah blah. Banks get robbed everyday out here, fuck even stupid shit gets robbed like a nail salon nothing is safe. And they already tax cannabis the state makes a JLO ass worth of dough from it already. They just want a piece of the black market growers action. O and richard lee wants to take over the world and get one of those wheel chairs that has a keyboard that talks for him. Read some of the hearings on house bills in others state 10 times out of 10 guess which state gets pulled into the opposed arguement and makes it look like a bad idea? ?? ? Spoiler: CA, why do you think the newest states to introduce MMJ laws are basically useless and makes it impossible for anyone without aids or a death due date of tommorow to get it? Because they write a bill that makes it impossible for people to get MMJ, because they want it to be the opposite of the CA bill they use that as what not to have on a bill. It's not like the worlds like what's CA doing they're so awesome over there it's more like they've had this shit going since 96 and look where they're at. Do you want the same? And answer is it wouldn't be the same because different states have different people. This vote is the last tree branch they gonna throw you in the raging rapids. Once the terminator is out you can bet half of one of my ass cheeks that MMJ is gonna get a judo chop right to the balls. So enjoy it while it lasts, I'll be in CA this feb-march then vegas. So i'll let you know how oakland is doing while I stomp the streets. P.S: I highly reccommend peope watch the bill maher show how the fuck do you spell it ahh who cares with Zack Milyanuakis how the fuck? The dude from hangover the bearded tardass is on it and it's coo. Funny too. It's towards the end if you got DVR or whatever I believe he pops on when there's like 12 minutes left. Just for laughs.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
[YOUTUBE]CnfJWypjjno[/YOUTUBE]

Illmind

Illmind

Lol, thanks for the vid kid. Who did the voice over sounds like michael moores big ass.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
no idea if u dbl click the video it takes u to the youtube page maybe some infor there?

O

OldSchool

Taxes and Jobs

I think most people want to do the right thing, thats why we go through the certificate and fee's process and todays ecconomy those fee's hurt, but its the right thing to do. To see prop 19 pass, would be a big loss to medical cannabis personal, not only the obvious like limited space, but equipment,lighting, ur method of growing , limited to a 5x5 area, not much. I would have to make that change, and I will,to be legal. However if prop 19 pass right now, I would be considered a crimmal & other card holders. I Thought the way thing are now,working find. WHY is there prop 19 ??? (I didn't knw about till I got ballet) This is a big wrench thrown into a good machine. My other thought if 19 passes, will the local gov create new jobs, or will they buy oversea's. What about qulity, pesticide being used,chemicals ? How much tax will the feds charge when bought at the local store, or will my city(county,town) recognize prop19 and bann any growing in the county. I also don't like that there's people driving on the roads while high, or the idea it being on school grounds, its just a bad prop period. BUT ! yes on 19,will make My certificate be nothing (just renewed it too) just a piece of paper Yes on 19 will hurt me and Iam a legal Medical card holder.

Peace

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

OldSchool, Prop 19 doesn't effect your medical status or prop 215 at all. Right now you are in a database a rec holder. When you are raided and arrested, you will get the opportunity to prove to the judge that yes, you are in a database that says you have the $150 permission slip (doctor's recommendation) and therefore have a medical exemption. One of the best things about Prop 19 is that you won't have to be in any "pot smokers database" anymore! - Unless you want to have a bigger medical garden.

C

Cannabear

OldSchool, Prop 19 doesn't effect your medical status or prop 215 at all. Right now you are in a database a rec holder. When you are raided and arrested, you will get the opportunity to prove to the judge that yes, you are in a database that says you have the $150 permission slip (doctor's recommendation) and therefore have a medical exemption. One of the best things about Prop 19 is that you won't have to be in any "pot smokers database" anymore! - Unless you want to have a bigger medical garden.

there is no "medical patient database". and prop 19 DOES effect everyone in the state. even medical patients.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

there is no "medical patient database". and prop 19 DOES effect everyone in the state. even medical patients.

Of course there are. Every recommendation business have all the paperwork you signed, copy of your drivers license, and other documentation. They maintain patient databases for quick phone verification. There is a data trail and a paper trail. This is how a court will determine if your rec is legit, or if you made your rec at kinko's. The state issued card info would naturally be maintained in a government database.

B

Buddy Hemphill

here again...

where do you have an inside track that lets you know what the DEA SAID PUBLICLY.... is bullshit?

They fuckin SAID 19 will affect 215. Period. So know how did you get the inside line that the head of the DEA was just posturing... and lying to the public?

A link would be nice.

If its just your opinion stop spouting it as fact.

O

OldSchool

I guess this is kinda the point, its so losely written, even the brightest people misinterrupted it. Hey, D F wish u were right, but 19 will oblish 215. It will bring on changes, even simple as fert,supply&demand for certain nutrients-prices are already high enough. It will bring on changes.
Why would it be nessary to be raided,and all the down falls that come from it, u make it sound like its just not a big thing, well some people it is, Expense of lawyer and court& doc feee's, the personal impact it would have. Hey D.F show me a bill in 19 thats says prop215 will not be impacted and that card holders are excluded in this prop19. I wish u were right, but ur not. By the way I tried to find the town called conceret(I think thats where u said ur from), cant find it on the map,LOL

I

iatm53

"End Prohibition Now! Vote YES on Prop 19!
Save Black Market Pricing! Vote NO on Prop 19!"

Preach it Darth Fader!! Greed is the only thing that will stop legalization.

"Legalize it, and I will advertise it"

Illmind

Illmind

No point in duking it out still the prop is deader than ledgirls penis. And they do keep record of patients, simply in case of emergency so they know what drugs you may be on and how the drugs they administer may affect you. But I have heard of people getting scrips through company insurance only to be fired 6 months later when they seen what the scrips were. Lets just say drug free workplace. On the same token there are discreet aka shady practices that only deal with cash and will keep you off paper but they usually make you pay extra for the priviledge. As for any type of leo I wouldn't believe a word out of there mouth I have yet to see one speak the truth and I've had plenty of run ins with mr man. More than I can count I lost count at about my 7th arrest. But man they never cease to make me laugh trying to get me to talk. 'your on camera' 'your buddy is upstairs spilling his guts' 'there is a witness on the way to pick you out of a lineup' only to leave me sit in a small white room cuffed to a bar on a table for 8 hrs then release me with no charges. Seamaiden says she is gonna meet up with a lawyer I'd wait and see what info she gathers.

Top Bottom