U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scrapiron

This is the Headline America is waking up to...

SAN FRANCISCO – Californians heeded warnings of legal chaos and other dangers and rejected a ballot measure Tuesday that would have made their state the first to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

The spirited campaign over Proposition 19 pitted the state's political and law enforcement establishment against determined activists seeking to end the prohibition of pot.

Yep.... It was pot against Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement WINS. It is funny how none of the News stories say anything about RL or other issues. Just the Evil Weed is still Evil... Cali says so.
Thank You Medical Mj villans.
I hope NORML and all the money finds a different State to support next time around. It is obvious they are oblivious!

Z

Zissou Intern

thank god. they can find other ways of getting their deficit dollars.

you've fought the war this long against us, no truce, no money for you. i'll happily sit here on my untaxed and let you guys screw over another industry to get your dollar.

put that on your wheelchair and smoke it, lee.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
that dont even go into affect until jan 1st. but now they wont even have cops wasting time writing tickets and confiscating pot
That's how it is with almost all legislation (if not all), propositions and bills, though. They never go into effect immediately, and so should 19 have passed it, too, would not have gone into effect immediately. Specious argument.
Sheesh hanna how many times is that gonna get posted that post is older than prop 19 itself. My bad motherlode everytime it gets brought up in news or other venues they usually call it "Legalizing marijuana for recreational use". I never seen that one but ya learn something new daily. That 19 cute myths post got reamed already 10x over.
It is called a legalization measure in the voter guide itself, that is the specific term used. So, people didn't pull the word out of their ear, they were spoonfed.

S

scrapiron

[Paul Armentano responds: What is concerning is how many people in this community believe deliberate misinformation and propaganda. "George Soros of Monsonto." Really? Do you have any CLUE who this person is or what he has contributed to this movement? George Soros single-handedly funded Prop. 215 in California and the medical marijuana laws enacted in several other states. No Soros = no 215, and now you and your clueless like-minded friends have made him the enemy?! Congratulations.]

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
That's how it is with almost all legislation (if not all), propositions and bills, though. They never go into effect immediately, and so should 19 have passed it, too, would not have gone into effect immediately. Specious argument.

It is called a legalization measure in the voter guide itself, that is the specific term used. So, people didn't pull the word out of their ear, they were spoonfed.

seamaiden stop taking quoting things out of context. all you do is pick one thing out. this is an ongoing thread there is stuff that lead to there. it was an answer to someone saying they dont arrest people or put them threw the court system now

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I quoted your post in its entirety, Kid. WTH? What's out of context? I worked with what I had, and I tried to figure out where the quotes were broken, so I eliminated motherlode's post.

You made a statement that implied that if 19 passed somehow people would, and I'm gonna quote you again so I hope it doesn't hurt, "but now they wont even have cops wasting time writing tickets and confiscating pot", which isn't how it works.

Sorry if it pissed you off, just trying to clarify how it works here.

A

amstercal

So 19 is over, under an ounce is only a ticket here (maybe not in effect yet, but I don't know anyone who's actually gone to jail for under an ounce in many a year), new bill getting ready for 2012 (I'll have to read that), but WTF with the AG race? 99.2% reporting and there's only a .3% difference. Killing me.

C

CALIPURP

:dance man what ever happend to growin meds anger people dont worry be happy you live in a state where you can have meds deliverd to your home well i live in cali..i can go to frisco and get an asian girl to do horrible discusting things to me and dirt cheep lawn care......just a vent and joke i dont have to drive to frisco....lol enjoy

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
So 19 is over, under an ounce is only a ticket here (maybe not in effect yet, but I don't know anyone who's actually gone to jail for under an ounce in many a year), new bill getting ready for 2012 (I'll have to read that), but WTF with the AG race? 99.2% reporting and there's only a .3% difference. Killing me.

yup - the only thing left that means anything and its so damn close

man its so close and it seems that the counties that have precincts left to count in this race are all cooly won counties by major margins - fuck I dont like this

O

OldSchool

Hanna thanks for UR post,excellent!!
Wow, what a close call. Iam for legilizeing cannabis, but not way this was written in prop19. Why is cannabis made iligal to begin with, came from the 30s,a rope maker saw that rope made out of cannabis was much stronger lastest 100 times longer and afraid that it would put him out of bussiness so he created and produce "REEFERMADDNESS" convince the Gov & the public how it make people go crazy,killing raping,etc. It was even used to drive it into a racializum, stating Afican Americans consume cannabis its,thier drug of choice & they all are under the influience & u come in contact with them,they will rape u,kill u,etc,etc. We Know that was all BS!! cannabis law's stayed the same all these yrs until prop 215 entered the picture, (even showing the effectiveness in medical field (obsolutly!!). still cannabis carries a stigma resulting from ReeferMaddness. The newer generation vs older generation that grow up with R.M. older as higher % that wont touch cannabis even though thier going through high intence cancer treatment,but rather use syn drugs that contain high levels of opiates, now if this was reversed, "OpiateMaddness" what would the eldery be using now, probably cannabis products. My point is that we really need to readlly need to invastigate into these props, not everything is in blk & wht, it may be a quick fix but down the road, would be cost the califorians. Prop 13 (3 strikes law) now we have overcrowed prison and having to pay other stated to take the overflow of Ca inmates, they even talked about paying mexico to take them. This is a direct result of prop13. I was missed lead and voted yes on 13, now at the cost of $40,000 to $50,000 per yr per inmate, not including medical treatment they receive or surgerys, nor the legal procced cost getting them there, (that more then alot of people make in a year) and now costing tax payers. Creating a bill for tax purspose is wrong direction, taxing is not the answer (proof is in the pudding) Ca is already heavily taxed but still sinking. Invest it back to the people. Bills or Props all needed to be written in plain english without bunch of hidden aginda or misleading

PEACE

P

Plastic.Feet

If it were to have passed, honestly, I think we would have seen a huge increase in backyard boogie, if anything. A lot of people out there don't have the patience, willingness to learn and adapt, and the motivation to grow cycle after cycle until they get something they're happy with. I agree with Kid Twist, it would really stick in the DEA's craw, but they even they can't justify using already scarce federal resources busting every Joe Q. Pukepail who has a 5' x 5' patch going in their backyard. What they CAN do is fuck with anyone who were to open up an actual retail location, filing federal tax forms, basically admitting to multiple felonies on paper. I don't know anyone with enough balls to do that, personally, but I'm sure there would be a couple. They would undoubtedly get fucked with RIGHT quick, though. However, the increase of people growing it, and smoking it with impunity, might serve to set an example to the naysayers. Once they're smelling it in the air constantly, completely surrounded by all of us who wouldn't need to hide it anymore, perhaps some folks would realize that the sky isn't going to fall if this silly little plant were not an issue anymore. And good luck to them in trying to get the police to come for someone smoking weed anymore, if it had passed and it would be legal to have an ounce in your pocket at any time. They can't fight us all... It wasn't a perfect bill, by FAR, but it would have been a step forward in this ridiculous battle as far as us as a people standing together and saying "hell no". Just my $0.02...

MeJuana

MeJuana

I voted yes and I am glad it failed too.. I was ready to go to arms to fight through this "whatever it was" to try for real legalization, I just hope the next one isn't worse.. Better would be awesome guys please lead the way I will vote hell yes..

Might I recommend the following educational information, it is the stoner way

History channel MariJuana: A Chronic History

B

Bearsfather

MeJuana, "You voted yes and you're glad it failed too.." that's why the political system is all fucked up, why we have poor legislation and representation in government...

P

Plastic.Feet

MeJuana, "You voted yes and you're glad it failed too.." that's why the political system is all fucked up, why we have poor legislation and representation in government...

I wish there was only one reason why our political system is fucked up. :sign0055:

MeJuana

MeJuana

I voted yes because Marc Emery which I respected what he said.. Basically we have to start somewhere and I don't think the system is screwed up because of me.. Damn that is pretty powerful if so!! hehe

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what matters is you voted, Im over it at this point - just hoping that somebody who doesnt have a vested interest will author legislation closer to real legalization instead of a bastardized decriminalization scheme

B

Bearsfather

MelJuana, I'm sorry, but everything is your fault. Everything. :-( You're just going to have to live with that responsibility and burden for the rest of your life. I wish for you it didn't have to be this way... but there is no alternative...

Top Bottom