U.W. A.K.A. The Dub

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Lets talk about the Dub. Who's got it? Where did it really come from? How do you describe the taste? The dub I'm talking about is just U.W. Not 82' purple or 84' black just U.W. I love that acrid skunky earth taste and hypnotic high. Shops aren't into it due to its non modern look. Not white fire or alien cookied enough, I suppose. Fucking meat heads. Anyway I love this fucking ugly dubling and it is one of my faves. I've heard stories that it is 84 hashplant. I don't believe that. I talked to a mature (euphemism) grower in Seattle that stated he obtained his cut in 81' from his pal that first got it in 79'. So either Nevil has a time machine or that story is bullshit. Anyway, someone hit up yer weird uncle and get the story.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Never grown it but I smoked a lot of it when I was living in the pnw. Never looked that great but had a great taste and high. The best bowl I've ever smoked was 50/50 UW and pink panther both tacoma/puyallip area. Haven't seen much of it since, about 5 years now

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

I grew the UW once, my cut seemed influenced by a sativa, was fire but not the indica crusher. There are two different cuts, an indica which a mentor of mine grew he said it was a stout lowest yielding one hitter that was the coup de gras in any smoke-off. The sativa influenced one I had was just OK. The University does have top cancer research, going on for decades now, the original UW was a purported indica from there (but it really is that strong that you would believe that story). On the AVE the indica could be found and also in the frat-houses, it sometimes went by the name "the G." I smoked the real a few times and it was one hit legit everytime, made your vision all fuzzy and driving after was going to need a second, soaked in trichomes and tight nugs with a crisp clean funk odor. My mentor also grew some old school JuicyFuit Thai that made your mouth water and put you in a daze for hours. He smoked me out with a 91 haze that was unbelievable visually. At that time too the original White Widow, and Road-Kill Skunk were around the PNW. The UW was holding it's own with bomb like that floating around, it is no joke. There was some real power in the UW, and had a unique fuzzy medicinal low tone with little distinct flavor. A small amount went a long way.

Pink Panther Kush, I remember hearing of that around 96 South Seattle. Never got to try it, thanks for that feedback @Theoneandonly Z , I bet anything crossed with the UW comes out sick.

zeke

zeke

I love the dub. It doesn't look that modern. By that I mean its leafy and not completely covered in trichomes. Even so it kills a lot of the modern strains on flavor and high. The glands are strange. They are very hard to collect. At least with a dry sieve. I've crossed it to a kens GDP. Called it grand daddy dub. It produces nasty little trichome covered golf balls that reek of Sensi Star. Fucking killer. My goal is to select a modern looking pheno that has that dub flavor. Once it's stable I'll call it New Dub.

If you smoked the Panther in the last five years it came from me. No one else has it in this state. I used to work the farmers markets and sold a ton of it. Saw some fake once at the Seattle farmers market. Was t even purple or pink. Had to laugh at the poor douche that tried the name change. Too bad I was selling the real at the same event. Salted his game. I sold out as usual, don't think the fake did. I know of some s1 bagseed bullshit floating around. From my pot, not my breeding program. The original has issues so I put it to a lemon skunk male. It threw purple seed and 90% of the progeny were pink and panthery. I'm not thinking ill backcross because I got the traits I want. Now I'm just working the line, increasing density and yield while maintaining color and aromatic profile. Definitely unique. I've found a little variation. A fruity pebbles pheno and a comet cleaner smelling pheno that cures to an Irish spring soap smell. Fucking bizarre.

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

I love the dub. It doesn't look that modern. By that I mean its leafy and not completely covered in trichomes. Even so it kills a lot of the modern strains on flavor and high. The glands are strange. They are very hard to collect. At least with a dry sieve. I've crossed it to a kens GDP. Called it grand daddy dub. It produces nasty little trichome covered golf balls that reek of Sensi Star. Fucking killer. My goal is to select a modern looking pheno that has that dub flavor. Once it's stable I'll call it New Dub.

If you smoked the Panther in the last five years it came from me. No one else has it in this state. I used to work the farmers markets and sold a ton of it. Saw some fake once at the Seattle farmers market. Was t even purple or pink. Had to laugh at the poor douche that tried the name change. Too bad I was selling the real at the same event. Salted his game. I sold out as usual, don't think the fake did. I know of some s1 bagseed bullshit floating around. From my pot, not my breeding program. The original has issues so I put it to a lemon skunk male. It threw purple seed and 90% of the progeny were pink and panthery. I'm not thinking ill backcross because I got the traits I want. Now I'm just working the line, increasing density and yield while maintaining color and aromatic profile. Definitely unique. I've found a little variation. A fruity pebbles pheno and a comet cleaner smelling pheno that cures to an Irish spring soap smell. Fucking bizarre.

Where did you source your UW? The indica pheno gets so frosty it sheets with resin. The sativa one not so much. The one you describe doesn't sound like the one we were smoking in 98 around the University.. it was super frosty on the level of the original White Widow that was around, without the florescent green tone, more dark olive green in color.

zeke

zeke

I got mine from the first Seattle cannabis farmers market. It's been confirmed as the old original by enough people that I believe it to be the oldest cut named UW. It's resinous, it's glands just aren't as flashy as a lot of more modern strains. There are also the 82' Purple and the 84' Black. I have all three finishing side by side as we speak. Each is occupying its own square meter under a 600wt HPS. There are possible similarities. Many more differences that are enough for me to seriously question their relation. They may be related in name only. The purple is really resinous and chunky. The black is nicer looking than the original as well. The ugly dubling sure throws resinous offspring, though. As good as the best I've had easily.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I tried the '84 Black...not that impressed...

Any pics of you side by side?

zeke

zeke

I call it the ugly dubling. It's not pretty but it's progeny are smoking hot. Super resinous. I think it's an old presoviet invasion afghani. The oldest date that I have found for it was 79'. That is as old school as it gets. I'm working this cut like a hobo on a ham sandwich. I'm onto f3. Just made those outdoor last season. Haven't backrossed yet but will soon. I got pics of my side by side on MNS. The 82' and 84' look sexier but don't have that afghani skunk funk.

Seatown

Seatown

OH! didnt realize you were Pantagruelion on there! You're sporting the same avatar, so thats a face-palm moment for me...

Weird, I'd heard great things about the Black 84', and the bit i tried back in highschool was fantastic. Makes me wonder if thats what I really had.... or if its even worth looking for nowadays

S

sweetbee

Hi farmers ! Been fighting health issues for a awhile and haven't been around much, but I might know a little about the original udub
I was in the V.A, in seattle summer of "84". I was informed UW was working on a couple different strains for cancer patients .
The first " Chemo" and the second " Wheelchair" , the first being small, woody and developed for nausea from chemo treatments, and "wheelchair" an extremely frosty, resin soaked wonder that was meant for debilitating pain and terminal
conditions. The " wheelchair" was graced to me until I lost her to sub zero temperatures, wood heat, and ... blah,blah,blah
Would love to find the real deal again. I'm a 30 year survivor of lymphatic cancer , and to those that have contributed to my survival
I owe much. I'll share a couple of those names with you from OG... Lonestar (RIP), that brother and the Texas Resin Company
helped tremendously, Nebu, a true master, and gentle person. I see he visits " the Farm " occassionally . . . We're close geographically now, it would be a real gift to reconnect. Another brother Perseus helped with wonderful work of his own. "MedicineMan",
and the Hillbilly himself with the T.W. cut. . . . and Never forgotten , Big Island Bud who shared much Aloha, with yours truly.
If I were granted one wish, " it would be to personally thank Nebu, medicineMan, the Hillbilly, and the one man that gave me the total will to survive, Robert Randall ( Waiting to exhale ) who in one of my darkest moments told me, " If the cannabis is keeping you alive, keep smoking, what can they do worse to you than terminal cancer ". Bless you all, to the families af Robert R, and Lonestar . . .
I can only say, " your loved ones gave me strength and the ability to survive" Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

T

TOOTS

what's the TW cut?

Hi farmers ! Been fighting health issues for a awhile and haven't been around much, but I might know a little about the original udub
I was in the V.A, in seattle summer of "84". I was informed UW was working on a couple different strains for cancer patients .
The first " Chemo" and the second " Wheelchair" , the first being small, woody and developed for nausea from chemo treatments, and "wheelchair" an extremely frosty, resin soaked wonder that was meant for debilitating pain and terminal
conditions. The " wheelchair" was graced to me until I lost her to sub zero temperatures, wood heat, and ... blah,blah,blah
Would love to find the real deal again. I'm a 30 year survivor of lymphatic cancer , and to those that have contributed to my survival
I owe much. I'll share a couple of those names with you from OG... Lonestar (RIP), that brother and the Texas Resin Company
helped tremendously, Nebu, a true master, and gentle person. I see he visits " the Farm " occassionally . . . We're close geographically now, it would be a real gift to reconnect. Another brother Perseus helped with wonderful work of his own. "MedicineMan",
and the Hillbilly himself with the T.W. cut. . . . and Never forgotten , Big Island Bud who shared much Aloha, with yours truly.
If I were granted one wish, " it would be to personally thank Nebu, medicineMan, the Hillbilly, and the one man that gave me the total will to survive, Robert Randall ( Waiting to exhale ) who in one of my darkest moments told me, " If the cannabis is keeping you alive, keep smoking, what can they do worse to you than terminal cancer ". Bless you all, to the families af Robert R, and Lonestar . . .
I can only say, " your loved ones gave me strength and the ability to survive" Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.[/quo
I can only say, " your loved ones gave me strength and the ability to survive" Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

zeke

zeke

Here's my side by side. Up in smoke by now of course, but there is another run going now. Left to right: uw82' purple, uw84' black and just dub, UW. Anyone wanting to add knowledge to my uw obsession is welcome to pm and physically verify. Unless you are a nutjob, then leave me alone because I will stab you with a screw driver if need be.

Effendi

Effendi

I've got my hands on a couple of different versions of the "UW" over the years and unfortunately, despite my best efforts were NOT the right ones.

There have been a couple of folks passing out mediocre indica's passed off as G-13 cosses..aka "U-Dub". The material was decent but certainly not worthy of the reputation I've read about.

I do know it exists as Kaya once smoked a joint of a very good version of it with me, but I've never been able to find and grow the real McCoy yet.

.:shifty:

zeke

zeke

The real McCoy is a shitty Flying Dutchmen strain. I've had my dub confirmed by unrelated groups of old people that have it still. That's the best provenance the cannabis scene can offer. Same cut since 1979. Came as a cut so is even older. The 82' and the 84' who knows. They are good too. Just don't have that funky flavor like the dub.

Latest posts

Top Bottom