Uc pro

• Thread starter SuperDankzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apollo13

Apollo13

420 I started exactly the same. A 6 inch hole saw and big sewer pipe. Net pots. I never have bought a system. I did like the tubes but it was hobby amounts and I need to produce. I have a titanium back and can't carpenter like I used too, so it's what keeps food on table and power on. Draw backs were it is only for small plants and seed to harvest runs. I did run 3 pipes and tried to do perpetual harvest. But over all I dint like how they all grew into a massive root tube and if too big, I had flood issues due to roots. Uc dwc, rdwc all one in the same in mine and I think it shows over just one method. Maybe I waste electricty too on the redundant systems? In my opinion my hybrid system is really the same as urs, but way bigger, easier to inspect or work on independently but far more expensive to run. My grow is alive with the hum of electricty and pouring water...music that soothes my soul.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Thanks. However I maybe really stupid, but I'm concerned about the information that GPS tags on the photos? Does this info come through? I see on our new tablet that when I look at my pix, they have where and when the pix were taken. That is kinda scary.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Thanks for photo help, I was looking in the 20 icons at the top of post. Ty

Apollo13

Apollo13

Another benefit to huge pump is I can adjust ph in 5 minutes or less. No res makes it tough. But the pump solves that. Do have a control bucket so I don't mess with plants. Usually uc has a big control container, that too is eliminated by big pump. I run pump 15 minutes on, 15 off, and then every 4 hours in dark cycle. Because I have so many buckets I believe I don't need a res.

420circuit

420circuit

Yes, you should strip the metadata from the pictures if they were taken with a phone or tablet, especially if cannabis is illegal there. There are free apps that do that. Cool that you build your systems, I do too, got plans from a thread on riu in 2008, from StinkBud. The 2 inch netpots in this style do not use anything, just air, around the roots. I built a 2 x 6 inch netpots DWC with sprayers in a 20 gallon tote and am pleased with the performance, but hate the cleaning at harvest with the mess of hydroton and roots. Growing is fun, wish I could have a couple acres of cannabis, but with the regs like they are here, along with the high value drawing crooks, have to hold off.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Legal here.

Very neat sytem. One I have yet to try.

Part of the fun is in building the system. Like cool cars, anyone can buy one, but to build one that performs better than a name brand system at a fraction of cost is very rewarding. I got in this to supply my insatiable appetite for buds. And maybe make some cash to cover my expenses. So successful to me is having a great big harvest on the smallest overall cost without affecting quality. So, profit - overheadĂ· total weight= x$ per gram to produce. With that info you can try to produce the same or more weight for less money. But a kill-a-watt measuring device or separate meter is necessary to figure electricity usage. How I quantify my grow. For example if you grow in hydro and got same amount as dirt, but same quality, hydro is still a fail because it cost more to run. And honestly a big looser if you count your time. Dirt is very easy compared to dro maintain. How I measure different hydro systems and determine a winner. But since I love to do it, I don't really count my hours.. as long as my chores are done..but my wife does. Lol and all this only works if u do same size, same plants and clone to harvest runs with zero issues or the comparison is not accurate.

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

I have been considering a 'mono-crop' soon, but with an all CBD plant similar to Charlotte's Web, probably more hemp than cannabis. I like the oil and the strains that have high ratios just do not have enough CBD in them to meet my requirement. So, thinking to fill a system with vegged out all CBD plant called The Wife, to be made into oil. I am looking for max resin, heaviest trich coverage possible and not looking for trophy colas, just the sticky. Almost feels criminal trimming one of these. I tried smoking a couple bong hits just because it smelled so nice and nada, zero effect. But made into oil, the stuff is great for older people or folks with pain issues, seizures, that sort of thing. Anyway, same system, slightly different plant, will make harvest a lot easier with just one strain. For smoking buds I always flush the hydro with Clearex for about 10 days. Most of my hydro goes to edible oil making and the soil grown are for smoking. The aroma is a little fuller (heard it called funkier) with soil grown. At least that was what we found at a little throw down we did with 3 different strains, grown in the 2 methods. The bottom line was that nobody could tell the difference in the smoke and few, happened to be professional level growers, could detect the difference by smell. Only 2-3 out of a couple dozen could identify which bud was grown in which method. Was a fun day that helped to answer that question for a lot of people. I would like to do that again, have several people grow out the same cut and have a gathering to evaluate which is the best. For the test we used 6 numbered jars and 1 person had the paper with which jar had which sample. Sorry to jack your thread, edibles kickin' in.
Jars

Apollo13

Apollo13

Very cool. To add to that, you ought to have each grower pay to have it analyzed to see cbd and thc which sounds like real differences instead of taste. Which is important but from a medical view, not important.

I would've thought flush was a waste of time for just oil, it's not? I would think it's a rare case u could run nutes all the way, because I understand the extra minerals store in the bud matter, not the crystals. I'm probably wrong.

420circuit

420circuit

No, I think you are right and I have skipped the flush a couple times and did not notice anything different. My first couple runs. Guess the flushing is habit now. I should try the test with smoking unflushed versus flushed to see if the black ash thing is true. Someone commented that the black ash was more likely from lack of being fully/correctly dried/cured. Heck if I know, but doing a test is a great way to find out. Would be good to know for sure because we can probably get more yield by feeding all the way. Seems to be a common argument but I haven't seen anyone actually do the test.

Apollo13

Apollo13

As a 15 year old kid I grew a hydro hidden on our property. I used GH nutes and used blue and red grow bulbs from meijers and mixed florescents. I harvested a nice harvest for what it was, but it did not get u high one bit. Some of the finest looking and tasting bud ever. But zero high. Still sold it for good money because they would mix it with brown bud..lol. I always wondered if I accidentally grew a crop all cbd somehow.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I thought it was the locked in p in the cell tissues but drying very well could have some effect. I suspect it is the p though. I'm fairly certain oil is ok. Even if the crystals have some in the gland wall it wouldn't matter. I get these mysterious origin oil drips on my apollo that taste great raw off plant I vape. I heard cbd is better gathered of live weed for oil, but maybe forum gossip. Not sure how high I get on raw oil, but taste is killer.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Compost teas are NOT recommended for the UC. It is the equivalent of putting diesel fuel into a lawnmower engine.

Is this for real?? Where do you get your info to make that type of comparison? I have ran my UC for years sterile and years with teas. I choose to use a good tea over sterile any day... What experiences have you had running teas vs sterile? Id like to hear how tea ever ruined your grow.. Ever think that the reason CC doesn't recommend it is because they sell UC Roots for a ridiculous price? That comparison sucks!
What are a "lot of people" that you are referring to? If you are seeing a large influx of cocoa grows it would be my guess is that those are failed UC growers putting their training wheels back on.

Take a look around before you speak. Why don't you name some of the bigtime "successful" UC growers still rocking the UC as their main grow? I bet that list is much shorter... Anyone thats been around the Farm for years would know his statement has ground to stand on, does yours? Btw, none of those pioneers he would be speaking of were the least bit of failures in the UC. I think more like they just found ways to grow that made more sense in consistency and profits... Here is some of my ground I've walked, using the UC, in the past years to back up my talk...

Downloadfile
Downloadfile 1
Downloadfile 2
Downloadfile 4
Downloadfile 3
Last edited:
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Oh, I recommend it. I never had issue with tea. At one time tea was only a soil thing, now look. I have had issues with sm90,zone and others. I will always use it in any grow, dirt or dro. If done right, how could there be issues? Now I spend my time making super diverse teas instead of trying to get reliable results. Or buying bottles of crap. Don't buy the hype. Use nature if at all possible.

Interested in sharing your recipe or do you just use the heisenburg tea? I have a buddy that has a "secret" tea that's amazing. He gives me all I want just not the recipe. Lame I think.. ;)

Apollo13

Apollo13

Thanks for the back up all4, being new here, i think people assume ur an idiot. Or maybe some are just dicks. On michigan sportsman I get a hater now and again also. Just all part of being on the net. Like in a car people feel protection and say things they wouldn't say in person.

It's nothing secret, I use plain ole ewc, but like ancient forest stuff but expensive compared to menards ewc, not picky on brand. I do keep it moist always and never let it dry. I tape bag shut.

I run basically heisenburg tea with a couple additional things.
3 different soils from around my yard ( woods, sandy and in my actual yard.
Handful of old compost for fungus
handful of newer compost for bacteria
great white
voodoo ( until it's gone, Mycogrow probably when it does)

I have a pond and started composting my seaweed to add for super compost.
researching pond soils now but worried about multiplying wrong bacteria since most pond soils lack o2 I think.. always on the look out for some super ingredients
We should make a recipe thread for different teas.

Years ago I was all chemicals and it was awfully expensive. Terribly labor intensive cleaning to be sterile. Oh what a hard working fool I was.. busy bee doesn't always do better!

420circuit

420circuit

Do you guys know if an enzyme product like Hygrozyme's enzymes can be cultured in a tea, along with the other stuff?

Apollo13

Apollo13

Maybe I'm wrong I thought in short, it was tea, just not as effective. But I'm waiting with u for someone who actually knows..

DapperDon

DapperDon

Is this for real?? Where do you get your info to make that type of comparison? I have ran my UC for years sterile and years with teas. I choose to use a good tea over sterile any day... What experiences have you had running teas vs sterile? Id like to hear how tea ever ruined your grow.. Ever think that the reason CC doesn't recommend it is because they sell UC Roots for a ridiculous price? That comparison sucks!

Take a look around before you speak. Why don't you name some of the bigtime "successful" UC growers still rocking the UC as their main grow? I bet that list is much shorter... Anyone thats been around the Farm for years would know his statement has ground to stand on, does yours? Btw, none of those pioneers he would be speaking of were the least bit of failures in the UC. I think more like they just found ways to grow that made more sense in consistency and profits... Here is some of my ground I've walked, using the UC, in the past years to back up my talk...

I never said that teas wouldn't work, I just said that they are not recommended by the company that produces the actual products. Seems like I struck a nerve here.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Oh, you must of been referring to a diesel lawnmower... My bad

I never said that teas wouldn't work, I just said that they are not recommended by the company that produces the actual products. Seems like I struck a nerve here.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

3 rules of forums:

1) The ones posting the most frequently generally know the least.

2) The less you see systems and methods used on forums the more widely used they are by actual growers and facilities.

3) Original topics of threads will always be diluted down by high Ego, low IQ participants.

That is all.

XXL13 Bloom 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom