UC Pro's Dream House. 8 site 20kw

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

Keep us posted on that. We made ourselves one of your awesome foggers. Thanks for that we are pretty happy with it. Only difference is our water goes through the uv sterilizer before its fog.

O

organiclover

i was just at a friends brewery and they had a big liquid co2 tank which carbonates the beer
seems like you get a lot more bang for your buck - might be something to look into

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

@gettogro how do u like those apollo balasts?? have you had any problems with them?? Did u get the combo with the reflectors and bulbs??

ive been debating grabbing some but havent heard anyones say about them

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
GG the tank will last a while. I am on a week now in my new room (12' x 20' x 20') and no pressure drop yet.

Delerium

Delerium

Root Exudates won't be present until you have some biologicals in the water. the biologicals won't have anything to eat in distilled or ro water so they will die off within a couple of days, that is the main culprit or stigma against RO

Delerium

Delerium

i love this plan.
i wonder if you put some sort of a membrane between that bottom plate and the concrete floor? typically, you'd use treated wood for your plates, because that 2x4 will wick up moisture from the concrete and begin to mold . . . but maybe you didn't want to introduce the chemicals of treated wood into the growing environment so you used a different solution like a moisture barrier between the two?

water based garage floor epoxy works, attach some vinyl trim as the baseboard i'd caulk it to the concrete or just staple it down to wood IMG 1047 have a few coats of the epoxy on the floor over the years, acquired the trim at lowes home depot, cpl of dollars a 10 foot stick and nothing leaks to the first floor yet.

Delerium

Delerium

Ethylene, a small colorless, odorless gas composed of two carbon and four hydrogen atoms (C2H4), is responsible for both beneficial and undesirable effects in greenhouse crops. It can prevent flowering, shorten internode length, increase branching, initiate fruit ripening, trigger leaf and flower senescence and abscission, cause leaf chlorosis (yellowing), and improve adventitious rooting. Some crops are relatively insensitive to ethylene while others are very sensitive. For example, Poinsettia shows little change after a 24 hour 1 ppm ethylene exposure, yet Cuphea hyssopifolia abscises all flowers after a 24 hour 0.01 ppm exposure. There are many potential sources of unwanted ethylene such as ripening fruit, decomposing organic matter, and exhaust from furnaces and vehicles. Because several factors can simultaneously impact a plant’s response to ethylene, it is easy to see why assessing a potential ethylene problem can be tricky. Some symptoms of exposure can be transient, while others show up long after the ethylene exposure has occurred, still other responses show up only after long-term exposure. To help you eliminate ethylene related crop delays and losses from your operation, this webpage details what short term and chronic low concentration ethylene exposure looks like, how to detect ethylene, track down the source, and fix the problem.

http://www.hort.cornell.edu/mattson/leatherwood/
Seems do describe my problems to a T
I got some interesting pics to throw up tonight..

A combustion CO2 generator burns propane or natural gas to output CO2. When there is enough oxygen available in the room a "clean combustion" not producing carbon monoxide (toxic to humans) nor ethylene gas (toxic to plants) is obtained. Thus, hourly ventilation between 1 to 3 minutes is required to replenish the oxygen level for a 24 000 Btu generator. For reference, a 24,000 Btu/hour gas generator outputs about 13 standard cubic feet of CO2 per hour.

The flames on tha co2 burners are definatly not burning clean, I should have noticed this because I weld and use a torch frequently.

Have you rejetted your CO2 Burner. Has the ethylene been the culprit or was it the burner jet size?
I was concerned with ethylene levels with running CO2 burner in a sealed room but dismissed it as a major concern months ago after some many hours of research. Only at 650 feet above sea level here jet size shouldn't be an issue and have not fired the burner up yet. Will be doing that in the next few weeks.

G

gettogro

@gettogro how do u like those apollo balasts?? have you had any problems with them?? Did u get the combo with the reflectors and bulbs??

ive been debating grabbing some but havent heard anyones say about them

Ballasts work great, however, DO NOT use their 1000w hps bulbs, Total crap.. Their 600w MH however, is working great for me..

G

gettogro

i was just at a friends brewery and they had a big liquid co2 tank which carbonates the beer
seems like you get a lot more bang for your buck - might be something to look into

I went with a dozen 35lb tanks, they fit in the back of an suv and they are light enough for me to sling around. I dont want the co2 truck, or anyone for that matter, making deliveries to any of my grows. I still live and grow as if I am in a non med state..
Would be nice though..

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey GG are you using RO for your humidifiers? I am going to from now on. Because of my humidifier my AC got calcium deposits on the blower, and subsequently blew littel white dandruff all over my flowers last run.

Just a heads up in case. It took about a year for it to build up to that point but still.

Delerium

Delerium

Hey GG are you using RO for your humidifiers? I am going to from now on. Because of my humidifier my AC got calcium deposits on the blower, and subsequently blew littel white dandruff all over my flowers last run.

Just a heads up in case. It took about a year for it to build up to that point but still.

Verticals just rock, always worried about burning the leaves and my skin.
Hadn't done a vert since 2009

G

gettogro

Dude.. Exactly I got a great post on that subject.. Ill get it up in the morning.. Carbonate build up on filters and everything.. I got a great fix for that it is working awesome...

CaliShark

CaliShark

So that's what those "white dandruff" flakes are. I use a fogger in my veg setup and I see it all over my plants. I though one of my oscillating fans blade was rubbing plastic off or something blowing it on my plants. But now that you mention calcium deposits, it makes much more since! I know for sure when I read the directions on the fogger it said to use tap water only and not distilled or RO.

G

gettogro

So this is how I am recycling the water for the foggers. It is working great for me so far. No more white dandruff flakes all over the plants and ac filters. water is 0 ppm.
This has drastically reduced my water consumption. All of the water that the plants transpire along with the fogger water gets filtered and reused. My holding tank is 170 ppm filtered well water, after a week of running this system, it has dropped the holding tanks ppm to around 80. Usually when i try something new it backfires on me, but so far so good..

Fogger recy

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
What cartridges are in your big blue filter? It's not just UV is it?

D

Devoted1

Hey GG, I am wondering about the two intake fans you have connected to the filter on the ground, why is it blowing at the wall like that? And then in the other room, it seems one is facing one direction and the other is facing another. Could you let me know why/how it's working out for you? Thanks, have a nice day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom