UC Pro's Dream House. 8 site 20kw

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Devoted1

So he doesn't have to vent the room every couple hours now right? The problem was just using the wrong burner that was burning too big and creating the poison gas?

G

gettogro

Rooms are reset for the new year with fresh plants..
First run was a dismal 1.9 per plant...

I cant seem to get the burners flames dialed in to where im happy with them. I am thinking about switching to bottled co2,

If a 20lb propane tank lasts me 3 weeks running the burner, How long would a 35 lb co2 bottle last??

Anyone have an estimate???

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Throw the Co2 out the window and run an exhausted room. Growmaster as well as many other rip out premium product and good yields without Co2. Try a run without it and see what happens.

sixstring

sixstring

Rooms are reset for the new year with fresh plants..
First run was a dismal 1.9 per plant...

I cant seem to get the burners flames dialed in to where im happy with them. I am thinking about switching to bottled co2,

If a 20lb propane tank lasts me 3 weeks running the burner, How long would a 35 lb co2 bottle last??

Anyone have an estimate???

It will only last about half as long as propane in my room.if you gave me exact room size I have a calculator that will tell us how long a 20 pounder will last.see if I can post it here when I get home.peace

G

gettogro

So I guess using a co2 burner in a totally sealed room is a bad Idea, even though the plants replace the o2. After a while the burners use up the o2 in the room and doesn't burn clean.
I have no co2 burning in any rooms, and all plants are looking great.
making the switch to bottled co2

C&P
A combustion CO2 generator burns propane or natural gas to output CO2. When there is enough oxygen available in the room a "clean combustion" not producing carbon monoxide (toxic to humans) nor ethylene gas (toxic to plants) is obtained. Thus, hourly ventilation between 1 to 3 minutes is required to replenish the oxygen level for a 24 000 Btu generator. For reference, a 24,000 Btu/hour gas generator outputs about 13 standard cubic feet of CO2 per hour.

G

gettogro

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

GG are your issues still present? I have been going through incredibly similar problems, and I just recently came upon this thread.... I too noticed that my issues lessened once I shut off my burner, however I still get some premature yellowing and then browning/drying starting at the tips and premature browning of my pristols.....roots look great tho, it kills me to have not fully gotten a grip on this my yield have been practically cut in half

D

Devoted1

Thanks for the info, it helps more than you think to prevent future problems.

G

gettogro

Nycd looking good along with the wifi.. I got some 35 lb co2 tanks on order.. Changing to 12/12 by this weekend.. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about all my rooms..

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

In the past 5 years I have had 2 grows do the exact same thing and every time it has been a co2 gernerator staying on causing my plants to just go to stall and droop like they are almost dying but no quite.. I lost many nights sleep . I no longer use CAP c02 burners because of this.. When you turn it off the plants will recover but it will really effect you're yield in the end.. Hope you get it Figured out ...JACK
Nice to see you in the neighborhood.

HAM

G

gettogro

Since I have to truck water to the grow, I am now recycling all the water from the dehues and the ac's. The drain water goes into a tote then pumped back into the main water tank through a big blue filter and a UV sterilizer. The pump is on a cycle timer to drain the tote every hour, This should cut my water consumption way down,,,

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Since I have to truck water to the grow, I am now recycling all the water from the dehues and the ac's. The drain water goes into a tote then pumped back into the main water tank through a big blue filter and a UV sterilizer. The pump is on a cycle timer to drain the tote every hour, This should cut my water consumption way down,,,
I was told at some point from dan At CC not to dump ac and dehuey condensate water back into system.. It is essentially distilled water and can't latch on to minerals or something along those lines (dead water). I don't remember exactly, but something along those lines..

G

gettogro

I agree, it goes back into my holding tank which is 170ppm filtered and sterilized well water.. So hopefully it will also drop the ppms of the holding tank as well.. We will see trying something new. I hate trucking water every day..

Amber

Amber

I have read somewhere I can't remember where or why really but that you should not use the dehuey water.

G

gettogro

Everything I have read says that it is dead water, de ionized, and no desolved o2 bad for plants. It is going through a filter and a UV sterilizer then back into a holding tank that mixes it with alkaline well water then goes into the UC ehere there is tons of available o2. I think it will be fine. I am going to put another loop in the system so the recycled water goes right back into the fogger system first so the ac/dehuey water just goes in a loop. I guess the plants will tell me soon enough..

Top Bottom