UC Pro's Dream House. 8 site 20kw

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shane20

Shane20

The DE 1k is not designed and not able to work in the vertical position. This is what @whazzup says. I have the epap 1ks and the bulb only goes in one way, and has a little bubble on it that has to be facing up.

Now, I can tell you this. The epap reflector shoots out stronger side lighting than down lighting, twice as much really. This is how it can have an even footprint twice the size of a conventional reflector. I have thought about using them as vert lights the side lighting is so good I am sure it is possible.

I use 100mL of black strap in 5 gallons. 20mL per gallon. Never hurt anything like that.

@DougsNugs you are better off just buying the SE bulb and a standard mogul socket set for 20 bucks than taking apart a 300 dollar fixture.

Shouldnt the bubble on the bulb be facing down? Not up.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
You are an animal. Why not just hang the bulb positioned horizontally?} You should really look in to the 600w. I just swapped out all my 1k's in my 9k vert room at week 3 and the plants finished like I had the 1ks still. Actually better.
Don't 600 end up having more lumen's than 1000's and less power consup..and larger footprint... Jc. the bible

G

gettogro

Soooo.......You gonna tell us what your nutrients are? Ive got a great 11 light setup going but this 8 plant 20 lb shit is blowin my mind. I want to switch to this UC system and could use as much info as possible. I have been reading up in the UC forum but any advice or ingredients would be extremely helpful. Nice grow man. No ones ever gonna mess with you with 8 plants. My setup has 40 plants and im getting 1.5 per light.

Thanks, I am using H@G base, drip clean, Big dud, over drive, one room, uc bud booster another, no boosters another. Personally I am not smart enough to break down nute profiles for cannabis. so I dont really know what the hell Im doing with that part of the equasion. All comercial base nute would do the job equally as well imo. I will be trying jacks comercial hydro nutes in the future if I can get everything else working properly..

I pull 1.5 per light with 8 pants and 8 lights regularly in one spot. there are so many combo's do do with vert lighting, can pull 2lbs per light with 12 plants and 6 lights. 15 lights can pull 18lbs off 6 plants. You just have to find what plant count you can sleep with and max out that number with as many lights as possible. I wish I could sleep with 50 lights and 4+ plants per. That is for ballers who can be "playin with fire son"

Below 8 plants 12 lbs 7k vert 2 600s over 2 center plants.
photo-2-jpg.345979

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks, I am using H@G base, drip clean, Big dud, over drive, one room, uc bud booster another, no boosters another. Personally I am not smart enough to break down nute profiles for cannabis. so I dont really know what the hell Im doing with that part of the equasion. All comercial base nute would do the job equally as well imo. I will be trying jacks comercial hydro nutes in the future if I can get everything else working properly..

I pull 1.5 per light with 8 pants and 8 lights regularly in one spot. there are so many combo's do do with vert lighting, can pull 2lbs per light with 12 plants and 6 lights. 15 lights can pull 18lbs off 6 plants. You just have to find what plant count you can sleep with and max out that number with as many lights as possible. I wish I could sleep with 50 lights and 4+ plants per. That is for ballers who can be "playin with fire son"

Below 8 plants 12 lbs 7k vert 2 600s over 2 center plants.
photo-2-jpg.345979

We have a bit of a similar style I feel. Beautiful trees buddy!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I love 9 light, 16 plants layout. double stacked and with horizontals if you have the space/electricity.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
9 lights in a grid. 4 plants in the middle getting 4 sides of light and a wall o dank going around the entire room (8 plants getting 2 lights, and 1 plant in each corner getting one light. It's the most efficient way to use the light and keep plant counts low. Next would be 16 lights and 25 plants, etc..

tweedy

tweedy

9 lights in a grid. 4 plants in the middle getting 4 sides of light and a wall o dank going around the entire room (8 plants getting 2 lights, and 1 plant in each corner getting one light. It's the most efficient way to use the light and keep plant counts low. Next would be 16 lights and 25 plants, etc..
Ah I was confused on the double stack portion as that would be 18 lights correct? Potentially more with the overhead?

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

sorry to do this to ya, but your gonna have to explain what you just did with that double ended vertical bulb to me.o_O Atleast a pm, the device thats used from ur mogul base has me super curious and kinda blowin my mind.

looking proper GG, talk about trees!!

Capfan

Capfan

Lookin Good as usual Getto.. Looking through alot of your pics , i notice you get a curl in your fan leaf, looks to be a N tox, i cannot avoid this myself, doesnt seem to bother the girls to much, 90% of the plant is praying, but that leaf curl gets annoying... What EC are you running @ ? i get the N tox even at 400 ppms .5 ... I was just curious if you let the curl stop you from adding more nutes, or ignore it?..

G

gettogro

sorry to do this to ya, but your gonna have to explain what you just did with that double ended vertical bulb to me.o_O Atleast a pm, the device thats used from ur mogul base has me super curious and kinda blowin my mind.

looking proper GG, talk about trees!!

I just busted up an old 1kw light and bent up the wire to fit in the gavita bulb. If you look into a 1kw hps it is a double ended bulb with a piece of wire making the connection to the other end. Just take out the HPS and wire in the gavita, a little silver solder will help, or some crimp connectors minus the insulation.
I wouldnt advise bumping into the wires you will get light up and burned..

Lookin Good as usual Getto.. Looking through alot of your pics , i notice you get a curl in your fan leaf, looks to be a N tox, i cannot avoid this myself, doesnt seem to bother the girls to much, 90% of the plant is praying, but that leaf curl gets annoying... What EC are you running @ ? i get the N tox even at 400 ppms .5 ... I was just curious if you let the curl stop you from adding more nutes, or ignore it?..

I wish I knew the answere to that, When I have a clean run with no hicups, the leaves dont do that as much, I do notice that it is more in the tops of the plants than the lower branches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom