Uc12xl13 9k sealed

• Thread starter jdubz401
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Do you have a top off tank?

What works best in the UC system is if you have a top off tank and you mix it at a level to where the PPM in the system stays the same and at the target PPM and does not rise or fall.

Sounds like you might need more cal/mag, maybe on the next tank change go up to about 170PPM of cal/mag then add your Aqua Flakes base nutrients. But if you added 130PPM of cal/mag already then you should have plenty already.

All this advice and instruction is for healthy plants in a UC system, you might need to vary these instructions a bit if your dealing with sick plants that are not 100%.

One way to test is with foliage spraying. You can try to spray just one of the plants or even just a part of the plant and see if the plant improves. Mix up a cal/mag solution and see if it helps.

Cheers!

deacon1503

deacon1503

Taco'ed leaves in this case is Mg. If using RO, don't be afraid to Ca-Mg to 250ppm, they will eat it up.

M

medmaneast

Yo Yo What up JDubz401....Check out the link at the bottom of this post..It's a good ph chart for water culture...1ml of cal mag and H&G nutes should be fine I think your problem is too low of a ph...In veg I would recommend running a 6.0-6.3 ph if you look on the chart magnesium and calcium aren't available until those ph ranges so even if you put the whole bottle of cal mag in if your ph isn't where it's supposed to be you won't absorb any of it. So I would say let your ph float to 6.3 for a day before you bring it back down and that should clear right up..

Peace Med

J

jdubz401

I put 1 more ml per gallon of calmag and boosted up the nutes a little bit. They seem to be taking it good all the ladies are standing at attention... Thanks for the help everybody tomorrow morning I will take pics maybe a hour or two after the wake

Z

ZombieSlave

day 1 flower, my EC is at 2.7(1860ppm) they are looking at me like I was supposed to be doing this to them from weeks ago.

F

fuzzy

Hey ZS, what kind of nutes?Im running canna and havent hit that high of ppms even twards the end.Just wondering,it sounds a little high.peace,fuzzy

Z

ZombieSlave

my girls have been veggin since novemberish.
Im running the full DM line(with sensical and I plan on adding AN flowing additives, Im new to hydro/growing/UC I figured out my mistakes and I understand how to tell if I have to little or to much(i think).

my EC is right on point with my water that starts at .5 on DM aggressive calculator.
the past 2 weeks the plants have not been geting enough nutrition. flipped to flower nutes from grow nutes made them way happy, as well as 12/12.

on my planed DM calulator Ill be hiting 3.0+EC in a few weeks, and I bet they are just going to love it. keep ya posted.

Also reading DM's online instructions they leave a lot off the bottle fixed a TON of my problems to start with, then understanding what part of my mix is feeding what parts of nutrents and how it all works together. I feel far more confident now then ever, and a lot of it is due to the community and people like DS.

J

jdubz401

2nd Week In Veg

Today is the 2nd week in Veg they are behind but there going strong...
I drained the system last night and filled with fresh r/o
2ml of A&B
2ml of CalMag
And all H&G additives
PPM rested at 500 plants are turning around getting greener, not dry to the touch anymore... Next update right before the flip.... Thanks again everyone whos following along..

Photo18
Photo17
Photo19
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

none of the additives are necessary, and often do more harm then good.

fantastic recovery.

H

hogan400

some happy ladies now! nice and healthy fer sure.

here is something to think about and discuss now that you are on track..

you might lighten the nute strength a touch to keep em hungrier, when you flip they wont have excess nitrogen causing da slight delay or less flowering. If pushing pretty hard in veg right before flip in "my" uc it caused one of my kush strains to have smaller albeit harder nugs, but def less weight.

how many rounds in the uc have you finished?

J

jdubz401

Yea hogan I had that problem last grow on the sour kush I was growing... This is my 3rd run with the uc after seeing what it did last run I can't wait to see what this run does...
Thanks shady there's been tons of problems new strain so I'm basically learning on this one lol but last night one of my buckets decided to crack this is my 4th one plus a epicenter just in this grow itself but luckily I don't have to wait on cc to send me out another one just a quick trip to the local hydro store thank god lol. All is good now hopefully no more leaks and the girls are eating like crazy this will be the last bit of nutes they get until flower trying to keep that N down ( hogan)

J

jdubz401

Ok well today is the official last day the ladies will be in veg...
Due to 2 of the ladies being 23 inches there is a little runt standing at 13 but at this point I have no choice at this point... If anybody has any tips on how to keep them from stretching it would be greatly appreciated other then super cropping. Hopefully the little one catches up to the rest in flower. Right now they are sitting at 600ppms and loving it. Pics in a couple of days see what flowering has to offer...

J

jdubz401

+1

Keep up on the cal-mag giving them the oppurtunity to store up for the stretch. Its semi-mobile.

They look great though.

Thanks, right now there on 2ml a gallon 3ml a gallon of a&b not pushing them to there full potential due to last grow I had way to much N trying to avoid that problem this time around...

J

jdubz401

Ok so I mixed my nutes for the first week of flower it came out to 800ppm. I thought it was going to be to much but the next day I walk in and the meter says 690 I'm wondering if that's normal because a lot of people who run the uc say that the lower the better. But my plants are light green and the are just sucking up nutes as fast as I get them in lol should I just keep adding? They were at 800 and didn't show one sign of burning

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Do you have a top off tank? For hungry plants you can mix the top off tank to a level that will keep the PPM in the main system steady at what you want it to be, like 800PPM in your case seems to be a good place to start. Hopefully that will make sense.

Example: mix the top off tank at 500PPM and see if that keeps the PPM at 800PPM in the main system. If the PPM rises, then lower the PPM in the top off tank, if it still drops in the main system then raise the PPM in the top off tank slowly until the PPM stays at 800PPM in the main system.

If 800PPM seems like it is not enough then you can try to bump them up 100PPM at a time very slowly. 800 to 1000PPM should be plenty even for a hungry strain.

We have had on one occasion to go as high as 1000PPM but you need to make sure you dont see tip burn. It is very hard to catch it because things happen so fast in the UC system.

Cheers!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Contrary to popular opinion cannibus uses twice as much N and Ca during flowering as it does during veg. Careful cutting it out early.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Got Crack?

Just thought I'd throw it out there...
Cayanoacrylate glue. Super Glue!
Pick up a modeling super glue and a catalyst or 'activator' for the glue. I can find 'greatplanes' brand glue pretty easy. With this kind of glue you wouldn't even really need to drain your system as it cures under water, but most likely your cracks are not totally exposed without getting the uniseal out of the way. Anyway, glue the crack spray a little catalyst, wait ten seconds, refill your system. The glue joint will be stronger than the bucket.

Those buckets have got to get expensive at some point.

PB

Top Bottom