UCHQ Question

• Thread starter UCCONFUSION
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa

Papa

Supporter
when a member is justifiably asked to refrain from using names, and continues to do so . . . there are consequences.

UCCONFUSION will be sitting on the bench for a few days.

Papa

G

growgrow

Thanks to the fellow farmers and uchq for keeping this pg. But I on the otherhand take this dhit personally. Number 1 you disrespected the farm, 2 you disrespected and put at risk ur hydrostore and uc as a whole, and number 3 ur an idiot. I read the help u were askin tyystick about and its obvious that u have no idea what ur doing. You even have the wrong sized chiller with fluctuating temps and waay too low rh with organic nutes (which can be rn btw if u know what ur doing), and u want to blame uchq for not using google to search for successful grows online? I literally research 2+ hours daily with a full time job and plenty of other responsiblities to tend to. What kind of fool would spend 10+ k on something that you havnt thouroughly researched? Hence ur screenname. Uchq is too nice in my opinion, id have told u to fxxx urself and sell ur shit on craigslist.

Kick rocks

smokie

smokie

@UCCONFUSION
First off UCHQ has the best customer service period., not sure with there help and all the help here on the farm, you could not get what you need.

No need to get out of hand. UCHQ has seen a pattern and are addressing it, in a open forum @ that, most companies hide from that stuff (Toyota) ppl dying and still wouldn't admit they had a issue.

My point is water sucks being where it is not supposed to be. But it is just water and can be fixed better yet avoided with a box and a pond liner from your local landscape place and if you really want it nice put that bitch on some heavy duty wheels.

I think the Boeing analogy was best, they will sell you a plane but you need to know how to fly.

UC takes a while to get dialed but when you do there is nothing better.
It takes even less time to figure out with all the help around here.

All you can do is take a step back analyze the issues and correct them and move forward or throw in the towel. Dont be a quitter:giggle

No disrespect but if you fail it is on YOU not UCHQ or anyone else. Keep a grow log of everything you do and i mean everything because when you can see the problem, it started weeks ago and you need to go back to see what you did wrong.

Just calm down and get rid of the negative vibes, ask for help there is plenty around.
Sometimes you have to fail a few times to be successful that's all, Growing Pains.

Shane20

Shane20

I agree with Smokie. I am only in my second run with my UC and I have one of the systems with the defective buckets. I have had to call 3 times for buckets so far and have another two leaking at the moment and stopped or slowed them down with the waterleak stuff at Homedepot that UC told me about over the phone. UC has always sent me a replacement and I have had it on my doorstep within two days. I seem to learn something everyday here on the farm. Loads and loads of knowledge and help on here. I hope you can look forward to the New Year, think positive and grow bigger and better on every run and master the UC. That is my goal! THanks to UC and all the farm that post your trials and errors! Much appreciated!!

F

farmseeker

This is a typical reaction to a society that refuses to take responsibility for ones actions... People see every day that it is OK to be an asshole then sue when something happens and then say no one told me.. I am on my 4th run with the UC and I have had problems just like everyone else... I keep reading.. Looking aroud then net... Asking questions and trying to solve problems.. I myself have invested a ton of money into this hobby and not once did I think it was the UC system... It was me... I almost quit myself, but I love this sytem and because I have seen what it can do I will stick with it.... And to put names out here in public is BS... Why dont you post your name, address and telephone number then!

P

Ph0n3

and a fellow grower who has had cracked uc buckets that there is no way you should have got root rot, there is no way you should have lost a whole crop to a cracked bucket or 3 and that its obvious your a growing noob...

So let me get this right, if I come into my room 4 weeks into flower on a Friday no less, find 2 leaky buckets that have TOTALLY emptied my system. Now I have to call CC and get 2 replacement buckets. They shipped them on Monday UPS Ground, because you know it was Friday NIght and calling or email wont get answered until Saturday, my new buckets get here on Tuesday. Now that was Friday-Tuesday with NO water in my system!! This happened to me 3 times this year from FAULTY Buckets, CC has now even owned up to this. How is this a NOOB problem? My plants were sitting for 5 DAYS!! You can't do that to an undercurrent system. Just sayin that a crop can be lost due to bucket leaks, bro.

P

phup

@ UCCONFUSION
Sorry, but I feel it needs to be pointed out that we can all see that although you had some bad luck with the UC with broken buckets the rest of these problems are your own. Running on UC isn't just plug and play or everyone would be doing it. This entire forum is devoted to growing in the UC and UCHQ provides a thread SPECIFICALLY for questions that are occurring in your UC. All you have do is post a question and personally answers them, or one of the many other qualified UC growers are in here, usually in a matter of hours. Doing well in DWC is not easy but stop blaming your failures on the system and accept some responsibility.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

So let me get this right, if I come into my room 4 weeks into flower on a Friday no less, find 2 leaky buckets that have TOTALLY emptied my system. Now I have to call CC and get 2 replacement buckets. They shipped them on Monday UPS Ground, because you know it was Friday NIght and calling or email wont get answered until Saturday, my new buckets get here on Tuesday. Now that was Friday-Tuesday with NO water in my system!! This happened to me 3 times this year from FAULTY Buckets, CC has now even owned up to this. How is this a NOOB problem? My plants were sitting for 5 DAYS!! You can't do that to an undercurrent system. Just sayin that a crop can be lost due to bucket leaks, bro.

So, you let your system sit dry for 4 days? Why no temp fix? I can think of several things to do in order not to lose the entire crop. Are you serious? No bro, I wouldn't lose a run due to leaky bucket or two and I'm sure QBMo wouldn't either... Just sayin..

Papa

Papa

Supporter
UCCONFUSION is now permanently banned for additional violations of the Terms of Use.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

its sad how many people jump into hydro cause of the fast growth and huge yeilds. all this says is that all thats on their mind is money especially when you not doing any research. even before uc water coolers were needed in other large systems so how can you miss or neglect it? he was mad because he went too advanced and spent thousands as he says, not to have any experience with water. i knew he was gonna ask for his cash, i seen it comming by his crying and the helplessness in his tone. his intentions were greedy and matched by ignorance so karma hit him where it hurt. it was never ment to work for him.

B

Buddy Hemphill

UCCONFUSION is now permanently banned for additional violations of the Terms of Use.

damn....I was finding his sniveling drama entertaining...

reminded me of my kid...

P

Ph0n3

So, you let your system sit dry for 4 days? Why no temp fix? I can think of several things to do in order not to lose the entire crop. Are you serious? No bro, I wouldn't lose a run due to leaky bucket or two and I'm sure QBMo wouldn't either... Just sayin..

I must start by reminding you I am in no way trying to blame CC for my problems, I like the CC system I just wish all the MANUFACTURER problems were corrected, ie leaky buckets. Now that I know what happened this summer was NOT my fault I am go for some good runs.

Now to address your questions a little. I had no other choice at the time other than to let them sit. May I remind you this was 2 weeks into flower, with tomato cages on the plants, covers as well, the plants were HUGE! Damn near impossible to move the couple out that I did when I replaced the leaks. On top of that I don't think you have experience with the defective units, so please keep an open mind. When I came into my room there were 2 count that 2 leaky buckets, and leaky is an understatement, the system 78 gallons emptied in less than 24hrs. They were full on stress cracks, I have over 12 of them at my office I can take pictures of the CRACKS if you really don't believe me. That being said, I could have kept top feeding the plants if the leaks werent so big, water just would spill right back on the floor. Think of having to deal with 78 gallons of water on your floor and the aftermath. I went to Home Depot and literally bought all the waterproofing adhesives I could from Marine to buying fiber glass and trying to fix the leak. Nothing would stick to the buckets even after sanding them down.

So please enlighten us on what you would have done? You said you have some ideas but don't tell us? I would be nice to have some temporary solutions floating around for this.

Again not dissing the system, just the fact that I had to deal with leaky, cracking buckets for 6 months, and only recently did I finally get word that it WAS CC's fault for leaky buckets, not loosing my crop, the leaky buckets. Up until then they said I had a unique problem, which apparently it is not.

A++ on customer service I agree. BTW I have 1 system purchased prior to Feb of this year and it is still rocking out just fine.

Here's looking towards a successful year for all.

smokie

smokie

Did you try JB waterweld. It is a 2 part clay mix. Knead colors until uniform then apply, I applied to inside and outside of the mod and all was good

BCrocker

BCrocker

I've read most of this thread.. props to UCHQ...
The other 'confusion' dude... is just that, very very confused.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Guys you make it sound like you got to have a PhD to grow with this system, but all it takes is a little reading and help from you guys. Great bunch of fellas here on the farm. My last year has been great for learning and sharing at the Farm, if I quite making mistakes one day I will find what this baby can do, for now I will settle for the 1/2 lb+ per plant = 1lb+ per 1000w I get when I screw things up.

I do understand the frustration people feel when things go side ways, cracked bucket, happened to me, but you need to be prepared and get good information. After the cracked bucket I lined the room with EDPM pond liner and don't care if it leaks. I also have a water alarm that will call 3 different #s if it detects a leak.

If your putting $1,000.00 of dollars into an investment do your homework, if your lively hood depends on this you should have a business plan that deals with all the possible conditions that could effect your grow. What if the power goes off for 2 days? WTF you going to do, I have two systems soon to be 3 = 25 pods, I have a generator big enough to run the life support systems do you. I have a back up pumps, air stones, buckets, JB water weld, extra pipe, extra seals, is that expensive to have, yes but what's the cost of not having it. As you found out. I learned from my lessons and like any style of growing it takes time and failure to make you a better grower, it work for me.

Top Bottom