uhh, building new quantum boards

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Okay, cool thanks guys, this is what i needed. I know, i should have got an already built light, but, for the future, i do want to know how to build my own. So i am going to have to get over this stepping stone anyways at some point, im here now, already got the parts, i might as well learn. I can do this, just gunna take some learnings.

I think i understand how to connect the wiring to the light now i know which colors go where.

So heres a seperate question. I couldnt find black and red solid core wiring.
I grabbed 2 gray strands, and i figured id color one myself. Can i do this? Is the different color wires, different type of wire? yep, im THIS nooby lol.
If i need to, i can get black and red,just gunna have to wait a little cuz this corona fuck shit lol.

View attachment 955230

Fuck i get so behind on things, i thought i did, but i guess not. I can just grab one do u have a link? ill spend the money bro, youve already done an over the top amount of help for me. Now youd be spending money to send, id feel bad.

COol, atleast i got the correct driver then, i thought i ordered the wrong one lol.

Its okay! im doing good getting things done, i got this, people can have opinions on how i do things, its not their garden and i will build a light if i want to, and put it in my garden if i want too. Sure, an unexperienced guy like me may be better off with a pre built light, but, i want to know how to do this. im interested in this.
Im a computer nerd, who knows 4 computer languages. Im fairly smart.

This is all i need, just some direction, im also googling, i have learned alot about wiring through this. If i dont ever go through this learning phase, how am i ever supposed to get on your guys's veteran levels? Just never build a light and never know? its good!

Appreciate everyone alot, i think ill get this now that you guys verified which ishot and not etc. thats what i didnt get. the colors and shit got confusing, to which spots they go etc. i get it now.
The wiring colors are just for easy reference, the actual color does not mean a thing. If you only have gray coated wire I would personally do something to label one line so you can follow your wiring easily if you have issues.

Your driver is only going to run your light at 150 watts, so if you were trying to run more power you would need to get a driver that can put out the additional wattage.

As for dimmers, a simple 100K ohm potentiometer will do. I have pictures of my build up here somewhere, I built my own QB unit as well and I list the parts and how its put together. I will have to find a link to which thread I put it in.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The reason you use a color scheme is so that at a glance you know what is hot and what is not. Current does not care what color those wires are. Just be certain that the hot wire on the driver is hooked to the hot on the board. Diodes only allow current to pass one way. If its wired backwards ... no light. No harm either ... just it doesn't light up

basscaptain

basscaptain

let me know when you would like to do this ????

I'm having a real shity morning as it is.......

after you mark your 2 wires those will be red.........

so hook them to the driver.... red /red>>> Black/Black

on the qb black will go to neg -
Red will go to poss +

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Red will go to poss +

Peace out friend. Have a bowl/joint/edible and let's begin to make this day better.

basscaptain

basscaptain

You never really let me finish what I was going to do with these...so you now need to decide what you want to do here...

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
The wiring colors are just for easy reference, the actual color does not mean a thing. If you only have gray coated wire I would personally do something to label one line so you can follow your wiring easily if you have issues.

Your driver is only going to run your light at 150 watts, so if you were trying to run more power you would need to get a driver that can put out the additional wattage.

As for dimmers, a simple 100K ohm potentiometer will do. I have pictures of my build up here somewhere, I built my own QB unit as well and I list the parts and how its put together. I will have to find a link to which thread I put it in.
Ahhh okay okay, thank you, i get this.
Ill be checking out your thread as i do this light! I appreciate all your input smoking,i appreciate everyone that puts in effort to help me, for sure. you guys are the real MVPS.

Red will go to poss +

IMG 20200329 051105 0

so from the driver, i have the red cable,wago connected to 1 red 18gauge cable.
That second cable i marked red, am i using that down the road? or should i beusing the second one here too?

and then one blackwire, wagod to the black driver wire.

so that leaves me one red wire left, and one black wire left. I Do have more wire to use, just speaking for the wire i have cut up.

out of the 4 strands, i now have 2 left. one marked red, oneblack.
IMG 20200329 051433 0

So, from the driver to finish..
->

Power cord connected to driver. correct.
then i have the black and red wiring. black wire from the driver, wago connector to a new piece of wiring, new ppiece of black wiring connected from the wago
going to the light.
So you got Driver Black Coord -> Wago connector ->my custom grey/black cord -> which is hooked into my - side of the light.
Red goes to positive.

This would be my black wire, if it was actually black.
]
IMG 20200329 052102 BURST1 1

Red connects to the other side,the positive side.

Still working on connecting the second, one sec.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
ahh i see where the second strands of wire come into play now, ignore that part of my post above, im getting this.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Congrats! Gonna be doin that myself soon! Watched all ya all put urs together ! Cept fir you gramps, I’m an ex tool maker from the glove state , guess you were/are electrician?

Latest posts

Top Bottom