Ultimate Purple "start To Finish"

• Thread starter Eric Johnson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Hey guys so I have finally got my first 4 of 12 ultimate purple seeds planted. (Thanks again power Og I got my nutes pre charged and thankfully was able to have them rdy in time for my babies) I figured since I could not find any information on this particular strain i thought I'd start a journal at first and keep track of my progress as I went but I felt as though it would b a bigger benefit to this community since joining to share my findings, get advice on growing it better as the steps progress. I'm going to b up loading pics of my girls progress at 2 to 4 day intervals and describe what was going on in between.

Ultimate purple start to finish
Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

O I forgot to mention when I pre charged the coco coir with my nftg nutes with half strength (recommended by power Og) I also included molasses for the terpenes, Cal mag for the depletion found in coco coir. When planting them I added worm castings and root enhancer, i filled the Dixie cup about 3-4ths the way full so that when they get a certain height I can add more Coco coir the help stability and more roots.

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Lost 4 ultimate purple 3 didn't even pop even though the root was nice and good sized from germinating. One I got rid of because because she hadn't grown at all in 3 weeks except looking like a small little clover. The one in the center is a Chem dawg seed I just planted today

20141215 101759
H

happy b

Im a big fan of "purple" varieties like urkle,purps ect..iv heard some people say theyr not that strong but i never found that.my only complaint about purple strains is the fact they take forever to get to a decent size in veg.the sweet grapey flavoured smoke more than makes up for it though.

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

This one ultimate purple is the best of anything purple. Speed in growth taste color potency ect. All in one plant it is crossed with purple urkle grand daddy purps grape ape and sr71 purple kush. I got it for those reasons and I'm a super fan of purple like urself and when u was told this one is purple by genetics I was all over it lololol. I also have purple mayhem on the way which is genetically purple also and in breeding the purple is dominant

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

An a new update I fed my ultimate purples and my two dank mystery seeds using the pH pen we got. Since I had 12 cups I made the solution 3/4ths the strength. Forgot the cal mag but gave them a heft folier feeding of it. I am averaging the pH between 5.2 and 6.2 when I tested the pH at first it was 5.1 I brought it up one point at a time to 6.2 then dropping it back down to 5.2 then up to 5.5 and fed them. I check the pH of the drainage and it was 5.9 telling me the coco coir is slightly alkaline

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

20141226 112403

I have been watering the top soil with cal mag water enough to get to the roots but so they aren't over dry and overly wet waiting for my dank mysteries to dry out a little bit more from the cal mag drink they got. Should b time for next feeding tomorrow. Staying very healthy had some mites on them but got rid of those infested leaves.

Last edited:
Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

O and the one that looks more yellow is a chocoloco has yet to get a feeding this one tomorrow is gonna b her first one:-)

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

I just got done labeling them from 1 to 8 number one being the most bushy biggest greenest amd most mite resistant. And so on and so forth to number 8 being the smallest least bushy and least mite resistant. I didn't see the point labeling them at the point of planting not even sure if that's how ur supposed to do it I wanted to see how they grew first before giving them a number.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Just curious how you are checking for mite resistance? Do you have mites now in your spot? I just switched to the Nectar line myself and learned if my coco isn't charged enough that I have to play catchup a bit. Good luck on your run with these!

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Yeah lol we have had mite problems for awhile have had some success keeping them at bay but they always come back

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Thanks an I pre charged them with advice from power Og. And added in a bit more then just 1/2 strength on my nutes. I haven't fed my chocoloco because she had nutes she was feeding off of. And was doing extremely well.

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Late post have been busy. Plus was having some issues with downstairs that we got under control now:) didn't want to show my babies hurting when we knew what was causing it. So for the update:) and I couldn't b happier with the results:) my ultimate purple have been sexed. My ultimate purple number 1 like I was hoping is a female, and my number 6 is a male:) I only had 2 males from the 7 I had left of the 8. Some died due to bad genetics and others died on errors of the environment we were having trouble with or making to strong of a solution of nutes. (Which only killed off my number 4 And my choco loco:-()

My ultimate purple number one was my most mite resistant since that was a problem we have been dealing with for awhile until now. She also was the second of my plants that was the most bushy. My number six male is my most bushy plant and is also my second most mite resistant:) and they are also going to b my first parents. Depending on how they grow I'll determine which others I'm going to keep based off of their genetics. From what I have seen I don't think ultimate purple was fully stabilized yet. Which I'm excited to do myself:)

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Ok not sure y it put doubles in but I can't delete the extra pictures. Does all pollen buds grow like that? Or does it differ? It's like he is saying hey I'm royalty

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Just curious if this is BCBD's version of Ultimate Purple? Good luck! MGG

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

It is lol. I'm a purple lover and this strain was popping out at me and had to have it.

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

And thx I had a few bumps but I'm glad they all survived the ride.

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

i have a pack of the ultimate purple in the vault.good luck on these.

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Thanks:-) I'm already enjoying it lol. I don't think this strain is fully stabilized so I want to do it lol. Plus I am growing blue ox and intend on hybridizing those two. I want to create a super potency strain and these are my first choice.

Top Bottom