Uncle Roms Mixed Pack Mishaps

• Thread starter UncleRomulus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Whats the net over top for?

20% shade cloth. Helps protect them from full summer sun and hail storms in the fall. My set last summer got too tall for it and had to cut it down. Cannabis is actually a semi-shade plant and grows well under filtered sunlight. I have pics of side by side plants under the mid-summer sun vs shade cloth. The full sun plants tolerated it with a heavy droop, the shaded ones were extremely happy and perky. The covered plants were able to focus all their energy on growth while the full sun plants stalled trying to stay cool.

I learned about this from a horticulture instructor.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

20% shade cloth. Helps protect them from full summer sun and hail storms in the fall. My set last summer got too tall for it and had to cut it down. Cannabis is actually a semi-shade plant and grows well under filtered sunlight. I have pics of side by side plants under the mid-summer sun vs shade cloth. The full sun plants tolerated it with a heavy droop, the shaded ones were extremely happy and perky. The covered plants were able to focus all their energy on growth while the full sun plants stalled trying to stay cool.

I learned about this from a horticulture instructor.
Great info! Thanks

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Haha thanks for rubbing it in lol. What is this sun you speak of?

I didn't mean it "that" way, haha. I just wouldn't think it gets hot enough where you are for it to make much difference. Though, maybe? Just like artificial light, it can still be too much without being hot.

Until recently I thought too much light was just matter of heat and that was my focus when observing the solar shade's effect. Maybe it's more than that and it could be useful to you.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Haha
I didn't mean it "that" way, haha. I just wouldn't think it gets hot enough where you are for it to make much difference. Though, maybe? Just like artificial light, it can still be too much without being hot.

Until recently I thought too much light was just matter of heat and that was my focus when observing the solar shade's effect. Maybe it's more than that and it could be useful to you.
I actually saw the sun today. Days are getting longer brother! We have long days in the summer. I’ve found my plants don’t want direct sun the whole long day. They get about 5/6 hours direct sunlight and the rest of the day they chill in a little shade

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Haha

I actually saw the sun today. Days are getting longer brother! We have long days in the summer. I’ve found my plants don’t want direct sun the whole long day. They get about 5/6 hours direct sunlight and the rest of the day they chill in a little shade

Mine get 8-10hrs+ depending on what part of summer and it gets up around 110F(43C). Anything over 85F(30C) and I start seeing signs of stress. Add 10hrs+ of it and they get really droopy. Sometimes I have to water every day. That's saying something when they're in 200gal pots. Its not like a little 10-15gal that dries out quickly.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Mine get 8-10hrs+ depending on what part of summer and it gets up around 110F(43C). Anything over 85F(30C) and I start seeing signs of stress. Add 10hrs+ of it and they get really droopy. Sometimes I have to water every day. That's saying something when they're in 200gal pots. Its not like a little 10-15gal that dries out quickly.
I purposefully only give em 5-6 hours in direct cause we have very little dark hours in summer. Seems like they only want so much lol. I keep em in 5 gals so I can move em around. When they get big it’s a b*tch tho haha

Top Bottom