Undecarboxylated and soaking for months in Ever Clear

• Thread starter Sneuxer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sneuxer

Sneuxer

Hi - I am new to the forum and am looking for advice.
I have a large jar of murky green undecarbed flower that has been sitting in Everclear for months. It's a good amount and I do't want to waste it.
From what I have read this could be used but I'm super low tech and know nothing about making or using hash oil, wax/dab, or shatter. Could someone point me in the direction of a step by step process that I could follow to turn this into a viable THC material for making edibles?

Lessons learned: Always decarb, don't hide it away from kids without leaving a note to yourself, don't play with new weed ideas when your are high. :D
Thanks!!

quirk

quirk

Go to grasscity forums and search Another Tincture Thread and post your question. Psychedelic Sam will give you the good or bad news and how to make the most of your predicament. He wrote the book. Good luck to you.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You'll need to evaporate the alcohol safely somehow. Like in a large glass pan with lots of surface area, and a fan on it. Outside. Wrapping a piece of pantyhose around the pan will help keep bugs out.

When you have it reduced to a goop, you can bake that goop in the oven at 270f or so for about 45 min to decarb. Then add a little coconut oil or butter as a carrier and add it to you favourite cookie or brownie recipe.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Hi - I am new to the forum and am looking for advice.
I have a large jar of murky green undecarbed flower that has been sitting in Everclear for months. It's a good amount and I do't want to waste it.
From what I have read this could be used but I'm super low tech and know nothing about making or using hash oil, wax/dab, or shatter. Could someone point me in the direction of a step by step process that I could follow to turn this into a viable THC material for making edibles?

Lessons learned: Always decarb, don't hide it away from kids without leaving a note to yourself, don't play with new weed ideas when your are high. :D
Thanks!!

A slightly expensive solution is to use a Buchner funnel, water aspirator, and a rotary evaporator. If a rotary evaporator is too expensive you can leave it out with a fan blowing on it. Don't heat it up to evaporate the alcohol faster or the THC can breakdown. You can decarb the concentrate when you are done. I learned from experience as well.

I have three rules when I am high now. All of these are from lessons I learned. lol

1. No texting or phone calls (Mom doesn't appreciate confusing texts)
2. No shopping online (3 huge bags of candy showed up that I didn't know I ordered).
3. Don't touch any bud you don't plan on smoking. (I attempted to make tincture and ended up wasting an ounce, I thought I was Bill Nye I think.)

Last edited:
GimpDaddy

GimpDaddy

I intentionally leave my material soaking in Everclear for a minimum of 60 days, then cook off the alcohol (outdoors, low temp) when it gets goopy, I mix with coconut oil, and put it in capsules. I’m still learning with the winterizing techniques, and I’m not an expert, by any means. But I had a batch of capsules tested recently, and I was pleased with the results

B1031C1A B1BE 4CBF B46C 5489F345E957
AA051314 7CE1 4A8B 83CF A592A9DA1EA8
9E1EE414 99DB 4B3E BBAA 48A1D42C1034
Top Bottom