Under Current 12XXXL on 40" centers

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Damn, that sucks on the males, they are not that good at tellin'm apart over at that camp...

Not sure how much that Nextgen 1000 draws but my guess is that it is in the 3-4 amp range and that house is old enought where the runs in the wall may only support 10 amps at best and if you have multiple things on that circut it will give you lower current to each item and cause a draw on the line and cause heating at the plug and in the line..be carefull but pretty much that 100amp circut at that house is taxed to the max..

I will swing by in te next day or so

Tex

K

KrazyDan

I took it down and its burnt at the connection to the ballast...still runs.....so it was the cord? (pig cord from ballast to wall) its off the grid shithead built on its own in the same carpeted room....oh no it shares that outlet....hmm ..I could route it up here but dont trust it right now.....If your gonna stop in let me know somehow as i'm on the light's schedule and go to sleep at 6-8 am ....brightest at 6pm ;) let me know

KD

Boylobster

Boylobster

Hey Tex, I've got a quick question or two if you've got a second. Well, first, props on all the juicy info you're laying down. I'm still aspiring to ProGro status, and posts like yours (and many others 'round here) are a constant encouragement to push the envelope. It's kinda' irritating, actually, to see people doing it so f'ing well. ;)

Anyway, I swear, I've gone through the other Under Current threads, but were the hell is everyone buying these systems from? I've gone to ~10 different vendors listed on the CurrentCulture website, and none of them have anything like the UC for sale... online, anyway. I need to see if I could possibly tolerate the shipping costs to frozen AK.

If not, then I'm buildin' my own, which brings me to my second question: is there a practical reason *besides* ease of installation for the angled cuts on the piping? I absolutely cannot wait to rock one of these inside my HomeBox tent. :D But I digress; thanks for your time, sensei.

Cheers,
BL

R

REGISTRD

Damn, that sucks on the males, they are not that good at tellin'm apart over at that camp...

Not sure how much that Nextgen 1000 draws but my guess is that it is in the 3-4 amp range and that house is old enought where the runs in the wall may only support 10 amps at best and if you have multiple things on that circut it will give you lower current to each item and cause a draw on the line and cause heating at the plug and in the line..be carefull but pretty much that 100amp circut at that house is taxed to the max..

I will swing by in te next day or so

Tex

When you swing by make sure to bring an ampmeter and I can guarantee you that light is pulling 3/4 amps PER LEG!!! thats 8amps TOTAL..
I dont care what the ballast says NO 1000w light is going to run off only 4 amps..
Ive had it out with hydrofarm about all the lumatek and its MIslabeling as well.. Serious man dont belive what you read when it comes to electrical always get a meter and check the shit yourself youll be surprised what you find!!!

Boylobster

Boylobster

Sweet jeebus, I just realized... I think I tried to jack your thread! Sorry; I'll just expose myself with a new post in Hydro. Still tuned in here, however - game on.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
All my 1ks run at 4-5 amps max but I have everything wired at 220v in my setups..

A Nextgen 1000w pulls 4.75amps when wired 220v and 9.5amps when wired 110v

My mag ballast draw even less when wired 220v..

Tex

S

spinkus

Hey TK I was kinda curious about the angled cuts on the PVC too. Is it just for ease of installation, or is there another purpose??

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Hey TK I was kinda curious about the angled cuts on the PVC too. Is it just for ease of installation, or is there another purpose??

Thats how they come in the standard ones so i just copied it...I think it has more to do with the flow and circulation of the water when its kickin

Tex

Boylobster

Boylobster

Yeah, that was my guess also... but if that's the case, I also wonder if you could mod it with 45 degree slip fittings (perhaps with one angled upward) and reduce your chance of dead zones without adding too much backpressure to the system. Hm. Anyone know enough about hydrodynamics to predict what that would do, or if it would even be beneficial? Jalisco Kid, maybe?

BigBud09

BigBud09

...the pumps alone are approx $500bucksTex
DANNER PONDMASTER AP-60 AIR PUMP POND 3600 Ebay US $139.95 :smiley_joint:
is it harvest time for you soon TK you should get a sick yeild off them plants :harvest: :cash
BB

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

That was a temp setup while we were gettin everything dialed, but you ain't lived till ya blast a puddle with 110v and pop three or four people at on time and blow a breaker....lol

Whats the old addage, Do as I say, not as I do...lol

Tex

I was making a funnie!
God no i dont want to experence that!!
id rather chew on a cactus then get jolted.....

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
great setup

Tex, that shit looks awesome, very professional. i think in the summer you'll need some serious ac. ,how do you deal with the odor?

mal

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
DANNER PONDMASTER AP-60 AIR PUMP POND 3600 Ebay US $139.95 :smiley_joint:
is it harvest time for you soon TK you should get a sick yeild off them plants :harvest: :cash
BB

Thats just one of the three pumps on the 8xl and one of 4 on the 12xl, so they can add up quick

I got mine at way to grow in Boulder

3ton a/c for summer

Tex

R

REGISTRD

All my 1ks run at 4-5 amps max but I have everything wired at 220v in my setups..

A Nextgen 1000w pulls 4.75amps when wired 220v and 9.5amps when wired 110v

My mag ballast draw even less when wired 220v..

Tex

you do realize though its still the same at the end of the line at the meter though right??

M

mrdizzle

you do realize though its still the same at the end of the line at the meter though right??[/QUOTE

yes he does, sorry to answer for you Tex, haha but I know,,,,,,,,,you know,,,,,,,,,,,, hence we know. does help you double the amount of light you can run from your heezy and, maybe its just me, but it just feels better

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am talkin about the amp load on an individual circut, your breakers are based on amps and he was throowin breakers do to stackin to much crap on one circut and 4.75 amps trumps 9 amps everytime in that scenario.....

What does that have to do with end of the line meter reading anyway?

Tex

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I think he was referring only to cost of running the equipment and not safety on breakers and amps......you gotta pay to play, no doubt, but safety should be first, and like diz said, it just makes ya feel better inside when you know you have your loads safely ran!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I think he was referring only to cost of running the equipment and not safety on breakers and amps......you gotta pay to play, no doubt, but safety should be first, and like diz said, it just makes ya feel better inside when you know you have your loads safely ran!

No worries, I was responding to Krazy D about his problem kickin breakers, money is not an issue for him, the house he is in is an older house with and old school 100amp total service to the house, gets tricky when your really rockin to keep everything lit and watch tv at the same time..

Tex

B

Boots Sugarleaf

wow, yeah, working with old wiring sux. and only 100 amps total! yikes, especially if you live in the house also. I have one place where I reran romex from the main panel cause it was all 2 wire cloth covered shit. Scary wire! It was a bitch to rerun sorta but I sleep a lot easier knowing that cloth 2 wire isn't being used!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom