Under current and Leds

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i have been growing in the UC since the blue modules. been using Cultured Solutions by the chart since the concept . i grew with two 1,000 watt hps in a 10x10 room with great results and a lot of electric between the lights, air conditioner, and the dehumidifier.
i made the decision to make the switch to leds. i went with two HLG-600H Quantum boards .its been two weeks the light seem great there dimmable run cooler and use all around a lot less electricity in the room . but i am getting what looks like a calcium deficiency.
anybody out there growing in the UC under leds using Cultured Solutions full line having any deficiency showing in there grow. if so what are you seeing and what are you doing about it? any input would be great!
thanks!

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i have been growing in the UC since the blue modules. been using Cultured Solutions by the chart since the concept . i grew with two 1,000 watt hps in a 10x10 room with great results and a lot of electric between the lights, air conditioner, and the dehumidifier.
i made the decision to make the switch to leds. i went with two HLG-600H Quantum boards .its been two weeks the light seem great there dimmable run cooler and use all around a lot less electricity in the room . but i am getting what looks like a calcium deficiency.
anybody out there growing in the UC under leds using Cultured Solutions full line having any deficiency showing in there grow. if so what are you seeing and what are you doing about it? any input would be great!
thanks!
upon further review i have been told by a couple of people that it is a magnesium deficiency not calcium . anybody else having these problems with LEDS and deficiencies.
thanks!

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

took a couple of pictures
DzrXb9cGRomOFh6mWUcOQg
BvbS4grkRPykD0SXo18Fg
TpnT9BOJTSuCyNqt1h3GDg
7izYmHKiRo2xRopvHXqg

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A lot of growers use Cal-Mag, which is a supplement that is most useful when the water has little or no minerals, such as reverse osmosis or distilled water. On the other extreme, too much calcium can inhibit a plant's ability to utilize Magnesium. I don't know if it could be an issue with leaf bleaching, since that has been reported with LEDs. I'm not familiar with the Cultured Solutions line of products, so I can't comment on it, but I would check the ingredients to see is thee was any calcium or magnesium included.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Try a foliar spray with 1 tsp or as much as 1 tblspn epsom salt per gallon of water. Should clear that problem up pretty quick.

Nugg

Nugg

...I run gh one part with my well water and hydro guard.....
600 par led...and 1600 led...3 different systems...none show any signs of lacking anything until wk 3 of flower...my tips will start burning? Idk.just the tips..like a potassium diff...but not...I run the bloom one part start to finish and Max out around 700-800 depending on size......
I do know it helps to keep temps little higher with the LED...and I only got bleaching once,yrs ago..I had my lights like 6" about plants...back before I new how to use the light...

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

A lot of growers use Cal-Mag, which is a supplement that is most useful when the water has little or no minerals, such as reverse osmosis or distilled water. On the other extreme, too much calcium can inhibit a plant's ability to utilize Magnesium. I don't know if it could be an issue with leaf bleaching, since that has been reported with LEDs. I'm not familiar with the Cultured Solutions line of products, so I can't comment on it, but I would check the ingredients to see is thee was any calcium or magnesium included.

they have a product coco cal that i have always used as part of my Cultured Solutions regiment .

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Try a foliar spray with 1 tsp or as much as 1 tblspn epsom salt per gallon of water. Should clear that problem up pretty quick.
that's a good idea i am going to give them a spray at lights off!

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

seems i have cured my magnesium problem with 1 tablespoon of epsom salt per gallon of nutrient solutions . its not warm out yet and i am dealing with high rates of rh. its hard to run Co2 and exhaust the room at the same time. i have been running the exhaust with lights off for about 30 min an hour for 12 hrs. this seems like this is going to be a major project. anybody out there running the UC with leds ? my temps are 82deg with 62%.right now i am trying to hold off running the AC?
PFGIzXNtTnWLGp9fcY4lQ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

seems i have cured my magnesium problem with 1 tablespoon of epsom salt per gallon of nutrient solutions . its not warm out yet and i am dealing with high rates of rh. its hard to run Co2 and exhaust the room at the same time. i have been running the exhaust with lights off for about 30 min an hour for 12 hrs. this seems like this is going to be a major project. anybody out there running the UC with leds ? my temps are 82deg with 62%.right now i am trying to hold off running the AC?View attachment 873734
If your running CO2 you can get away with higher temps. Also LED usually contains little to no IR so leaf warning from lighting is almost non existent (usually). I would say ambient temps of 86ish and lower should show no signs of heat stress. Increasing the airflow will also help leaves stay cooler and you can probably squeeze out even a couple more degrees F.

Grab yourself a cheap IR thermometer and it will take all the guess work out for you. With co2 leaf temps of of up to 80F should not be to much of an issue. Ideally 75-77F

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

If your running CO2 you can get away with higher temps. Also LED usually contains little to no IR so leaf warning from lighting is almost non existent (usually). I would say ambient temps of 86ish and lower should show no signs of heat stress. Increasing the airflow will also help leaves stay cooler and you can probably squeeze out even a couple more degrees F.

Grab yourself a cheap IR thermometer and it will take all the guess work out for you. With co2 leaf temps of of up to 80F should not be to much of an issue. Ideally 75-77F
the ir thermometer should be here tomorrow!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the ir thermometer should be here tomorrow!
Remember there is a lot of info out there stating that CO2 requires warmer temps. I don't buy this one bit. It will however allow you to run higher temps with lower humidity without the usual negative effects to a point. Leaf temp 75 optimal but a bit higher with co2 is not a problem

Latest posts

Top Bottom