Undercurrent Problems, Over Fert? Thoughts?

• Thread starter Capfan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capfan

Capfan

Good to see things are improving no doubt. I'm in veg and its been slow going dealing with brown slime. I was running steral and switched to running caps bennies. Waiting to do my first water change since I started teas. I'm going to try and lower the water level a bit and see if that helps. My plants look great and the roots are banging but their just a little slow this far in.

Toss up some pics?

Capfan

Capfan

i also am switched to a RO unit in about 2 wks, starting ppm of tap is 150, no good.

G

GeneticFreak

GSC Cherry Pie Cut;)

Capfan

Capfan

They Look good man!, you said you flipped? Looks like you already got them prunned up, Looks like they could use a good spreading though! all that foliage all bound up!

Capfan

Capfan

11 days into flower, bud sites appearing, and they are eating food like crazy, not sure if 250 is even enough, and almost seems like nothing? Bumped ppms from 190 to 250 again, added 8 gallons EWC, rez change due in 4 days, ill bump it up 300-350..

IMG 20130801 160108
N

NWElite89

It depends on the strain and how they are adapting to the food, but at almost week 2 I usually sit anywhere between 450-550. Your plants will ultimately tell you

ken dog

ken dog

ppm values mean nothing, unless you specify the 500 or 700 scale... I would suggest using EC.

also I would suggest getting an EZ cloner

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

using rockwool/rapid rooters or any other spongy media you have to be sure ur water level is lower than ur net pot... the rockwool will still stay damp just because of the humidity in the buckets... That is enough to make the roots grow, if using rockwool.. Id still recomend getting an aero cloner and a bubble tray though... I have never seen plants grow as fast as they have this way.. Take a look at my thread its mis titled in the caps bennies forum

This is the smartest thing I've ever heard about Veg in the UC. Props to you for sharing such an important secret.

S

Shawnery

Off topic but does anyone know why you get these dark bands with most grow room pics?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I get them with led's as well, interesting, thx!
That is flickering, your drivers could be the cause, maybe if you are using dimmers that may cause it too. I was just asking the same question about pics taken under hps. I think if your balast or driver doesn’t provide constant power but provide electrical pulses to your light source this flickering is what you get (not a light technician so i am not sure about the cause). It is indiscernible to human eye but cameras pick that up. Also can’t be good for the light source either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom