Undercurrent - Take 2 [12UCE12XL] 5000W

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I started my undercurrent adventure with some pretty signficant system issues. First off I broke the return manifold and had to get a new one, and the second more significant issue was a very bad leak on the feed manifold. I tried to repair it myself but the leak was too bad to fix. Still scratching my head not sure how it came on so fast and so catastophic.

I am in the middle of a complete system overhaul. I went to Lowe's and got some buckets and had to build a 12-site bubble bucket setup to try and keep my plants healthy until the parts come in the fix my UC. The folks down at current culture seem to think its a bad module, so they are sending me a new module and uniseals.

On the plus side of things I now have a bubble bucket system I can use for veg haha.

I have been told by many people to use coco or a medium based system to get me through this run and then use the UC next run. In order to do this I would have to tear down the UC and then reassemble it because my room is built specifically for this system.

This run has been frustrating to say the least, but when the system was up and running the plants were looking great. The thing that keeps me going is keeping my eye on the prize. Once I get the system repaired and up and running I think the rewards will be greater then all this frustration I am going through. Yea sometimes I get frustrated to the point where I want to say fuck it all and throw in the towel, but who wouldn't with the frustration that I went through so far? After I get the system fixed and in action I will updatw with some pics. Peace for now.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
ahh jeez cat,more power to you bro..keep on trucking..but yea i prob woulda said fuck it...hempys are looking better and better everyday..good luck in you uc venture!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Way to stick with it. It will pay off huge for ya. Ive done a number of different rdwc system and nothing comes close to the stabilty of the UC and that is key in dwc

T

tonic12

I started my undercurrent adventure with some pretty signficant system issues. First off I broke the return manifold and had to get a new one, and the second more significant issue was a very bad leak on the feed manifold. I tried to repair it myself but the leak was too bad to fix. Still scratching my head not sure how it came on so fast and so catastophic.

I am in the middle of a complete system overhaul. I went to Lowe's and got some buckets and had to build a 12-site bubble bucket setup to try and keep my plants healthy until the parts come in the fix my UC. The folks down at current culture seem to think its a bad module, so they are sending me a new module and uniseals.

On the plus side of things I now have a bubble bucket system I can use for veg haha.

I have been told by many people to use coco or a medium based system to get me through this run and then use the UC next run. In order to do this I would have to tear down the UC and then reassemble it because my room is built specifically for this system.

This run has been frustrating to say the least, but when the system was up and running the plants were looking great. The thing that keeps me going is keeping my eye on the prize. Once I get the system repaired and up and running I think the rewards will be greater then all this frustration I am going through. Yea sometimes I get frustrated to the point where I want to say fuck it all and throw in the towel, but who wouldn't with the frustration that I went through so far? After I get the system fixed and in action I will updatw with some pics. Peace for now.

defiance_frog_stork.jpg

Time to rock it, I read some of your posts in the UC problem thread, if it should have worked the first time, make it work the second time.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I say never give up brother... been a year and half building my room by myself. Loaned money out and never got it back, fear, health issues, severe exhaustion, full time school, family and the pain... oh my God the pain...LOL. Been rough brother...ahahahaha but I am sure you will get through yours.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

hell yea, stoked to see that you're giving it another go!

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I don't know if this will help man but mine leaked as well it turned out that the pipes were in there in a way that put pressure on them and made them leak I kept adjusting them and used stretch tape from home depot they stopped leaking after a few days I had 5 leaks man no bullshit.

DSCN0733.JPG

L

Lost

I know this sounds wieds but Ihad I think 3 or some minor leaks at startup. I added nutes (salts) and the gaskets seems to swell and after 3-4 days, no more leaks. They were minor drips anyway, nothing to worry about, but again, fresh water didn't do it, but as soon as the nutes went it it was fine *shrugs*

M

mrdizzle

^^^ same thing with my buddies DIY UC we build. dude spent a week trying to fix all the leaks and right before he blew his head off he said "fuck it let them leak". two days later leaks stopped

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Glue for perminant seal and a lite coat of silicone outside for a temp, should fix problems like that. Dab on the finger and rub on the outside. Manifolds should be glued in my opinion. Just a thought.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Parts came in today and everything is up and running with no leaks. It had to be a bad seal between the uniseal and the bucket because after I swapped it out everything is a ok. I ended up a few days behind but all and all everything worked out ok. On a side note I played with some different PPM's in the stand alone DWC buckets while I was waiting on my parts and think I have found out the sweet spot for my strain.

ahh jeez cat,more power to you bro..keep on trucking..but yea i prob woulda said fuck it...hempys are looking better and better everyday..good luck in you uc venture!

Thanks bro.

Way to stick with it. It will pay off huge for ya. Ive done a number of different rdwc system and nothing comes close to the stabilty of the UC and that is key in dwc

Yea I think I got this thing licked finally.

defiance_frog_stork.jpg

Time to rock it, I read some of your posts in the UC problem thread, if it should have worked the first time, make it work the second time.

Fo sho.

Glad to see you are getting back on the horse.

Giddy up. :banana1sv6:

I say never give up brother... been a year and half building my room by myself. Loaned money out and never got it back, fear, health issues, severe exhaustion, full time school, family and the pain... oh my God the pain...LOL. Been rough brother...ahahahaha but I am sure you will get through yours.

Yea bro it seems like that things that give you the hardest time are usually the things that are worth getting through.

hell yea, stoked to see that you're giving it another go!

Thanks for the support bro.

I don't know if this will help man but mine leaked as well it turned out that the pipes were in there in a way that put pressure on them and made them leak I kept adjusting them and used stretch tape from home depot they stopped leaking after a few days I had 5 leaks man no bullshit.

DSCN0733.JPG

Yea my pipes were fine it was the uniseal/bucket on mine though. Hard to fix that without replacing the module.

^^^ same thing with my buddies DIY UC we build. dude spent a week trying to fix all the leaks and right before he blew his head off he said "fuck it let them leak". two days later leaks stopped

Sounds about par for the course bro.

Glue for perminant seal and a lite coat of silicone outside for a temp, should fix problems like that. Dab on the finger and rub on the outside. Manifolds should be glued in my opinion. Just a thought.

I tried marine epoxy. I think that the leak was too bad to fix with any glur product. This thing was spilling about 10 gallons an hour out of this leak.

F

FatFreddysKat

All right all right then there MrGoodCat...on with the show!!!!!!!!Glad you got it fixed !!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yea brother... that is a pretty good size leak then. For sure do not give up. It has been a rough road for me as well. Still got a little way to go before I am up and running myself. Hard doing everything on my own. But my little collective will hopefully reap the reward as well as meds for myself.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Whaddup Mr.GoodCat! Glad to hear that you're back up and running... Looking forward to your next photo update... :cool

St3ve

St3ve

its funny, mine leaked for a few days then just stopped also.

and I'll tell you from experience.. all the pain, suffering, and bullshit you're going through now, no matter how annoying or bad, will be completely forgotten once the shits running strong. Best of luck..

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. My plants are growing slow, I think the transplant shock from moving from system to system and the algae that I got from the hygrozyme really restricted the veg growth for the last week or so.

On a side not I think that my PH meter is not reading right. My plants are showing some signs of a little to alkaline root zone so I am gonna pick up a PH test kit today and see if I need to replace my PH probe. Everything else all in all looks pretty good considering. I will update with some pics in a few days once these girls start getting a bit better.

EDIT: Confirmed as I thought. PH probe was fucked. After calibrating was reading 4.6 and after I adjusted it it kept creeping back down. I am glad I got a little suspicious and checked into it because my PH was at 7.8 with a brand new hanna pen that was calibrated out of the box. Setting PH back to 5.5 and ordering a new probe ...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Seems like those trimeters have lots of issues. Hanna 98129 FTW, especially for farmers like me that use it in diff setups and like the mobility. I just replaced my pH probe yesterday after a year and a half of heavy use... Glad you got that sorted out... :cool

Top Bottom