Undercurrent - Take 2 [12UCE12XL] 5000W

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

nice catch! lol

Hell yea it was

Seems like those trimeters have lots of issues. Hanna 98129 FTW, especially for farmers like me that use it in diff setups and like the mobility. I just replaced my pH probe yesterday after a year and a half of heavy use... Glad you got that sorted out... :cool

Yea I have had mine for almost 2 years now. Its a nutradip. Really like the unit, first problem I had with it really. I bought a seperate ph and tds pen today for doing my veg plants and for spot checking, etc.

Here is a pic of my setup. Battleing back from algae and shock from bouncing back and forth from a few different systems as mine was under repair, and now the high ph. Everything should be smooth sailing from here on out, they are starting to look good again. New healthy white roots and frsh vegetation.

PH 5.5
PPM 170
Temp 67

Using advanced Sensi Grow A-B, Aquashield

UCVeg 001
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Ouch, looks like that high pH hurt em......damn meters, gotta love the drops. Looks like you're back on track though.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Ouch, looks like that high pH hurt em......damn meters, gotta love the drops. Looks like you're back on track though.

Yea for real. I am glad I caught it in time. Plants are back on track though. The last 2 days they have been eating a steady 30PPM per day. I upped the PPM from 200 to 250. The new growth is lush and green. I bet you guys are gonna be surprised the next time I do a photo update.

I am really proud of myself for sticking this out and not throwing in the towel. I learned a tremendous amount this run. My next run should be a little more effortless. I think I am gonna right a tutorial from everything I gathered as far as information and submit it to Daniel at Current Culture to add to the FAQ's on their website. 2 main things is the use of enzymes in the UC and the starting concentration. They recommend running 1/2 strength nutes in the FAQ's but I think a better starting point would be at about 150-200 ppm like UCMENOW reccomends. And we all know whats up with the enzymes ..

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'm really glad you didn't toss in the towel either... You have an awesome room, system, and strains... I have full confidence that you will kick ass in there and take names later! :cool

C

chief greenleaf

hey der buddy ya switched up threads on me... i was wonderin what happened to ya! seems like your gettin things under control, isnt hydro a blast! ill be lookin forward to an update homey

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I'm really glad you didn't toss in the towel either... You have an awesome room, system, and strains... I have full confidence that you will kick ass in there and take names later! :cool

Yea Shady things are looking better. I have finally figured it out. In all honesty I am kind of embarassed how long it took me to dial shit in.

I am making the switch today from AN Sensi base to ionic grow/bloom. I have everything dialed in perfect, room conditions everything, roots looking healthy, but my plants are growing very slow. After talking with Daniel he told me that AN has a very poor track record in the system. I think there is something about the properties of the AN sensi line that doesn't make all the nutrients available in the UC. Somehow it must interact with the soil or soiless medium to help breakdown the nutrients. I am no scientist but this is my observation. I was told by a few people to stay clear of AN in the system, but I already had it on hand so I decided to go for it and see for myself. After this run I will be a graduate from the UC School of Hard Knocks with a PHD in UC101

hey der buddy ya switched up threads on me... i was wonderin what happened to ya! seems like your gettin things under control, isnt hydro a blast! ill be lookin forward to an update homey

Yea I actually prefer hydro to dirt though. The undercurrent system is a system all its own bro. It's definitely not for everyone. I have done stand alone dwc, flood and drain, aero and even a DIY RDWC setup I built a few years back. The undercurrent is so unique because of the amount of DO and rate of flow of the nutrient solution. I have found that I use way less nutes in the UC then any other hydro system I have encountered.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Flip Time

Damn I can't believe I am gonna flip these things! Its been a long road but I think it will be well rewarded. The 2 plants in the immediate center were the biggest so theY got shocked the most from the high PH from my failed probe. All the other ones surpassed them already. The new growth is awesome with the Ionic line I am now using. I am running about 400 PPM with Ionic Grow/Bloom, Big Bud and ofcourse aquashield. Chiller is set at 66 and ac is set at 78. Co2 supplimentation has begun at 1400PPM. I am experiencing a little leak but am not gonna worry about it until I get this run under my belt.
Here is an update. Just flipped these girls.

UCFlip 001
UCFlip 008
C

Chris1

Can't wait! (Bart Scott voice)

Looks sweet my man, what strain(s) are those?? I kinda zoomed through and didn't see it mentioned.

Any plans to run the UCE with vert lights??

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Can't wait! (Bart Scott voice)

Looks sweet my man, what strain(s) are those?? I kinda zoomed through and didn't see it mentioned.

Any plans to run the UCE with vert lights??

Alaskan Thunderfuck (clone has been in my circle since the mid 90's) I dunno bro. If I do decide to go vertical it wont be with this system, I will use this one for veg. The thought has crossed my mind though.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Girls are looking good for the flip Mr. GoodCat! :cool

winta

winta

shit is lookin good my brutha! let the games begin! :bongsmi:

C

crossouttheiis

thats awesome. Its good to know there is still a variety you can use in this system. things are looking great man.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Day 18 of flower things are looking great. Seems like I have found the sweet spot at 400 ppm. Running ionic bloom and big bud with aquashield.I know I said I was done posting on the farm but I owe it to you guys to finish my thread. I flipped these girls with little to no training because of some problems I went through early on. I will chalk this run up as a learning experience. Next run will be twice as good.

2011 04 25 193407
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shuffle on by whenever you see fit. Glad to hear you are dialing in your system.

-TF

hiboy

hiboy

Kewl cat,
thanks for posting and finishing this one,
your infos been helpful
hiboy

C

crossouttheiis

Awesome great looking girls. I am working on training mine.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for sharing Mr GoodCat... The show must go on! :movie

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Thanks for the props homies. Here is a quick update. Day 34. Ionic Bloom, Big Bud, Aquashield. PPM 450 PH 5.7

Day 34 023
R

RMCG

Looking real good.

How are you keeping Ionic at 5.7?

Everything I do, it wants to stabilize at 6.1 My tap is 7+ but regardless of how much 'down' I add, it always migrates back to 6.1 and stays.

Do they have some buffers or something in there? More of that 'pH perfect' crap?

I think I am going to forgo pH management and let it ride for a bit.

Top Bottom