Unfinished Grow Diaries

• Thread starter JGreenGiant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JGreenGiant

Why is it that whenever I google a strain with the word diary after it and then click a link to someones diary. It is exceptionally rare that they ever get finished.

Some last maybe the first week or two till the uploader gets bored and quits a very few are complete and always extend several pages after with various other members discussions when the original thread starter is long gone but what I find more often than not is that the diary generally goes almost up to harvest then just completely stops!

What happens? Are the diary writers being busted at harvest time or maybe getting super paranoid (in which case you'd imagine they would delete their diary) or are they simply post harvest too stoned and cba to finish it?

Any ideas anyone, have you started and not finished one? Thanks! :)

G gnome

G gnome

In my case...i had a few goin and then got banned and am no longer willing to put forth the effort to do a journal just to possibly be banned again. Given the circumstances in which i was banned it isnt as if i brought it on myself so .....no tellin when im gonna get banned again

I think tho, more often than not ppl end up w shitty lookin plants and dont wanna post their shitty results

J

JGreenGiant

In my case...i had a few goin and then got banned and am no longer willing to put forth the effort to do a journal just to possibly be banned again. Given the circumstances in which i was banned it isnt as if i brought it on myself so .....no tellin when im gonna get banned again

I think tho, more often than not ppl end up w shitty lookin plants and dont wanna post their shitty results

lol, could well be. Im often astounded at some of the supposed dry weights people often claim too. They have a tray where you can clearly see the scale of it by perhaps another object being in view and I know that what they are claiming to be 24oz dry would often at best way be 6oz. I think people people weigh there wet harvest then when it is dried to 20% of original weight they are too embarrased to be honest...... and all probably started by one person 15yrs ago! :)

Infact the only time Ive ever in the flesh seen a 36oz /1k harvest was when a friend ran 6 x 600w with 4 plants under each which when you do the maths is 1.5oz per plant properly dried, which is what I generally average. I have only ever achieved 5oz from one plant dried but that one plant had been a mother and grown for months and was flowered in a 1.5mx 1m area under 1x400w it was an old skool Super Skunk from sensi seeds. Im talking about plants that have been vegged for 6 weeks.

G gnome

G gnome

lol, could well be. Im often astounded at some of the supposed dry weights people often claim too. They have a tray where you can clearly see the scale of it by perhaps another object being in view and I know that what they are claiming to be 24oz dry would often at best way be 6oz. I think people people weigh there wet harvest then when it is dried to 20% of original weight they are too embarrased to be honest...... and all probably started by one person 15yrs ago! :)
Idk man.....some ppl on here are killin it.....theres ppl here @ the farm who are knockin down 1.5gpw+ imo thats real good

J

JGreenGiant

Idk man.....some ppl on here are killin it.....theres ppl here @ the farm who are knockin down 1.5gpw+ imo thats real good
I dont want to doubt you but Id love to see that. If my plants looked sickly Id get I was doing wrong but I have done many strains in many systems with plants that always look perfectly healthy and thats my experience.

J

JGreenGiant

so assuming an average of 4 plants per 600w unless SOG then thats almost a kilo, I dont get where the space is for all this bud? but hey I dont wanna call anyone out as lying. I can get that amount wet and really dont see how more is poss when my area achieving that is already rammed full of bud.

G gnome

G gnome

I dont want to doubt you but Id love to see that. If my plants looked sickly Id get I was doing wrong but I have done many strains in many systems with plants that always look perfectly healthy and thats my experience.

so assuming an average of 4 plants per 600w unless SOG then thats almost a kilo, I dont get where the space is for all this bud? but hey I dont wanna call anyone out as lying. I can get that amount wet and really dont see how more is poss when my area achieving that is already rammed full of bud.
Its a lot to do w density of the buds themselves. D.e. lights and co2 make a huge difference. Not to say that 1.5 cant be achieved w/o those things. Another factor is generics. I assure not only is it possible but its fairly common.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I'm going with @G gnome an guessing it's embarrassment of finished product and or they get anxious an chop it an it sux.. Just my opinion. I do hate reading a journal an it's been dead for months. Must be a pride thing. I mean its anonymous, I grow shitty things with shitty set ups an still post shitty pics. Lolz. Y take it personal? If u didn't want comments or help I feel your in the wrong place. I'm quick to fry or mess up some shit. Lol then jus try somethin diff next time.

J

JGreenGiant

I'm going with @G gnome an guessing it's embarrassment of finished product and or they get anxious an chop it an it sux.. Just my opinion. I do hate reading a journal an it's been dead for months. Must be a pride thing. I mean its anonymous, I grow shitty things with shitty set ups an still post shitty pics. Lolz. Y take it personal? If u didn't want comments or help I feel your in the wrong place. I'm quick to fry or mess up some shit. Lol then jus try somethin diff next time.

The only thing that makes me think that on a lot of occasions its not embarrasment is the fact that often the diary pics look really good till the orig poster goes awol! Im more and more convinced they are a combination of too stoned and now even more paranoid having just harvested.

Though I dont doubt a fair few are as you both say! :-)

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

I think people are not commercial growers, so they get to harvest, get really high, really paranoid that they've been posting on the net, and priorities change once you've chopped. I dont know I do like to how off my finished bud, glorious or not, we're always learning and getting better

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I posted a few grows under my old name then half way through the breeder got banned and my grow thread got locked.
Too much effort was put into it only to have the thread locked over breeder politics.
The breeder got banned??? Wtf so if I understand correctly you can't grow a certain strain that is from a banned breeder an journal it? That's like me owning a ford an cause your town don't like them I can't drive there?? Really? It's that kind of party?

J

JGreenGiant

The breeder got banned??? Wtf so if I understand correctly you can't grow a certain strain that is from a banned breeder an journal it? That's like me owning a ford an cause your town don't like them I can't drive there?? Really? It's that kind of party?

Having processed that properly it does leave somewhat of a bad taste. But depending what the breeder had done I can understand to a degree the forum owner not wanting their product promoted but it does make one wonder what that particular breeder had done that an independent member would have their work deleted.

Maybe a mod could step in and answer that?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I know I have been guilty in the past of this for 2 reasons. Lack of interest. Going through the trouble of taking pics ect and writing out long posts gets old when no one is interested. Also time and real life. Well when you start one grow, then another, then another shit really piles up. You get to the point where its a chore and not entertaining anymore. I never run testers for anyone so I never thought twice about it. Also sometimes the people in your thread just give you a bad taste in your mouth. It's usually easier to just throw up right before chop/ finished.

J

JGreenGiant

I know I have been guilty in the past of this for 2 reasons. Lack of interest. Going through the trouble of taking pics ect and writing out long posts gets old when no one is interested. Also time and real life. Well when you start one grow, then another, then another shit really piles up. You get to the point where its a chore and not entertaining anymore. I never run testers for anyone so I never thought twice about it. Also sometimes the people in your thread just give you a bad taste in your mouth. It's usually easier to just throw up right before chop/ finished.

You raise some very fair points there but a lot of the unfinished diaries Ive seen have lots of support and followers and response from the thread starter then cease dead.

J

JGreenGiant

Whenever I look up a diary now I simply start from the last page and work my way back to harvest...If I like what I see I'll read from the beginning.

Ps when I say look up I mean from a google search and not generally a specific forum.

Top Bottom