Unknown Issue

• Thread starter SparcOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SparcOne

SparcOne

Hi so a few things have changed this week for the worst, everything was looking great coming in to week 4 of flowering. All white vibrant pistils stacking weight nicely and full of shiny Trichomes

Unknown issue
SparcOne

SparcOne

Because it’s extra humid where I live I put a rotating fan on it in the evening to help with circulation and prevent bud rot. I may of had it on too hard as the next day I noticed a lot more brown/orange pistils appeared literally over night. So now I’m using a lot weaker fan so that hopefully is under control but the whole plant has started to stress ever since then. I have the odd caterpillar leaving dead spots which I’ve been removing immediately but that shouldn’t stress the whole plant. Today I noticed some black curling leaf tips on a few leaves and the flowers still seem to be maturing fast. Also the nice shiny Trichomes almost look more like specs of sand now.. growing in the tropics is tricky but shouldn’t be impossible I will post photos..

SparcOne

SparcOne

It’s very hot here right now so I watered an extra 2ltrs yesterday so it could be heat stress or over watered stress but all the leaves are open and standing up so don’t think it was over watered..

F0DFD896 B0AF 49D3 B40C 9F754BE7FCB2

BloodShot

BloodShot

Looking at those pics I'm gonna lean very heavy towards bugs. If guessing spider mites and caterpillar's possibly something in the soil eating roots.

I'm gonna step out this treatment of bugs not my strong point. I would scope those leaves though.

Have you checked for pests yet such as spider mites?
Lots of white dots on leaves.

SparcOne

SparcOne

That was my concern, I’m out in the jungle in Costa Rica so there’s so many things trying eat her and those white dots just showed up yesterday. I get a lot of leaf minors leaving so I was hoping that’s what it was but I think your right about the mites. Do you have a recomended method of killing them without affecting the flowers, she’s at 32 days. Can mites cause the leaf tips to curl and die like that? Looks like a possible potassium deficiency also

^ fairly advanced mite infestation

SparcOne

SparcOne

I unfortunately don’t have a scope but I think it’s mites, so far I haven’t found any webbing except from the odd random caterpillar so not sure what type of mites. I’ve only dealt with mites in veg stage with neem oil what do you recommend I use so far into flowering?

Have you checked for pests yet such as spider mites?
Lots of white dots on leaves.

BloodShot

BloodShot

I unfortunately don’t have a scope but I think it’s mites, so far I haven’t found any webbing except from the odd random caterpillar so not sure what type of mites. I’ve only dealt with mites in veg stage with neem oil what do you recommend I use so far into flowering?
I just got through tossing one I had taken in from outside a while back, I have only fought them with DE, squishing and spraying with shower wand from underneath in the bathtub. I wouldn't wish them on anyone and fear they will return especially when things get hot and humid.
I did do a search "as I'm sure you don't wanna chuck it like I did last time" and found this

Green cleaner is your friend. Can be sprayed up to the day of harvest. The main ingredient is alcohol. When you harvest take the hole plant outside and hit it with compressed air. That will get rid of all the dead bugs. Dry the hole plant up side down all the rest of the mites will scurry to the top of the stalk I usually burn em with a propane torch.
I'm sure others will help I was just pointing out the obvious...But I would do a check, I can see them with my eyes although they are difficult to spot.

SparcOne

SparcOne

Unfortunately Amazon is not an option in the jungle. I’m off today on a 2hr commute to the closest and only grow shop in my Provence they don’t have green cleaner but stock an alternative product that’s oraganic and can be sprayed through the flowering period. My next question is if I’m successful after multiple sprays killing mites and their eggs is it possible for my buds to produce fresh new white pistils and still stack weight or are they likely to be stunted for life equaling an early harvest? I’m at day 32 of flower so a lot of time before she is meant to come down.

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Cleane...eb807e0d17a2a835a87f3ca1be2b2f&language=en_US

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That was my concern, I’m out in the jungle in Costa Rica so there’s so many things trying eat her and those white dots just showed up yesterday. I get a lot of leaf minors leaving so I was hoping that’s what it was but I think your right about the mites. Do you have a recomended method of killing them without affecting the flowers, she’s at 32 days. Can mites cause the leaf tips to curl and die like that? Looks like a possible potassium deficiency also
Yes it often affects new growth tips as you've described; there are a lot of organic mixtures you can make at home with hot peppers & tobacco and the like online, so if you get a chemical product you can alternate it with a homemade recipe so they don't develop a tolerance to just one, might give you greater success!Good luck

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Unfortunately Amazon is not an option in the jungle. I’m off today on a 2hr commute to the closest and only grow shop in my Provence they don’t have green cleaner but stock an alternative product that’s oraganic and can be sprayed through the flowering period. My next question is if I’m successful after multiple sprays killing mites and their eggs is it possible for my buds to produce fresh new white pistils and still stack weight or are they likely to be stunted for life equaling an early harvest? I’m at day 32 of flower so a lot of time before she is meant to come down.
If you haven't left yet my experience is that neem oil on its own will not work; it may be a component in a homemade Brew but used by itself I haven't had luck with it. I would use the strongest commercial product I could find

Ps. The irony of Amazon not being an option in the jungle was not lost on me 😉

SparcOne

SparcOne

Today they are completely visible and on the move, luck is definitely needed faark
33EEFFB6 578A 4E6F 84E3 A76D885A538C

Yes it often affects new growth tips as you've described; there are a lot of organic mixtures you can make at home with hot peppers & tobacco and the like online, so if you get a chemical product you can alternate it with a homemade recipe so they don't develop a tolerance to just one, might give you greater success!Good luck

SparcOne

SparcOne

Neem oil during flowering is something I wouldn’t do for the taste will be completely affected.

Haha Amazon don’t go to the jungle.. definitely ironic

If you haven't left yet my experience is that neem oil on its own will not work; it may be a component in a homemade Brew but used by itself I haven't had luck with it. I would use the strongest commercial product I could find

SparcOne

SparcOne

Azaguard seems to be the only product I can purchase over the counter here. I sprayed an organic garlic based insecticide last week which seems to have killed most of the mites but the plant is not looking like bouncing back. She has basically stopped producing white pistils and is dropping fan leaves at a rapid rate. I’m leaning towards flushing it and hanging it to salvage something at least to smoke but wanted to ask if anyone has had plants bounce back after a mite infestation this far in to flower first. It’s only just entered week 5 so it’s at least 3 weeks away from normal harvest time.

8949CA46 C0E3 4EEF 9D7B A3E8B566C361
08452A01 B981 4D2F 837F 79232C831B5A

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Just my own inexperienced opinion but I would not chop it the yellow ING seems to me minor at your stage. I say finish it harvesting now may as well just trash it.

Keep up on the mite problem tho also, the plant looks over all fairly healthy. Those yellow leaves look like they were not getting much light under that bush of a plant lol.

Good luck. someone who knows better will correct me I'm sure.

Top Bottom