Unusual autoflower grow, do i repeat leaf stripping?

• Thread starter Service67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Service67

Hello

I completed my first organic grow with an autoflower. Topped and lst, used air pots, repotting. Was fine after 5 weeks, then went very light in colour. Leaves started getting burned spots and burned edges. Leaves were paper thin throughout. After 6 weeks, realised i should have ph water. Immediately rectified. N deficiancy, due to fe deficiancy, as ph too high. Leaves were so burned to a crisp, ended up stripping ALL leaves, with exception of a few at base of stems. Buds developed okay, new sugar leaves fine. Couldnt feed too much, due to damage done. Was a case of nursing plant through flower. Ended up with 3.5 ozs, which was a surprise. The biggest surprise though was that the bud was exceptionally potent. A few friends tried it, and got incapacitated. Was a sativa leaning hybrid. They all thought the bud was exceptional. Pure sativa effect, real head high. They couldnt believe potency. Bud had little smell, but absolutely covered in crystals.

Do you think the extreme leaf strip was responsible for results? I expected an okay result as best, but best bud to date. Buds were completely exposed to light during whole of flower. Current plants no such issues. Thicker and darker leaves, higher nutrient uptake, and no leaf/nute burn at all. Am considering doing an extreme leaf strip for final 3 weeks only, in view of previous plant. Anyone else do extreme leaf strips?

Ripen

Ripen

Plants that produce active substances often produce more when stressed.
Opium poppies, for example, produce more latex(morphine) when stressed with heat, drought, etc.

S

Service67

Thanks. I read lots of storys about people defoliating extremely and stressing plants. Thought people who deleafed completely were nuts, thought it was more of an ego thing.

I cant ignore what happened with my last plant, so will do a complete leaf strip for last 3 weeks of flower.

The plant was a fast buds pineapple express. Not an exceptionally high thc content, but buds were exceptional. Friends cut back on amounts used. Said it seemed to do what they wanted at different times. Okay for a day strain and work, blow their socks off if they wanted it to, and made them sleepy at night. 2 friends described exact same affects.

The other thing that happened was that there was little difference in potency between main buds and lowest ones.

Thing buds lacked was a strong smell/taste.

I would never have done such an extreme leaf strip, but they were completely crisped and dead by week 6/7. Plant was dying at 12 weeks when i harvested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom