UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ALL CRITICS WELCOMED

• Thread starter CurtisBlow916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

So .. unfortunately my grow was postponed just due to home improvement issues but I guess it wasn’t a total waste as I’ve got the time to do more research into nutrients and equipment and I’ve got a update on what I’ve got coming in.. if anybody has any comments, reviews, or suggestions on anything I’m all ears .. 💚

Update update update all critics welcomed
Update update update all critics welcomed 2
Update update update all critics welcomed 3
Update update update all critics welcomed 4
Update update update all critics welcomed 5
Update update update all critics welcomed 6
Update update update all critics welcomed 7
Update update update all critics welcomed 8
Update update update all critics welcomed 9
Update update update all critics welcomed 10
Update update update all critics welcomed 11
Update update update all critics welcomed 12
Update update update all critics welcomed 13
Update update update all critics welcomed 14
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Scheduled to get started late this month as I’m still doing research on seed banks, breeders and a good Photoperiod strain.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That's a lot of different potting soils and a lot of different nutrients. What's the plan? Light Warrior for seedlings > Happy Frog? Ocean Forest?

Don't complicate things. You don't need a zillion potting mixes. If you're planting seeds directly in soil, Light Warrior is a good start. Then, Ocean Forest would work for the rest of the grow. It will also provide all your nutes for the first few weeks. I haven't used the others, though I know many people use Happy Frog with good results.

I believe that fan and light are way underpowered for a tent of that size, but I haven't looked at the specs.

Have you ever grown anything before? You might want to practice on inexpensive/free seeds.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have that same tent with 2 Mars hydro t3000’s.. I agree with mysticepipedon you need more lighting! I also have a 3x3 which was my first tent and I would recommend starting with that.
I do dwc but also use the fox farm ocean potting soil to mess around with in between grows and I use it from seed to finish. I just keep the soil wet in a tote for a while so it’s not so hot and haven’t had an issue.
Hell every seed I’ve germinated has come up and haven’t lost a plant yet in dwc or soil!
Point being don’t complicate things like mysticpipedon said..
Also, that 6 inch inline fan is too small for that tent, I have the same one next time I use that tent I’m upgrading to 8 inch

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

That's a lot of different potting soils and a lot of different nutrients. What's the plan? Light Warrior for seedlings > Happy Frog? Ocean Forest?

Don't complicate things. You don't need a zillion potting mixes. If you're planting seeds directly in soil, Light Warrior is a good start. Then, Ocean Forest would work for the rest of the grow. It will also provide all your nutes for the first few weeks. I haven't used the others, though I know many people use Happy Frog with good results.

I believe that fan and light are way underpowered for a tent of that size, but I haven't looked at the specs.

Have you ever grown anything before? You might want to practice on inexpensive/free seeds.
I’ll post my soil mix.. I’ve done at least 500 hrs of research and with the information I’ve gotten, light warrior and happy frog are best for veg and seed .. ocean Forest is gotten hotter over the years so mixing is with a lighter soil is always a good practice for the beginning .. as for strawberry fields I’ve heard ito goes well with the flowering stage so I figured these mix ratios would do well

VEG

Happy frog or Light warrior - 70%
Ocean Forest - 20%
Perlite - 10%
Light great white

BLOOM

Happy frog - 20%
Ocean Forest - 20%
Strawberry - 50%
Perlite - 10%
Light great white

Also I’m running 4 total xs2000s 2 for each side.. but I have some bag seeds I plan on popping for my first run.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I have that same tent with 2 Mars hydro t3000’s.. I agree with mysticepipedon you need more lighting! I also have a 3x3 which was my first tent and I would recommend starting with that.
I do dwc but also use the fox farm ocean potting soil to mess around with in between grows and I use it from seed to finish. I just keep the soil wet in a tote for a while so it’s not so hot and haven’t had an issue.
Hell every seed I’ve germinated has come up and haven’t lost a plant yet in dwc or soil!
Point being don’t complicate things like mysticpipedon said..
Also, that 6 inch inline fan is too small for that tent, I have the same one next time I use that tent I’m upgrading to 8 inch
I was also planing on putting a ac unit on both sides of the tent to promote air exhaustion.. but if 6inch is just trash I’ll go with 8 inch

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Actually, FFOF doesn't seem to be as hot as it used to be, at least the stuff I'm getting.

Keep in mind that a lot of the information you are getting is from people trying to sell you something. In my opinion, there are way too many different nutrients listed and way too many different potting soils. Forget Miracle Grow and forget that generic pack of nutrients. I also think getting a separate potting soil for flowering is unneeded.

Learn the nutrients plants need, not the brand names of nutrient mixes some company tells you to buy.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Actually, FFOF doesn't seem to be as hot as it used to be, at least the stuff I'm getting.

Keep in mind that a lot of the information you are getting is from people trying to sell you something. In my opinion, there are way too many different nutrients listed and way too many different potting soils. Forget Miracle Grow and forget that generic pack of nutrients. I also think getting a separate potting soil for flowering is unneeded.

Learn the nutrients plants need, not the brand names of nutrient mixes some company tells you to buy.
Alright check it out.. Happy frog and light warrior have mycorrhizae and humic acids in the soil promoting root growth for seedlings and veging plants, FFOF recently changed from organic soil amendments to synthetics making there soil nutrients readily available for the plant making it better for later in the Veg stage and more likely to nute burn seedlings and in early Veg but mixing with happy frog or light warrior will most likely run out of soil nutrients at about transplant time .. NOW strawberry fields is a flowering soil so a mix with FFOF will promote plant growth as well as bud growth .. with the happy frog promoting healthy root growth.. I’ll be posting my nutrient schedule for more clarity on that.. I’m going with a alternating nutrient cycle.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've used the frog a lot with great results, and used the ocean and strawberry many times also. All good soil IMO. That said, I currently use coco.

For microbes, I would turn to foxfarms bushmaster microbrew, it's far better than anything you got listed up there IMHO.

Light, go to Spider Farmer, check out his SE versions. Dont' get quantums there not efficient config anymore. If nothing else get a spdr config, with (certified) samsung lm301 anything diodes.

Don't get the airpots, mine are chopped up and used for drain pads now, use cloth pots, and you don't need 5 gallons for inside, 1-3 gallons is plenty, and it's good to have different sizes.

That's sitting in a 1 gallon pot....

Nutes: go with masterblend (or something equivalent) and learn things correctly coming right out of the gate, we will help you along.

IMG 20210525 180441013
Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

You’re getting robbed with the Amazon prices. Looks like you live in a urban area and can find all the soils at $12-$15 for the 1.5/2cf bags. (Tons of grow stores sell the dirt at cost, so you’ll come in and blow a bunch of money on worthless nutrients.)

(Not sure where you’re getting your info but FFOF is an organic blend and doesn’t use synthetic nutes.)

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
You’re getting robbed with the Amazon prices. Looks like you live in a urban area and can find all the soils at $12-$15 for the 1.5/2cf bags. (Tons of grow stores sell the dirt at cost, so you’ll come in a blow a bunch of money on worthless nutrients.)
Soils cost extra shipping no doubt, that's why I do coco (among other benefits) If your looking for bulk shipping that's the way to go.
Like he say's, all that money you can save, heck, you could even subscribe, and still come out smelling like a rose. Or better yet, a dank reefer plant.

Some of the decision are going to be key components to your ultimate outcome, the lights, for instance, I think are #1 priority here. Spider-farmer's got packages of lights bundled with tents that are time tried and proven, right here on these forums. The real key is those LM301 diodes, they can make a huge difference. Especially when mated to high quality Osram 660's, UV A+B & IR.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

You’re getting robbed with the Amazon prices. Looks like you live in a urban area and can find all the soils at $12-$15 for the 1.5/2cf bags. (Tons of grow stores sell the dirt at cost, so you’ll come in a blow a bunch of money on worthless nutrients.)

(Not sure where you’re getting your info but FFOF is an organic blend and doesn’t use synthetic nutes.)
^^^^^^
+100
Bezos is rich enough

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We just changed over from 3 different soil products to just one. Roots Organic Lush. Good stuff.
It simplifies everything organic even more.

You still planning on doing 3 grows at once? Organic, Hydro and DWC?

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

You’re getting robbed with the Amazon prices. Looks like you live in a urban area and can find all the soils at $12-$15 for the 1.5/2cf bags. (Tons of grow stores sell the dirt at cost, so you’ll come in and blow a bunch of money on worthless nutrients.)

Definitely I just didn’t want to go to 30 different sites for these pictures.. my local hydro has all of the products I posted here.. but I’ve checked the label, ingredients and have been staying updated with FFOF and they recently changed there label and took off the word organic and after wondering why I asked my local hydro store and they said they reason is such but after doin my own reading I’ve come to confirm that.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

We just changed over from 3 different soil products to just one. Roots Organic Lush. Good stuff.
It simplifies everything organic even more.

You still planning on doing 3 grows at once? Organic, Hydro and DWC?
No I’ll go just with soil for this time and switch to coco when I run out of nutes and medium..

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Soils cost extra shipping no doubt, that's why I do coco (among other benefits) If your looking for bulk shipping that's the way to go.
Like he say's, all that money you can save, heck, you could even subscribe, and still come out smelling like a rose. Or better yet, a dank reefer plant.

Some of the decision are going to be key components to your ultimate outcome, the lights, for instance, I think are #1 priority here. Spider-farmer's got packages of lights bundled with tents that are time tried and proven, right here on these forums. The real key is those LM301 diodes, they can make a huge difference. Especially when mated to high quality Osram 660's, UV A+B & IR.
You don’t think 4 viper spectras will get the job done?

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

FEEDING SCHEDULE

1) Silica. 2) Bloom1 & Bloom2. 3) Cal mag. 4) myco,Epsom, sweetener, orca 5) PH balance 6) micro, blackstrap

Week 1 (nutrients)20 ml/gal Veg1 20 ml/gal Veg2 5 ml/gal sweetener Orca - 1.5 mL/gal Silica - 2.5 ml/gal Cal mag - 2.5 ml/gal
Week 2 (Supplements)15 ml/gal Veg1 15 ml/gal Veg2 5 ml/gal sweetener Blackstrap - .5 tbsp/gal Epsom - .5 tbsp/gal. Myco chum - 5 mL/gal Micro nutrients - 5 mL/gal
Week 3 (nutrients)40 ml/gal Veg1 40 ml/gal Veg2 15 ml/gal sweetener Orca - 2.5 mL/gal Silica - 5 mL/gal Cal mag - 5 mL/gal
Week 4 (Supplements)25 ml/gal Veg1 25 ml/gal Veg2 8 ml/gal sweetener Blackstrap - .5 tbsp/gal Epsom - .5 tbsp/gal Myco chum - 5 mL/gal Micro nutrients - 5 mL/gal
Week 5 (nutrients)60 ml/gal Veg1 60 ml/gal Veg2 20 ml/gal sweetener Orca - 3 mL/gal Silica - 5 mL/gal Cal mag - 5 mL/gal

BLOOM

Mixing order :

1) Silica. 2) Bloom1 & Bloom2. 3) Cal mag. 4) bud prod, myco, Epsom, sweetener, orca 5) PH balance 6) micro, blackstrap

Week 6 (nutrients)35 ml/gal Bloom1 35 ml/gal Bloom2 25 ml/gal sweetener 5 ml/gal bud candyOrca - 5 mL/gal Silica - 4 ml/gal. Cal mag - 5 ml/gal
Week 7 (Supplements)20 ml/gal Bloom1 20 ml/gal Bloom2 15 ml/gal sweetener 5 ml/gal big bud 5 ml/gal bud candyBlackstrap - 1 tbsp/gal Epsom - 1 tbsp/gal Myco chum - 10 mL/gal Micro nutrients - 5 mL/gal
Week 8 (nutrients)45 ml/gal Bloom1 45 ml/gal Bloom2 35 ml/gal sweetener ml/gal big bud ml/gal bud candyOrca - 5 mL/gal Silica - 4 ml/gal. Cal mag - 5 ml/gal
Week 9 (Supplements)25 ml/gal Bloom1 25 ml/gal Bloom2 20 ml/gal sweetener ml/gal big bud ml/gal bud candyBlackstrap - 1 tbsp/gal Epsom - 1 tbsp/gal Myco chum - 10 mL/gal Micro nutrients - 5 mL/gal
Week 10 (nutrients)50 ml/gal Bloom1 50 ml/gal Bloom2 50 ml/gal sweetener ml/gal big bud ml/gal bud candyOrca - 5 mL/gal Silica - 4 ml/gal. Cal mag - 5 ml/gal
Week 11 (Supplements)25 ml/gal Bloom1 25 ml/gal Bloom2 30 ml/gal sweetener ml/gal big bud ml/gal bud candyBlackstrap - .5 tbsp/gal Epsom - .5 tbsp/gal. Myco chum - 5 mL/gal Micro nutrients - 2.5 mL/gal
Week 12 (nutrients)45 ml/gal Bloom1 45 ml/gal Bloom2 60 ml/gal sweetener ml/gal big bud ml/gal bud candyOrca - 2.5 mL/gal Silica - 2 ml/gal. Cal mag - 2.5 ml/gal
Week 13 (Supplements) 1/2 everything 15 ml/gal Bloom1 15 ml/gal Bloom2 20 ml/gal sweetenerBlackstrap - .5 tbsp/gal Micro nutrients - .75 mL/gal
Week 14 (nutrients) 1/2 everything 7.5 ml/gal Bloom1 7.5 ml/gal Bloom2 10 ml/gal sweetener

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

easier to read if you turn your phone.. also when making this schedule I always keep this image in mind

31A0ACD9 F476 43E5 B917 E85630A8EAC5
Top Bottom