UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ALL CRITICS WELCOMED

• Thread starter CurtisBlow916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Remember the feeding schedules that come with the products are for full grown hungry plants. Cut it in half and adjust in small amounts from there.
You mean the base nutrients.. foop is organic and I GUESS it’s safe to use the recommended amount .. I’ve heard this not only from the company but also people who use it.. but the others like the bud enhancers I have heard that you really don’t want to use the recommended amount so I haven’t yet put any amounts for them.. but as for the others like myco, Epsom , silica etc .. I’ll have to look at the recommended amounts but I think I cut them in half or 3 qtr if the recommendations.. I’ve adapted the motto that I just want to keep the plants from deficiencies and let it do it’s thing for the most part..

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I've used the frog a lot with great results, and used the ocean and strawberry many times also. All good soil IMO. That said, I currently use coco.

For microbes, I would turn to foxfarms bushmaster microbrew, it's far better than anything you got listed up there IMHO.

Light, go to Spider Farmer, check out his SE versions. Dont' get quantums there not efficient config anymore. If nothing else get a spdr config, with (certified) samsung lm301 anything diodes.

Don't get the airpots, mine are chopped up and used for drain pads now, use cloth pots, and you don't need 5 gallons for inside, 1-3 gallons is plenty, and it's good to have different sizes.

That's sitting in a 1 gallon pot....

Nutes: go with masterblend (or something equivalent) and learn things correctly coming right out of the gate, we will help you along.
So I did som more research and my results came back with this

XS2000
Samsung LM301B Diodes
MeanWell Driver
Dimmable
504pcs LEDs
3000K warm white
5000K white
660nm deep red
730nm IR LEDs
1794 umol/m2/s at hanging height of 12 inches, tested in 2x4ft grow tent.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
So I did som more research and my results came back with this

XS2000
Samsung LM301B Diodes
MeanWell Driver
Dimmable
504pcs LEDs
3000K warm white
5000K white
660nm deep red
730nm IR LEDs
1794 umol/m2/s at hanging height of 12 inches, tested in 2x4ft grow tent.
Again, you far better off with a spider type light, with those diodes, not the quantum config. It's good, but it's not good as these types. VIPARSPECTRA I'm assuming is samsung certified, not for sure, but in all likelyhood, yes.

LIke this: Which is a little more powerful, and will penetrate the canopy far better.

Plus, your getting 2 lights, for nearly the same price. Each light is more power, and more efficient...
But I think that offer expires tomorrow....

SE3000 1 2
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Again, you far better off with a spider type light, with those diodes, not the quantum config. It's good, but it's not good as these types. VIPARSPECTRA I'm assuming is samsung certified, not for sure, but in all likelyhood, yes.

LIke this: Which is a little more powerful, and will penetrate the canopy far better.
Hands down... the funny part is they run the same diodes and drivers and boards pretty much. There is very little difference other than the potentiometer.

What's the difference SF has a build in limiter. If iremember it's 80%. Now if ya want those lights to last you will run them at 80%.

Just to point out if you run the xs2000 at 12" your gonna light maybe half that tent..

The sf 3000 is well worth the difference as you will be able to hang it higher which means way more even light spread and still get the intensity.

Imo you would be best served with a unit that has 2 boards. But for the cost difference hands down that sf3000. Is a FAR FAR better option.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Look at the stats on these lights... Notice the stats on your choice, it's telling.. 1794 umol/m2/s at hanging height of 12 inches. The SF light is very similar diodes (slightly better) but it's only half the umol/m2, but it cast a wider net... and it's throwing light at far more angles than the quantum does, which is all bunched together.... It's a waste, and was done to save cost on the build.

When I first came to these forums, I'd been working with LED's for years, and I suggested to him then, to make these kinds of lights (and he actually did), it took him a little bit, because he had to have the engineers reconfigure everything. But the way he constructed these lights, is the best method possible. These kinds of light are the future of LED's, and I won't be surprised, if these configs are used for decades to come.

Passive units not only run cooler, there far easier on the diode lifecycle, and if that quantum ever gets clogged up with dust or debris, and the intake fan on it goes dead, your going to fry those diodes, kaput! none of that's even possible on these units, it's all passive, and much more solidly built. ie. it's got far more aluminum heat-sync material.

same drivers
same diodes
better build
more power
and two units...

I have zero affiliation with SF. I don't care if you buy his lights or not, but they are the best option at the moment, No doubt in my mind about that whatsoever. I've seen the flowers grown under those things, and it's only getting better. It's not like there've been around all that long, he only had them created a few months back, I believe.

Edit: lol, they haven't even got them in the lineup yet. And there a major lighting company.

SF light is created in the image of this light. (-50 watts) There in the same ballpark.

Last edited:
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Hands down... the funny part is they run the same diodes and drivers and boards pretty much. There is very little difference other than the potentiometer.

What's the difference SF has a build in limiter. If iremember it's 80%. Now if ya want those lights to last you will run them at 80%.

Just to point out if you run the xs2000 at 12" your gonna light maybe half that tent..

The sf 3000 is well worth the difference as you will be able to hang it higher which means way more even light spread and still get the intensity.

Imo you would be best served with a unit that has 2 boards. But for the cost difference hands down that sf3000. Is a FAR FAR better option.
Ok cats out of the bag I’m getting everything off of Amazon because I’m getting it all half off long story short.. but as for the light I’ll be putting 2 in each side 4 total

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Look at the stats on these lights... Notice the stats on your choice, it's telling.. 1794 umol/m2/s at hanging height of 12 inches. The SF light is very similar diodes (slightly better) but it's only half the umol/m2, but it cast a wider net... and it's throwing light at far more angles than the quantum does, which is all bunched together.... It's a waste, and was done to save cost on the build.

When I first came to these forums, I'd been working with LED's for years, and I suggested to him then, to make these kinds of lights (and he actually did), it took him a little bit, because he had to have the engineers reconfigure everything. But the way he constructed these lights, is the best method possible. These kinds of light are the future of LED's, and I won't be surprised, if these configs are used for decades to come.

Passive units not only run cooler, there far easier on the diode lifecycle, and if that quantum ever gets clogged up with dust or debris, and the intake fan on it goes dead, your going to fry those diodes, kaput! none of that's even possible on these units, it's all passive, and much more solidly built. ie. it's got far more aluminum heat-sync material.

same drivers
same diodes
better build
more power
and two units...

I have zero affiliation with SF. I don't care if you buy his lights or not, but they are the best option at the moment, No doubt in my mind about that whatsoever. I've seen the flowers grown under those things, and it's only getting better. It's not like there've been around all that long, he only had them created a few months back, I believe.

Edit: lol, they haven't even got them in the lineup yet. And there a major lighting company.

SF light is created in the image of this light. (-50 watts) There in the same ballpark.
If I where to go with the SE5000 I would need 2 for the 4x8?

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

same drivers
same diodes
better build
more power
and two units...

Also I think I might have gotten really hung up on the meanwell driver and I’m not really picky on American or Japanese made either I guess

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Plus, your getting 2 lights, for nearly the same price. Each light is more power, and more efficient...
But I think that offer expires tomorrow....
Might wanna go back and take a look a that ad again ..😂😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The get one free part, check w your getting free ..

Im more leaning toward the SE5000 now as I was comparing the XS2000 to the SF2000 ..

Can anybody explain the recent bloom in different led dynamics .. seems like it went from blurples to cobs to qb on and on.. it’s crazy
Because red and blue are the most efficiently used by plants and now newer science has shown how important all spectr9are not just for photosynthesis but the morphology of the plants and production of various cannabinoids and terps. Basically science is improving on this area

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Because red and blue are the most efficiently used by plants and now newer science has shown how important all spectr9are not just for photosynthesis but the morphology of the plants and production of various cannabinoids and terps. Basically science is improving on this area
Thoughts on a couple cheap blurples for flowering stage 🤔 asking for a friend

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The get one free part, check w your getting free ..

Im more leaning toward the SE5000 now as I was comparing the XS2000 to the SF2000 ..

Can anybody explain the recent bloom in different led dynamics .. seems like it went from blurples to cobs to qb on and on.. it’s crazy

Edit, I'm back to the 3000's for the price, as long as you get 2 for 1, either way there both great lights.
I really do think overall the 3000's are best, because you can dial them in very close on top of the plant, plus, there spread out.

Last edited:
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Edit, I'm back to the 3000's for the price, as long as you get 2 for 1, either way there both great lights.
I really do think overall the 3000's are best, because you can dial them in very close on top of the plant, plus, there spread out.
The 2 for 1 is a free small ass led read the ad before you pull the trigger, the reason I’m leaning towards the 5000 is because 2 will great for a 4x8 but just I case I’ll probably get 1 fur now and the next run I’ll try another brand after doing more research.. thinking about chilled but don’t want to spend a million bucks to mess up like I would if I had a blurple..

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I kinda always think it’s not the equipment, it’s the grower .. so as long as I do w I’m supposed to I think I’ll be ok regardless of medium, lights or nutrients .. Hints why I’m doing so much research on w plants need at certain stages and different feeding techniques..

Latest posts

Top Bottom