UPDATES ON COLORADO MOUNTAIN GROW.

• Thread starter thirdeyemama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

And more rain. I was able to do a bit of photographing these darlings yesterday, before the cold rain set in. Prayers are being said for October 10... however the only pots that are too big to bring indoors or set on deck with comforters are the "honey durban" (mystery plant) and the Vortex. All others will have a bit more time. Here's the newest shots

Shootingstar1

Vortex

Honeydurban

PURPLEKUSH

Purplebud

BLUEHASH

Cannalopefull

Maui

love to all,
lizzie

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Lookin good Chickadee...that haze looks like it could go well into November to finish...tomato cages next year for sure, way easier to support those lovelies...I would get to stakin those branches before the weight snaps them, proppin floppies styley...I would stake that Haze and maybe that Honey Durban real good so you can take it in at night while it is finishin up...a small cold frame on the porch would work gook also

Are sure your at 9000ft? my house that was up the mountain from you by a good ways up from Pinewood and I was only 7200ft...I think you are closer to 5700-5800 ft where you are at...I grew plants up at 8500ft in Rollinsville and it was a pain in the ass, I was always outta breath...lol

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

You are correct sir. My hubby informed me that we are only 7100 (Pinewood is a stretch from here!) and the summer has been insane, hasn't it? The gods are flushing my plants right now, and it's time for me to start asking stupid questions about drying and curing. Last year, with three plants, we stuck them in paper bags, shook em up every day, and then put in glass jars. I did get a portable hanging dry rack with cover, as the dog hair and dust in this cabin is impossible to control. So they will be covered as they dry. Our air is so dry here that I'm not too concerned about mold, although i certainly will look for it.

I am worried about the cannolope — she was my fava last year and I'd really like to get a good harvest out of her. A few things were broken or bent enough to clip after the storms, and they are doing well in the bag, tupperware dark burp thing...

Thank you Kid, for checking in. I really appreciate it. I know the vortex, durbin, and shooting star are going to have to go when the frost comes, but yes: All the others have a place on the deck and in the house if needed.

((( NO DFWS* )))

*damn falling white stuff

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

#DFWS (damn falling white stuff) in forecast. Here's how they look today. Got a portable drying rack

for Vortex, Honey Durbin and perhaps Shooting star. The other pots and plants are small enough to bring in.

MAUI

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

Just did a bunch of trimming. (House smells lovely). CANNALOPE is well staked for moving. Much love for all the support. PS The mystery plant is kick-ass.

K

kolah

Bring'm inside tomorrow night but then you should be good for another week or so at least...22 degrees saturday morning with possible snow...not good for plants

DOH! I forgot they were in buckets... and yeah that's one great advantage of growing in buckets that ya can move around.

PuertoViejo

PuertoViejo

In the future, I would urge you to dry hang your plants in a dark room for a few days before trimming them up all the way, feel free to snip as many fan leaves off as possible. It really brings out the smell and flavors. I use the same sort of drying rack, works very well. I'm right about 9,000 ft in CO myself, weather has been a drag lately. Good luck though!

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

Thanks much for the suggestion, I have been doing that, and the fan leaves are a little too appreciated by the chickens.. especially the Peacock... we brought them in the other night and they launched a mass screech-in demanding to see at least one plant. LOL!

Honey Duran is the first to harvest and its been great to catch it 3 days or so in... I hate trimming dry. I know these are going to be some serious working days coming up, so I'm planning my harvest accordingly. Another week or so and I think we will have to cut them all. The purple kush and the cannalope are both going to be given as much time as possible.

How is everyone's harvest going???

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

Oh, that's "Honey Durban" and it's basically The Mystery Plant. Will get some close ups of the nugs.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I'm digging your thread. You have a very nice assortment there. They look like some quality outdoor. I LOVE that Maui. Very good yielder it seems, with those island looking fans. What's the scent of the beaut? Citrusy? Are you going to give a good flush before chop? I know the fox farm likes to sit around in soil pretty well. Are you using any cal mag when you water them? I think I saw a little deficiency. But seriously not much at all. Just the longer you take that haze the more it might need it. Is this your first run outdoors? I'm sorry if I missed that...
And my harvest is going very well! But could always be better ;) thanks for asking.

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

Yes, we had a great flood and I ferted one last time to the heavy feeders (Maui, Honey Durban) but since then, none. And since Ms. Sea Maiden, the angel that shows up at just the right time to help out with the right answers!, I quit using anything but the organic foxfarm and will be looking for new ideas next spring.

The Maui is lovely and I must admit that the scents are running together. I ask the hubby, non-toker, to help with the scent. It's strong and yes, a bit skunky and a bit citrus.

We had two OG Kush and one Cannalope in pots by July last year, and enjoyed them much. We brought them in and realized that once inside, they tend to remain inside. I have a much smaller pot for the Purple Kush that I can move myself in and out of the "pool house" but the Cannalope is a bit of a nightmare to move. Kid's got it right: Tomato cages next year.

Yes, I am total outdoor and pots -- no cloning from these babies as I had no way to keep them. The cabin is -- uhm- let's just say it was a great weekend cabin for a family 50 years ago. Not the easiest to keep clean and animal hair free.

The drying "rach" is cloaked in blackout curtain that is porous enough to allow ventilation. it's wonderfully set up, as we have cathedral ceilings in the main room so we will have it stacked soon. I am sure we will use all of it and I will be trimming until the carpel creeps in.... lol

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

OY I don't like to trim this much. Finally ordered a lighted magnifier, clip on. My mom had one for needlepoint. I am becoming my mother. (She would actually probably help if she were alive...)

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Gonna have to post some trim shots. Also a dry one too! ;)

Top Bottom