Upgrading airstones and need recommendations.

• Thread starter Bluebuddha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Venturi all the way. One less thing to get tangled in the roots. Ill never use anything other than Venturi's again.

Now I say the magnet pump due to it being overpowered. I run 3 4x4 flower rooms, each with one plant in a solo 30 gallon tote. This magnet pump provides enough air for all 3 plus my veg 30 gallon tote. Its expandable basically. A bit loud though.
As for that water pump it comes with the venturi fitting that you hook up the airline too, and a mesh filter for trapping loose roots.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Personally gave up on airstone due to having to clean or get rid of them, Venturi set up has kept my DO levels good even at high temps, also duel diaphragm pumps are great would recommend for anyone looking for a good pump
As I tell the wife when I wanna see her goodies. . LEMME SEE IT - aka your venturi plz

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

By far the best quality and best purchase so far. Thanks a million @Moe.Red its a damn whirlpool in there now. It's also super quiet.

IMG 20221001 141817
IMG 20221001 141744
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Beauty. Quiet and efficient, doesn't push heat into the res like cheap pumps.

I've got several running for over 3 years now and they still purr like day one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah you need 10-12lpm each for the 4x2 stones for then to work properly. So you match the pump to the airstones you use. Its all about surface agitation

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Which bulkheads are recommended? Going 3 inch and will glue in the PVC with shutoff valves. Also, is there a hydrodynamic bottleneck If I used an 18Gal reservoir to house the pump and push to 2 31Gal grow res's?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Which bulkheads are recommended? Going 3 inch and will glue in the PVC with shutoff valves. Also, is there a hydrodynamic bottleneck If I used an 18Gal reservoir to house the pump and push to 2 31Gal grow res's?
Depends on the pump size but 3” should be more than plenty to see no issues with that

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

For 3" bulk heads, you want Current Culture

If you have trouble getting them, I have some.

In terms of bottleneck, there will be none if your 3" return is level all the way. I have currently (2) 800GPH pushing into (2) 13Gal grow sites, res is 55 gal but only about 2/3 full. Total system water is just under 70 gals. It's the same res and equipment that I used previously for a 6 pot grow system, so it's oversized for 2. 400GPH would be plenty. I run 2 pumps just to have the fail safe, but one is plenty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom