upper neck spinal stenosis, getting headaches with high thc strains

• Thread starter moosowie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
moosowie

moosowie

Hello there everybody, I have a friend who I've been getting flower for, for about three or four years now. She suffer from upper neck spinal stenosis, and she gets some pretty bad migraines. I usually get her what I feel to have an average level of THC, and only a few times have I reach out and picked up some higher THC stains like those cookies and the last one was a chem dawg. Now with all the average THC strains she doesn't get headaches, but every time I bring her some hippie head stash strain like the cookies and chem she gets some pretty bad headaches in the same spot she gets her migraines like the lower part of the back of her head. I did a little looking on the web and couldn't find to much about cannabis causing headaches, in fact there is a mostly just claims about cannabis relieving headaches. I was wondering if anybody out there has heard of something like this, or if anybody knows of any info about Higher THC strains affecting spinal stenosis or just causing headaches, or anything kind of related

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

it dilates blood vessels and I could see how that would cause problems for that specific case
if the stenosis causes a narrowing then any blood vessel dilation could cause constriction

ru knuts

ru knuts

Is she using it in moderation? That may be her problem.

moosowie

moosowie

it dilates blood vessels and I could see how that would cause problems for that specific case
if the stenosis causes a narrowing then any blood vessel dilation could cause constriction
thank you so much for the input, so what your saying is that it may be possible that the stronger the weed the more dilated the blood vessels may get to cause the head ache?

moosowie

moosowie

Is she using it in moderation? That may be her problem.
she doesn't seem to be outta control with her use. she is probably going threw like a half ounce a week. She says that the headaches come pretty immediately after smoking, and then it will go away within a hour or two. then comes right back every time she lights up with the heady headies. And with the regular smoke there are np head aches

moosowie

moosowie

I have another question about CBD and it's connection with the hepatic immune system, I think I spelt it right but anyways. I knew somebody that was bipolar and I remember hearing them say that they couldn't have grapefruit juice because of the medications they were on. And I was looking into CBD products for them and I came across an article about CBD effecting the hepatic immune system and that CBD basically does the same grapefruit does. So I was wondering if CBD is not a good medicine if you are taking bipolar medications or medications that are advised not to consume grapefruit juice. I'm just independently researching these thing to gain knowledge to help others. Any links or info super much appreciated.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I cannot speak to CBD having the same effect as grapefruit, but that is an intriguing idea you have come up with; definitely something to look into. My recommendation would be to find your friend a high CBD/low THC and then a variety with a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio. If one of those works for her then you have a good starting point to go on. But the medicinal effects are not just due to the THC or CBD ratios, terpenes play a role as well as the other cannabinoids found within the plants. Sometimes it comes down to using, or avoiding specific varieties or terpene profiles. I personally avoid Trainwreck as I always get a severe headache after smoking it; there must be something in its terpene and cannabinoid profile that does not agree with my system. There are a few other varieties out there I avoid for the same reason, but it took me multiple tries and a lot of scenario testing that led me to these conclusions. We do not all have the same body chemistry and what works for one person may not work for the person next to them, so with cannabis, and really any medicine, we must take the time to learn what does and doesn't work for us and stick with the things that do work.

I know this may sound funny, but tell her to drink lots of water. Most of us run pretty dehydrated as we all tend to drink sodas, teas and anything but plain water throughout a day. Water is so vital to keeping our bodies in good working order, but it is so easily over-looked when trying to relieve what ails us. I think its somewhat ironic given that around here we are all gardeners and we aim to give our plants exactly the water and nutrients they need, yet we do not give our own bodies the same attention and respect; and yes I am guilty of this too.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Are you getting commercial dispensary product for her?
I've seen quite a bit of product in the shops here that was obviously harvested early....this can cause headaches...
I also find that strains with even 20 or 30% sativa in them are not useful to me for pain relief...
6 fused Verts and 16 knee surgeries, RA in all my joints...

moosowie

moosowie

I cannot speak to CBD having the same effect as grapefruit, but that is an intriguing idea you have come up with; definitely something to look into. My recommendation would be to find your friend a high CBD/low THC and then a variety with a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio. If one of those works for her then you have a good starting point to go on. But the medicinal effects are not just due to the THC or CBD ratios, terpenes play a role as well as the other cannabinoids found within the plants. Sometimes it comes down to using, or avoiding specific varieties or terpene profiles. I personally avoid Trainwreck as I always get a severe headache after smoking it; there must be something in its terpene and cannabinoid profile that does not agree with my system. There are a few other varieties out there I avoid for the same reason, but it took me multiple tries and a lot of scenario testing that led me to these conclusions. We do not all have the same body chemistry and what works for one person may not work for the person next to them, so with cannabis, and really any medicine, we must take the time to learn what does and doesn't work for us and stick with the things that do work.

I know this may sound funny, but tell her to drink lots of water. Most of us run pretty dehydrated as we all tend to drink sodas, teas and anything but plain water throughout a day. Water is so vital to keeping our bodies in good working order, but it is so easily over-looked when trying to relieve what ails us. I think its somewhat ironic given that around here we are all gardeners and we aim to give our plants exactly the water and nutrients they need, yet we do not give our own bodies the same attention and respect; and yes I am guilty of this too.
I mos deff agree about the water, we all should drink more of that good stuff. I never thought to looking into the terp and cannabinoid profiles, that might have a great deal to do with the headaches. Good looks, thank you much for the insight. I will fur sure be looking into that

moosowie

moosowie

Are you getting commercial dispensary product for her?
I've seen quite a bit of product in the shops here that was obviously harvested early....this can cause headaches...
I also find that strains with even 20 or 30% sativa in them are not useful to me for pain relief...
6 fused Verts and 16 knee surgeries, RA in all my joints...
I has not been dispensery product, I am sure the flower is ripe. It comes from a man who has been at it for quite some time now. His buds have never let me down, I mean they do bring me down but, you know what I mean eh

moosowie

moosowie

Top Bottom