Urgent help needed! Yellow leaves close to harvest

• Thread starter moshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moshi

Hi!

I have 2 MKU’s that are about 2 – 3 weeks from harvest and their leaves are turning yellow and falling off. I have looked under The Complete Guide to Sick Plants thread and the closest looking picture & description is of a nitrogen deficiency. The same problem has just started to affect my 3 OG Kush’s as well but not as severely.

Can anyone confirm this might be the case and the best course of action with them being so close to harvest? I am due to change the nutes out today or tomorrow so is it better to flush them out and give them a fresh batch of nutes for another week or because of the late stage put them just on plain water and into their flush cycle. I was hoping to keep them on nutes for this week as the OG Kush’s are about 1 week behind the MKU’s in their flowering stage.

My partner did give them extra Botanicare Hydroplex which is high in Phosphate and Sweet which is high in Magnesium and Sulfur so I am thinking this has upset their balance. All other Botanicare nutes were given in their correct amounts.

Some info about the grow so far:
1000 watt HPS bulb for flowering
Ebb and flow hydro system where they are getting 6 - 15 minute waterings per day
ppm is at 1400 (normally around 1000)
ph ranges between 5.8 - 6.0
Temps range between 73 at night to 78 - 80 in the day
Lights are on a 12 by 12 off flowering light cycle
Nutrients used were Technaflora nutrients that came with the Ebb and Flo hydro system and switched to Botanicare for flowering.
Growing from seeds
No insect activity
4 x 4 Silver Edition hut
Using tap water but upgrading to RO for the next grow
This is our first grow

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Moshi 002jpg
Moshi 003jpg
Moshi grow 004jpg
Moshi grow 005jpg
mace

mace

yellowing leaves are normal near the end of harvest. Look like your grow is going just fine to me, i would stick to your nutrient schedule. Flush is one week ahead for you, right?

S

SkyHi

I agree with Mace, your grow looks like it coming along nicely. Yellow is a sign they are using the last of there nutes as they finish up. Flush with plain ph'd water for at least a week before harvest.

M

Malachi

Looks good to me as well, I wish my plants yellowed like that in my last run, you are gonna have some good tasting smoke for sure.

M

moshi

yellowing leaves are normal near the end of harvest. Look like your grow is going just fine to me, i would stick to your nutrient schedule. Flush is one week ahead for you, right?

I agree with Mace, your grow looks like it coming along nicely. Yellow is a sign they are using the last of there nutes as they finish up. Flush with plain ph'd water for at least a week before harvest.

Thanks for the quick replies! You have both made me feel a lot better! :whew

I think they have about a week to go before being flushed. I am just checking their progress everyday. I made the mistake of leaving them in veg too long so its been a slow process :)

K

Kpezzy

where do you have the light? hanging from the very top of the tent? I am in the same tent with the same light, how many days did you veg? how many days did they stretch? thanks man looks great!

M

MASSES 420KING

i would say that your worrying over nothing it appeers that your girls are gonna finish to perfection stay on sched and harvest on time the girls look fantastic nothing for you to worry about and yo kpezzy whats good on the tent dawgy you almost ready to sell her to me or you gonna try another run with it pm me dawg let me know whats good b rotha

K

Kpezzy

i would say that your worrying over nothing it appeers that your girls are gonna finish to perfection stay on sched and harvest on time the girls look fantastic nothing for you to worry about and yo kpezzy whats good on the tent dawgy you almost ready to sell her to me or you gonna try another run with it pm me dawg let me know whats good b rotha

it's all you bro soon as I hit the finish line :mmm

E

elhef

Mellow Yellow :(

Hey all, been looking around the site, amazing, some of your plants look like forests.

Mine however is not, it started as a bit of a stoned joke, I poked a few seeds into a house plant in my room. low and behold, they actually germinated, after one male got removed, and another died. I has 2 plants left. They germinated late in the UK winter, not the best time. I wasn't intended to be a serious grower just see what happened.

After they started to grow and smell a little I moved the outside when the summer came round, they were planted too early and grew too long, despite not looking too happy they actually started to bud a bit (after the set back of the shock of being put outside)

However the weather took a sharp turn for the worse a week back and I forgot to bring them in! doh! To me, a complete amateur guess they had maybe 2-4 weeks left, they had small buds, and the pistels were starting to turn brown. But the pressure of budding and a few cold nights has done them some damage, pretty much all of the leaves apart from the ones around the buds have gone yellow, lots further away from the buds on the stem have fallen off totally. On some of the buds the pistels are maybe 15-20% browned, which is not ready for harvest obviously.

But should i harvest now? will it do damage to the bud and the final smoke? should I wait?

Help!

Got to go, people are at my door and want to go to the pub, any help would be greatly appriciated!

M

Mad Farmer 1620

Yep, I couldn't have said it better! Their anual lifecycle is coming to an end. Congrats!

H

HappyGrower

Hi Moshi,

You plants are looking just fine. It is 100% normal for the leaves on certian strains to turn yellow, and fall off towards the end of the grow cycle. It no longer needs them.

Take Care, HappyGrower :talking

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
agree with all , the girls are just comming to the end of their life cycle, enjoy !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I really hope Moshi got those girls harvested. Because this thread is from March.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
ejoying ur coffee maiden? i dont read dates i read titles......lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Enjoying my coffee--ABSOLUTELY. And it looks like you said you read titties. By braille, yes?

I need another cuppa.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
lmao dont we all? of to see mr coffee

Top Bottom