Urine is a great fertilizer

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

diluted piss is a great fertalizer and a great foliar, when it dries it completly evaporates also.......compost and piss and your soil will never go bad.........don't think i would ever use this method indoors though lol......take it easy

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've been doing some mild feeds using urine indoors. It doesn't smell. I just don't produce enough.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Looks like its piss for the win ohh and no i didnt say piss in the wind lol

K

kushtrees

Piss as foliar? Does that sound terrible to anyone else haha

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter

Human urine is superior to urea, a common nitrogen-rich mineral fertilizer, according to the results of a study carried out in a farmer’s field outside Nepal’s capital city.

Researchers who tested the effects of applying different combinations of urine, compost, and urea on sweet pepper, Capsicum annuum, found that urine synergizes best with compost. Urine for the study was sourced from mobile public toilets in the city and compost prepared from cattle manure.
Results of the study, published in Scientia Horticulturae, showed that urine-compost mixtures produced the tallest plants and bore the most fruit.

A “synergistic effect” was attributed to several factors including reduced nitrogen loss and enhanced availability of organic carbon in the soil. “Human urine could be a viable alternative to chemical fertilizers for sustained crop production,” the study suggests.

Blending urine with compost minimises the risk of salt accumulation, said Debendra Shrestha, lead author of the study and researcher at Tribhuvan University’s Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science.

In Nepal, where collection and use of farmyard manure is common, farmers apply urine directly to the soil. “We need to start moving towards the application of urine in combination with compost,” Shrestha told SciDev.Net.

Surendra Pradhan, post-doctoral fellow at the West Africa office of the International Water Management Institute, Ghana, has also tested combinations of urine with poultry manure and with human feces to address the problem of disposing of sanitary waste.

“Urine alone is not a long-term solution,” explained Pradhan, who has published several papers on urine as fertilizer. Urine lacks sufficient organic matter to sustain plant growth for more than a few years, but provides faster-releasing nutrients that complement slow-release nutrients from compost, which has a higher content of organic matter and beneficial microbes, she said.

Pradhan, who is currently developing a business model to make urine more competitive, said marketing urine and compost mixtures may be difficult because of cultural factors. “I hardly think compost and urine can compete with mineral fertilizer.”

Apart from farmers being reluctant to handle their own urine, commercially available mineral fertilizers often have the advantage of being subsidized by the government, Pradhan told SciDev.Net.

ttystikk

ttystikk

So all kidding aside, do I want to wee in my RDWC? It is running organic components, and I top drip the RDWC water through my coco net pots...

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Anybody using diluted piss? Laugh away if you must. Just curious really. I suppose if you were in a bad way you could use strictly pee to grow your plants. What do you all think? I am thinking of growing a piss plant for fun LOL :mmm

True Story. We drank alot of kava back in the day at my uncles house and we had this designated piss spot, where if you had to take a leak, you go there. But I remember we'd drink kava every night almost and one morning I was in the back area by where the piss spot is and I saw a baby kava plant growing in the spot where we would take a leak. Kava is just the root of the plant ,dried and ground up and strained with water and drank(gives a numb feeling,not drunk but not high). Not sure how a plant could grow from that but it still amazed me at whats in our piss.

ttystikk

ttystikk

If plants didn't recycle piss, imagine how much there would be by now. Oceans...

The more gardening I do, the more respect I have for how our forebears did it. They fed themselves, they fed each other and they fed US, all without ruining the soil. If we're all so technologically advanced, why don't we think soil preservation is a worthy goal?

datDANK

datDANK

I would like everyone here at the farm to stop pissing in their toilets.. imagine all the waste of water and money.. start a compost bin and piss in it.. piss on all your outdoor plants

also I heard if you have a cough that won't go away and its been months.. drink some of your own brew and it will go away quick

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would like everyone here at the farm to stop pissing in their toilets.. imagine all the waste of water and money.. start a compost bin and piss in it.. piss on all your outdoor plants

also I heard if you have a cough that won't go away and its been months.. drink some of your own brew and it will go away quick

A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in your cup of tea (yours, not the plants!) does the same thing- and it tastes better.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

So all kidding aside, do I want to wee in my RDWC? It is running organic components, and I top drip the RDWC water through my coco net pots...
depends on what you eat and drink on a regular basis :) artificial food coloring and all the preservatives fuck with your pee alot. i suggest people start testing their pee........taking it easy

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
you folks still talking about R. Kelly :bored: lol

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
If plants didn't recycle piss, imagine how much there would be by now. Oceans...

The more gardening I do, the more respect I have for how our forebears did it. They fed themselves, they fed each other and they fed US, all without ruining the soil. If we're all so technologically advanced, why don't we think soil preservation is a worthy goal?
Just no money in manufacturing and selling soil preservation. If you can't produce it in factories in china than it isn't profitable in their eyes....sad but true

Latest posts

Top Bottom