USA view on Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter ukbigbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTM

I use pure blend pro nutes but Ive been useing Hammerhead p/k booster and it rocks,I believe they took hammerhead off the market.Im down to my last few feeds so Ill find something else a little more organic based

aeroman

aeroman

But over $200 just for the (entry level) Hobbyiest Bundle kit which doesn't even include the 2 or 3 part base nutes?!

I can find it for less than half that online. You might want to shop around more.

Besides, there's four bottles in the Hobbyist Bundle and you're paying the price of three. I wouldn't complain about that.

AN quite openly started making nutrients for orchids which to my knowledge was what they started with.

I'm pretty sure they started with cannabis. Big Mike is a grower from WAY back. What I've read suggests he was the one who made the nutrients to start with, back when they were just selling to friends and local growers.

who cares how they market? i like kfc and mcdonalds sometimes cos it tastes good it does the job. im no AN freak but they do a great job, the plants look good, if you donnt like the prices dont buy them.

I hate McDonalds, but I agree with what you're saying here. There's a local burger chain here I won't mention because it's only in my town, but they have these HORRIBLE commercials. I farking HATE those commercials. They make me want to track down the owner of the chain and stab him repeatedly with a plastic spork. (Not that I would, just illustrating how annoying the commercials are.) But the burgers are awesome.

Now am I gonna deny myself a good burger because some moron thinks he makes a great commercial? No. I'm gonna eat the burger. And then I'm gonna leave a comment card EVERY DAMN TIME telling them I hate their damn commercials.

D

Darkstar

I'm using the Ph perfect 3 part with supps and its doing well
pH comes out to 6.1 everytime without fail.
If I had to pick one AN product I wouldn't grow without it would be Big Bud powder

Peace

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I think AN is right there with Foxfarm, Botanicare, GH, H&G, And Canna. Used all of them and they all grew weed just fine. Its all personal preference IMO. Some work better then others on the calmg side of things. Some have better veg nutes. Some have better flower nutes. I run botanicare in veg and GH in flower. Seems to work for me. I dont care if AN has 30 sups cause I dont buy them. I do like that AN gave me 2.5 lbs of the big bud powder for FREE! Its lasted almost 2 to 3 years now.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I just got my order from discount advanced nutrients .com and is awesome I'll never buy from a hydro stor again with my order I got a free liter of voodoo juice a free 130 gram bag of big bud a free 50 gram bag of piranha and instead of the liter of b52 I ordered I got a gallon witch was so bad ass so in all I got $250 worth of free products and I saved 250 on ordering from them plus free shipping I ordered all gallons of Connie a&b ,bud candy ,liquid carboload ,b52 ,nirvana ,bud factor X ,mother earth super tea grow and bloom, and a 300 gram thing of bud blood and all the free shit and got it for a bad ass price I love advanced I Dnt use all AN products because ibthink some of their products are priced to much and there's other products just as good and much much cheaper like rhino skin silica blast is just as good from Botanicare and I Dnt use there powder bennies I use great white and Myco madness I Dnt use their calmag I use magical and I Dnt use their sensizyme I use Hygrozyme it's better imop but I use most advanced and it's worth every dollor plus there base is really concentrated like I Dnt use Connie over 8ml per gallon so it lasts a while and ukbigbud is rite your retarded if you Dnt buy atleast gallons .

U

ukbigbud

prodigy your deal sounds amazing and im glad u agree on the bottles being great when bought bigger. i would love to try conni in the dwc i want to use but im gona try and keep it simple and not use that many products, only cos i was told if i use h202 it will kill conni????? look at my thread in nutrients amd ferts!! but in my opinoin if ur environment is right an guarantees results!!!!

G

geoduck

I like to bash AN's pseudo-science marketing BS, as i despise snake oils;
however, i also give credit where credit is due.

AN's pH/ppm-perfect technology is a newbie's dream. there's so much pH buffers in their product, i wouldn't need to touch pH ups and downs even using some really alkaline tap water.

another plus in their base nutrients lines, is the inclusion of chelating agents like humic and fulvic acid. I feel a lot safer to give them out to newbies who tend to overfert.

as newbie-friendly as their products are, AN additives are way overpriced. moreover, their base nutes deprives you the ability to manually adjust pH levels to 'dial in' nute application.

there are better and cheaper products, but if you don't have the time to dial in a particular strain, or you try to avoid all the headaches with fairly consistent results, AN is not a bad choice for you

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Helped me. And the boycott continues.........
I second that "word ta big bird"....what about the new PURE ESSENTIALS "Black Label" that won "best new synthetic fertilizer" at the 13th Annual
S.T.A.S.H. awards? Any opinions or input?

I

indoorherbs

I can't believe people still base their decision of which nutes to buy off the ingredients list on the bottle.

As if it actually gave some kind of clue about what was in the bottle... ridiculous.

The number of things that can be in the bottle that they're NOT allowed to put on the label, and the number of different ways to measure what is on the label and get completely different numbers make the label little more than a rough estimate.

The label is like the mpg sticker on a new car. It's a nice idea, and it gives you some clues as to what you can expect, but it's by NO MEANS a number you can take to the bank.

click80

click80

I can't believe people still base their decision of which nutes to buy off the ingredients list on the bottle.

As if it actually gave some kind of clue about what was in the bottle... ridiculous.

The number of things that can be in the bottle that they're NOT allowed to put on the label, and the number of different ways to measure what is on the label and get completely different numbers make the label little more than a rough estimate.

The label is like the mpg sticker on a new car. It's a nice idea, and it gives you some clues as to what you can expect, but it's by NO MEANS a number you can take to the bank.

How true, they are the ones taking it to the bank...haha..

sorry couldn't resist that one....

bloads

bloads

Yep, nowadays they're just straight lying (<--link) in order to get it on the shelves.

aeroman

aeroman

They have to lie. The regulators actually refuse to let them tell the truth.

It's absolutely stupid. Under the guise of claiming to be protecting the consumer they basically tell the fertilizer companies "We don't care what's actually in it. This is what we say is in it, we don't recognize any other ingredients, so if you want to sell it in our state your label has to look like this..."

Though the H&G thing does look especially sketchy. Who knows.

I

ibTheMan

F the Bottle These AN products are proven great, Connie, bud ignitor, big bud, Super Tea, Nirvana thats all you need from them to have the best tasten , big yieldn dank, Proven!

j wizzle

j wizzle

i think the real problem is people think they need to buy every product in the line, thats when it becomes really expensive.

funny bashing the GH line, when its been used to grow dank for decades. its salty for sure, but still a good line with everything you need to grow good buds, even without boosters.

its basically your application of the nutes and your environment is 100 times more important than what brand of nutes you use.

i was using kool bloom, then i switched to hammerhead/MOAB. i liked the results so i continue to use it....who knows though, i have another 2-3 crops under my belt, so maybe im just becoming a better grower.

the only REAL way to test which one is better is to run a side by side, same strain in the same room, same veg, etc.

also, not sure about the ph proof line...if its always at 6.1, then arent some of nutrients not being used efficiently? i like to have a little swing so everything has a chance to get taken up by the plants.

if you arent buying at least gallon bottles, you need to rethink what youre doing. its like 1/3-1/2 of the rate if you buy in bulk on some of these products.

T

T1420

I believe there is nutes that change form and bind to others, therefore the need for so many seperate "Additives" as that is where they work best..... So being a soil grower I believe that after the fish/kelp/bat/earthworm casting/crab meal soil all I must do is add some micros and dark energy/super nova SNG in veg, in flower the Bat poo base is where I go, Usually after 6-7 weeks of veg all the nutes inside soil are used up, so I have no lockouts, then if you got yer game on AN will help you achieve what they claim, but strong organics compiled with microbes, mychorrizah, n tricoderma will AMPLIFY anything you do. Ive grown some of the dankest weed in the world with little more than Maxi crop fish poo, and FoxFarm BigBloom, 3.5 gpw actually, but had a LP boiler pumpin CO2.

M

Moon Dog

Everything is relative

Have used a number of lines ( AN, GH, FF Botanicare) and the truth is if you know what you are doing, understand your strain genetics etc you can make magic happen with any nutrient line ( assuming it is a reasonably complete line). I personally like AN and have seen VERY good results in coco running the the bigger yields kit as is with a few minor alterations to the schedule. 2# per is normal.

To save money on AN, I like the guys at cheap advanced nutrients dot com because they have buy 3 get one free any size. You can plan for your whole run, buy once and get what you need. I never run the whole line because Advanced uses some of the core products like wet betty and rhino skin as ingredients in their specialty additives. I know for a fact that bud candy has carbo load as one of it's components so I use carbo load instead so I can better control how much sugars the girls get without adding anything else to throw off the mix.

That said one of my buddys just pulled 2+ per and it tested nearly 25% using H&G and some other shit that he won't tell me. So who knows, maybe I will switch it up again. Like I said everything is relative...

B

Buddy Hemphill

fuck the world.

I just pulled almost 2p/1k with sensi and connie.

Plenty of stuff you can sub for additives to save money.

They are the only ones you can call and talk to about WEED. That is cool.

Now ..tell me ONE company that doesn't want to be on top. Or make money.

AN is the winner.

If their nutes suck...why are they still in business?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

fuck the world.

I just pulled almost 2p/1k with sensi and connie.

Plenty of stuff you can sub for additives to save money.

They are the only ones you can call and talk to about WEED. That is cool.

Now ..tell me ONE company that doesn't want to be on top. Or make money.

AN is the winner.

If their nutes suck...why are they still in business?

ROFL....common response from someone who just wasted a shit load of money on AN products and THEN found out they were full of doo doo.....

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

How much does the full line up cost compare too the others?I spend about 200 for the FoxFarm lineup for soil growing and get allmost a years worth out of it!

Top Bottom