USA view on Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter ukbigbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brncow

Some of my friends are pro growers and use AN exclusively. Just use 1/4 of what the feeding chart says and work up to 1/2. AN is not really for amateurs but if an amateur starts low and divides the charts by 4 in the beginning and 1/2 at the end, they will make it work. Overfeeding is the main problem. When you divide the costs by 4 or 2, they are not so overpriced...and the results are consistant...

N

nightfun

What i've noticed if you do not use their entire line you could have a problem.

I tried it and switched over to fox farm. I'm getting bigger buds with fox farm and saving a TON of money! To me it seems like a lot of hype around their products. I cannot justify spending the crazy amount of money AN wants for their nutes

N

nightfun

How much does the full line up cost compare too the others?I spend about 200 for the FoxFarm lineup for soil growing and get allmost a years worth out of it!

a few years ago a friend of mine purchased the entire line to try it out. I spent a little over $1300. He did a test of AN and fox farm. The fox farm plants gave him more weight.

The thing he hated about AN was the price and the crazy amount of different nutes he had to use for each feeding.

click80

click80

honest try

if you go back in this thread you will see i was not a fan of an...because the local store doesnt stock much i decided to try advanced out...just harvested and trimmed...yes you can cut feeding by 1/2...yes it reduces price...but only if you just do the basics...gmb plus voodoo, b52, big bud and overdrive....i do not like the airy buds it gave me...plus i switched from b52 to thrive, and i should have switched to awesome blossums from overdrive.

for the same price im going back to technaflora....their awesome blossums gave much better results...

i have pics in my gallery from this gfow...the plants grew fantastic..very vigorous, and voodoo kept it clean...i just feel that i can do better by using the technaflora line with great white, which is cheaper than voodoo with more in it and lasts way longer, rapid start, and adding my own cheaper choice of p-k booster... i got airy buds for the first time with my deathstar and i know its from a weak p-k profile when using their base nutes...which they suggested whe i called about their screwd up feeding charts.

but....for a beginner, yeah advanced would work fine if they would warn the beginners that they have the wrong feeding charts online and warn them to start off at 1/4 to 1/2 strength.

and...yes you can talk to them about weed...but, im wondering how many beginners would think to call and find out that the shit burns plants at the recommended feeding rates...prob after they burn their shit...i called as soon as i noticed the ppm/ec discrepancy...they really should improve their labeling.

I

ImporteXBUILT

I like some AN products, but I do also think it is overpriced and overhyped. I just use the products that work for me and tend to stay away from their advertising and amazing claims lol.

darkpink

darkpink

ff vs. hg vs. an

I've been using fox farm, h&g for awhile now with great results. I bought the sensi bloom a and b few months back and finally got around to using it on my last grow as a test between advanced, house and garden, and foxfarm bases only per manufactures instructions.

Sensi blooms ran me $12 each bottle a and b $22 total.
House and garden $13 each a and b $26 total.
Fox farm big bloom $16, tiger bloom $20, and grow big $20, total $56.

I chose three clones out of 45, same strain, proportions and size. flowered from clone to 54 days.

Results blew my mind!

Fox farm yielded 14.6 grams
House and garden yielded 15.8 grams
Advanced yielded 24.2 grams

These three plants were in the same tent, under the same light and conditions side by side!

I use sog technique flowered from clone with all my grows and this yield increase changed my whole perspective about this company. I now use sensi bloom a and b bases with my previous feeding programs and its just amazing to see such a differance with just a base change.

Another very noticable differance right off was the canopy. every single plant is the same height and width with bud sites popping sooner. I always had straglers here and there falling behind when using ff and hg creating an uneven canopy top at times, irratating. a even Canopy top means a world of differance in a sog grow.

As far as dried bud quality goes they all looked equally similar in appearance. I gave several samples of each to my friends and they can't tell any notable differance.

as far as there other products I'm not sure. I did purchase a bottle of bud candy and am using it on my current grow. looking forward to seeing the final results.

Aside from substantial yield increases. Fox farm cost me more money and i think are a pain in the ass to mix. each of the three bottles is a different ml per gallon ratio and I still resorted to theyre chart for referance at times and it changes through the flowering. Advanced was staight up 16ml per gallon through out. Can't forget that.

Simply there's always gonna be negatie pesamistic peoples saying this and that about anything and everything, advanced or not. I was skeptic and had to test there hype myself and see it for my own eyes, you guys should do the same. I have pics of the test plants if anyone needs pm me about it and ill post em.

Next I will try this cutting edge bases against advanced. Always keeping an open mind.

Peace

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Easily dooable 2 per.

Not sure what that means but ok.

There are so many brands that out perform and cost way less than AN products I do not know why one would even bother with AN products anymore these days. The more a grower learns about plant nutrition, the less you will see of AN products.

Dynagro and House & Garden and Heavy16 to name a few. We have tested nutrients since 2005 and AN always shows up at or near the bottom of the list as far as testing goes.

They use things like UREA for a nitrogen source in the base formula which is the cheapest known form of nitrogen (mammal piss) and then claim to use ONLY THE BEST materials in there formula's and then charge twice as much!

The thing that really gets me is the product called Voodoo Juice. How on earth they justify the cost of this product and sell it with a straight face is beyond me!

All there products are tied to some sort of "gimmick" for lack of a better word and it is really sickening to anyone who is educated in plant biology and horticulture which is why no professional will ever use this product. Once you reach a mid-level area of knowledge about plant nutrition you begin to look at AN products under a new light (no pun intended), a very almost "funny" new light and it makes the cartoon characters they use on there product labels have so very much more meaning......ROFL!!!!

I cant say I will be sad to see them go either as the way they conduct business and advertise is just as sickening, it is like children run the business or something. I just do not get it.

Cheers!

darkpink

darkpink

i agree. with all there other shit that cost $600 gal thats fuckin nuts, never in a million years i would. theres no way i would get better rusults with my strains using that crap. im just speaking for the base. i was shocked. weather its piss for nitrogen or not it workes. i didnt get that with house and garden or fox farm. obviously this test of mine would have to be repeted over and over several times.

i just bought the $25 bud candy quart for shits and giggles, normally i use molasses at $5 a quart and its wonderfull. what can i expect to see with this BC stuff?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Well, I think the saying goes that a good experienced grower can make damn near anything produce the real deal with some good genetics. So if you did well with the base nutrients, you must know what your doing..:)

I am betting your environment is on target as well and much detail goes into it, just a guess.

But for the record, the UREA is "ok" for a nitrogen source (it is organic after all), provided you have a strong group of bennies around to break it down so it is available to the plants.

Some grow with a sterile environment in which case a formula with UREA for nitrogen will leave you a bit short IMO.

click80

click80

Not sure what that means but ok.

There are so many brands that out perform and cost way less than AN products I do not know why one would even bother with AN products anymore these days. The more a grower learns about plant nutrition, the less you will see of AN products.

Dynagro and House & Garden and Heavy16 to name a few. We have tested nutrients since 2005 and AN always shows up at or near the bottom of the list as far as testing goes.

They use things like UREA for a nitrogen source in the base formula which is the cheapest known form of nitrogen (mammal piss) and then claim to use ONLY THE BEST materials in there formula's and then charge twice as much!

The thing that really gets me is the product called Voodoo Juice. How on earth they justify the cost of this product and sell it with a straight face is beyond me!

All there products are tied to some sort of "gimmick" for lack of a better word and it is really sickening to anyone who is educated in plant biology and horticulture which is why no professional will ever use this product. Once you reach a mid-level area of knowledge about plant nutrition you begin to look at AN products under a new light (no pun intended), a very almost "funny" new light and it makes the cartoon characters they use on there product labels have so very much more meaning......ROFL!!!!

I cant say I will be sad to see them go either as the way they conduct business and advertise is just as sickening, it is like children run the business or something. I just do not get it.

Cheers!

yo...I am glad you brought up the Urea thing (plus I didn't want to sound like a hater)....i have not had time to research it too much but I was wondering if the Urea could have caused the airyness of my buds...I have had this strain a long time..over three years now i think...but one thing about it is that with or without CO2, 600s or 1000s, even when the clones were not that great, I have always had Rockhard buds. I was very surprised when I started trimming and I noticed who loosely stacked the calyxes were compared to....well every other time I have grown this strain..very strange..

I still did great...so I am not hating...and I am kinda curious...why didn't you like the Voodoo? Is it the price...that I will agree with...but I was able to get pretty good roots going with just the Voodoo...I usually use Subculture M or Great White with Rapid Start....this time i tried just the Voodoo and I got pretty nice fat hairy roots out the bottom of the rockwool...but for the price Great White or Subculture used with an alfalfa tea or with Rapid Start is the better way to go...imo.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Yes, Voodoo Juice is a rip off because of the price. You can get BETTER more concentrated biology in almost ANY other product on the market for half the cost. OrganismXL, is just one of many as you named a few as well that you have used in the past.

The UREA topic is of some controversy depending on who you ask I guess. I know that UREA is the cheapest form of nitrogen on the planet (mammal urine). I also know lots of growers who refuse to use it or any nutrient line that uses it in there formula's for a nitrogen source.

I can also tell you that when we tested nutrients that contained UREA against nutrients that did not use UREA, the formula that did not contain UREA produced much healthier and bigger plants, every time.

All I can rally say is that from 8 plus years of testing nutrients extensively in RDWC systems is that using mineral based formula's work the best. You will not find UREA in a good "complete" quality mineral based formula like DynaGro Bloom for example.

We also found running a "partial sterile" system did the best also out of everything we tested. What that means is that since it is impossible to be completely sterile, you kill off the bacteria about once to twice a month during flushes and tank changes.

One of the most common problems in RDWC systems is either the lack of biology, or to much biology which leads to root rot and all sorts of other problems.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Another problem of sorts when dealing with a formula containing UREA is that often at times they do not tell you how much of a certain ingredient is used. Usually you will get a "Derived From" summary which does not tell you enough.

In a perfect world the product label would tell you EXACTLY what is in the bottle, how much is in the bottle, and what sources were used to get them into the bottle, no secrets.

In reality, it depends on what state in the USA that the product will be sold in which then determines what gets put on the label and what does not. The consumer does not stand a chance really under these conditions IMHO.

M

Motherhugger

Dude, I love AN. It's as close to perfect for growing MMJ as you can get.

I use the Expert Growing bundle:

Sensi A&B Grow and Bloom
Voodoo Juice
Big Bud
B-52
Overdrive
Nirvana
Bud Candy
Final Phase

Like some other dude said - consistent results are what matters. And if you're not spending all of your time fixing things because your nutes are wonky, you're saving money IMHO

I mean, I get it that for some, they want be as cheap as possible when growing, but I don't know if that's a plan for success. It sounds like it's good for your bank account, but not for your weed.

(And really, when you're cutting corners on your nutes, who knows where else you're cutting corners?_

click80

click80

you know it's great if AN works for ya...but that doesn't mean that those of us that were not satisfied, or that just don't care to try it, are dumb shits and don't know squat about nutes....

and if you think that AN is the only company out there with a balanced/affordable nute regimen....well, that kind of thinking speaks for itself...

B

Buddy Hemphill

ROFL....common response from someone who just wasted a shit load of money on AN products and THEN found out they were full of doo doo.....

Huh?

How do you figure I wasted money pulling almost 2 lbs per 1k bulb in soil ?

If 'they' is AN...I never said they were full of doo doo. I didn't mean to imply that. What I was trying to say is that AN works for me.

My money was well spent... and will be spent with AN again.

I have a set of babies on deck and plan on doing my first grow log to show what I am talking about.

I am glad you are happy with your results. Thats what its all about!

B

Bluenote

(And really, when you're cutting corners on your nutes, who knows where else you're cutting corners?_

Kind of a broadbrush assumption you're making there isn't it? Unless of course you wish to admit that not everyone who chooses NOT to run A.N. is " cutting corners on your nutes" that is.

U

ukbigbud

Hey, have you seen big mike on YouTube talking about big bud for coco. If you look u can't really use big bud in coco well the version thats out at the min....

:dance

Top Bottom