USApotluvr1s first grow here!!

• Thread starter USApotluvr1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USApotluvr1

A little update...

Good morning farmers. No pics yet, as it is day 13 since 12/12. Everything looks good today, with the typical pre-flowering stretch on all plants. The LA CON is starting to catch up. In my small tent, the Blueberry is fine, and I have 1 LA CON waiting to pop it's seed casing in a rapid rooter that will be in the waterfarm.
My next grow I am going to do 1 DNA Connie Chung in the waterfarm, 2 Sagarmatha Double Diesel Ryders and 2 Barney's Crimea Blues. It is tough to tend to the ladies in the tent with the NYCD taking over...I guess we could call that mother nature doing her thing! Next grow I will strive to keep an even canopy. potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Finally bloom pics!

Good mornin' fellow growers/stoners. This is officially my 1st week of flower (I begin counting when the buds start to show).
Some changes-Heat wave hit 2 weeks ago, and in my stoned moron mode, I accidently bumped my fan speed controller down to medium speed, and when I got back to check on my girls, it was 85 F in there. I lost 1 Widow and in my small tent, I lost the Blueberry and LA CON seedling. All lessons well learned. So any the 4 survivors didn't show stress much at all (a couple pics show some heat stress where the girls bumped into the lights, that was 3 weeks ago, so I am watching for herms just in case!).
My first pic is the White Widow, second is the NYCD, third is the LA CON, fourth is the Blue Moonshine, and the 5th pic is my small tent where I am waiting for 3 Autofem Oils (Lowryder x Chemdog/Kush), to pop their heads up.
I am running the digital 600 HPS, the magnetic 400 HPS, 2-125 watt Cfls, 1-85 watt Cfl, and 6-26 watt UVb Cfls that come on from 10 am to 4 pm. Temps max out at 76-77 at the peak of the day with humidity at 35%-50%.

My next grow I will go with all waterfarms, and I am going to go with 2 Barney's Crimea Blues, 2 DNA Connie Chungs, and my last LA CON. I ordered 5 Sagarmatha Auto Double Diesels, and 5 Sagarmatha Auto Smurfberrys (I will go with 3 Smurfberrys in my small tent's next grow). I changed the waterfarm to a larger version that has a 4 gallon res, so we'll see how we do for space with this run of autos!!
I will have a nice harvest for my b-day in July (if things go alright!). Thanks again to the grow gods out there who have been teaching all they know to former noobs like me! potluvr

DSCF0019
DSCF0020
DSCF0021
DSCF0022
DSCF0023
S

sirshamus

Sucks about the heat wave, feel your pain there, brother. Everything looking good, be watching these girls grow, keep up the growing.

U

USApotluvr1

Hey sirshamus!

You got that right about the heat, bro'..thanks for stoppin' in.
I have an air-cooled hood that I have the 400 in(its the400 that cooked the tops of the Blue Moonshine. I was trying to get light to my LA CON, so I had it a bit too low with the heat coming off of that 400), but I wasn't going to hook it up to my exhaust because when I did my test run in there, the temps were fine. With the heat coming on soon, I am going to hook it up to the exhaust. But I am going to wait until this grow is over, and then do it, as it is crowded in there and I don't want to stress the ladies out!! That will be around mid-July or so. But today is perfect for mj growin'! And I turned my speed controller down to about medium speed, and my temps are 71.8 degrees. potluvr

P

punkadc

very nice, potluvr! you should be stocked with quality smoke real soon here.... i just had some bluemoonshine, man i love that stuff.. the taste, the high, its all there!

U

USApotluvr1

Hey punk!

Thanks for the kind words, bro'! I have never smoked it, but have read many smoke reports and all were positive, and thanks for your input punk. I will grow Barney's Crimea Blue next grow (which is Ukrainian Hashplant x Blueberry) and like BM, all the reports I have read are really good. And I am growing out 2 DNA Connie Chung and 1 DNA LA CON, in my next grow, also. In my little tent I will do 3 Sagarmatha Smurfberry (lowryder x blueberry). I love trying new strains.
Have you decided what you are going to run on your next grow? potluvr

P

punkadc

very nice that Crimea Blue sounds badass... i have a weak spot for the 'blue' family.... just tastes so damn good...lol

i havent really figured out exactly what i want to do next run... so many ideas....so little room...:)

U

USApotluvr1

Ain't that the truth, about all the strains, punk!

I def like having a few different strains to choose from which helps keep my tolerance down. Love that freshly baked feeling..that I seem to lose when I smoke too much of 1 strain. potlv

U

USApotluvr1

Sup ripz?

You never have to worry about that happening, huh ripz!
So many to smoke, I am sure you get a few that are your "go to" strains when you want really plastered!

U

USApotluvr1

Thanks, skyhi!

Thanks for checkin' out my grow journal, they are just starting to bloom, so the fun part is coming. potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Farmers, come out and play!

Hey just an update-
I took down the LA CON she was not doing well with the shorter veg time so now I am down to 1-Widow,1-NYCD and 1-Blue Moonshine. BIG lesson learned was to make sure I start all my plants the same time, and I need to make sure I stick to smaller growing strains (def not NYCD which is potzilla).
So, here is my plan for my next grow-5 waterfarms, 2 will be growing Barney's Crimea Blue which get around 70cm, 2 Barney's Nightshade which get to 60cm, and 1 LA CON which is also a smaller sized plant.

I hooked up the 400 HPS w/air-cooled hood to the exhaust w/thermoflo ducting as summer is getting close.

Small tent update-
I had germed 3 Autofem Oils, but they never popped after they germed. Luckily, my Sagarmatha Auto Double Diesels came, so I put it in paper towel on my seedling mat, 18 hrs. later it was ready to go into a rapid rooter, and is under 2 85 watt cfls.
Also, I will be doing a side-by-side comparison grow with the 2 Crimea Blues: 1 will be grown in a waterfarm with no mods and fed 24/7, while the other will be grown in a waterfarm modified by boring more and larger holes to improve drainage, and I will use Sunleaves Piece Coir as my medium, and will feed 15 mins. in time with lights on! Thanks to Texas Kid for that tip!! I am excited about trying this as I find that the waterfarms are like steroids to mj (that is one of the reasons why my NYCD is overgrowin' my tent, it was the only plant in a waterfarm. I hoped I could top 'em, and LST 'em, but the truth is my tent is in a closet, so I don't have access to all the areas I need to get around.). So this time I am going with all waterfarms, and shorter growing strains. I probably could do 2 waterfarms w/NYCD in there and still have space to tend my girls! Sorry for the long ass post but details, details, details!!! potluvr

P

punkadc

haha wheres the pix pix pix??
just playin bro....feels good too get some problems solved, huh?

U

USApotluvr1

Yes that's the truth punk!

I learn more and more every grow, and not havin' space to get around is a bitch (that is how I end up bumping things like my speed control when I am trying to wedge mysel in and out of that damn tent!).
A few pics, the first is the Widow, 2nd is the NYCD, 3rd is Blue Moonshine, 4th is group pic of the survivors.potluvr

DSCF0028
DSCF0029
DSCF0030
DSCF0032
P

punkadc

haha i was only kiddin, but thanks for feeding my photo addiction;)

S

sirshamus

looking good, USA. you got a shit ton of light running in there, I like it.

U

USApotluvr1

Thanks sirshamus!

Yes, I do have a couple of watts in there! I hooked up my air-cooled 400 HPS to the exhaust, which brought temps down to 70.8 at max temps (along with the 400 I have the digi 600, 2-125 watt cfls, 2-85 watt cfls, and the 6-26 watt UVb cfls). I had to put in a large oscillating fan in to blow on the tops of the plants. Before I put the fan yesterday, I had the 600 raised as high as I could, but the tops of the Widow and NYCD were getting fried! Now they are coming back. This is my first run with this tent and the 600 watt, so I am dialing it in as I go. My next grow will be all shorter strains in 5 waterfarms that will allow me more room to move in the tent. I never will start some plants 2-3 weeks before the others, like I did with the NYCD and the Widows, and especially when they grow taller than the Blue Moonshine and LA CON. I thought I could train them, but in my closet my access is limited so as they grew out, I had no where to go in there!!! So, I am hoping to get a descent harvest with the remaining 3 girls, and the next grow will be better (I hope). potluvr

S

sirshamus

sounds like a plan. tents are a little restrictive, i take each one of my girls to the bathtub and feed em. the exception is the one sdog, she had to stay where she is until harvest, afraid buds will start snappin, lol.

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Since this my first run in this tent, I have made many mistakes that I hopefully won't repeat.
The NYCD is choking out the lights in both sides of my tent, so the Blue Moonshine and White Widow will not yield much at all. I know the NYCD will though, it is a friggin' beast!!

I am making a couple strain changes for my next run, since my auto smurfberrys are sold out, I am going to run 2 Mdanzig Blueberrys which are medium sized so I won't have to deal with a grow I have no control over. And I will run 2 Barney's Nightshades and then 1 LA CON. All will be in waterfarms, and I will be doing a side-by-side comparison grow with the Blueberrys (one in coco coir and modified waterfarm, the other regular waterfarm w/hydroton!). potluvr

I lost about 12" in height with my inline fan/carbon filter, which has caused me to fry the tops of all the girls during this grow, so I am crossing my fingers no hermies show. That is why I opted for the shorter strains for my next run.
And my 1 waterfarm with the NYCD has amazing root development compared to the other 4 plant set up, which accentuates the height issues even more! I could kick myself, but I should know better than to expect perfection for the first grow in a new tent, with new hydro set ups. Sorry for ranting, but I LOVE WATERFARMS!

U

USApotluvr1

I am terminating this grow, will start a new thread today!

Hey farmers, I have stressed my girls so badly the past couple of weeks, that I decided to take 'em all down, and start fresh. I have no more height space with my carbon filter in there, and I fried the tops badly. Sounds like herms waitin' to happen, so down they will go.
Next grow is 2 Barney's Night Shades (a pure indica that tops out at 50 cm), 1-LA Con( another shorty), and 2 Mdanzig Blueberrys (also a smaller size strain). Lessons were learned and I will utilize them this grow. potluvr

Top Bottom