thc4sim

be rocking with 2 x 600 in there!!!,
look forward to seeing your results!

you got your new lights yet??

U

USApotluvr1

Hey thcism!

Good morning,

Just 1 600 watt bro, and it isn't here yet. I got my email from the seller that it was shipped yesterday, from Cali to east coast.

The 400 I am using sucks in comparison, and there isn't much light getting to my babies except for the NYCD which I had to LST again this am (I don't like to mess with them in flower, but this is just day 4 so I hope they will not herm on me!).

Pics 1 & 2 are the Widows, pic 3 the Blue Moonshine, pic 4 is LA Con. The Mooshine and smaller Widow are not getting any top lighting at all due to me having an uneven canopy with the NYCD in the waterfarm (mistake, as waterfarm is taller than the others.). So after I get off of here, I will raise the CFLs so the 2 runts in the back will get some more top light.

I was thinking...I was going to keep 2 85 watt cfls and 1 125 watt cfl in there when I put the 600 back up, but I am thinking about leaving the 400 in there and getting rid of the cfls altogether. I am worried abut blowing a fuse in my apartment, as I am an electric moron! I think I will be okay, as I don't have any other apppliances hooked up to that outlet. And the other grow tent is set up on another outlet to. I have my pumps, fans and my speed controller hooked into that line (I use 2 150 watt HPS and some cfls for side lighting in the smaller tent).

Well farmers that is all 4 now! USApotluvr1

DSCF0006
DSCF0007
DSCF0008
DSCF0009
S

sirshamus

You could throw your other plants under boxes or milk crates to make an even canopy. This is what I do to keep things fairly even.

U

USApotluvr1

Hey sirshamus!

First off thanks for your input on my grow, you have some amazing grows I have been following!! My other set up is a 4 plant drip set up, but it has leaked on me when I start moving things around. So I wish I could do that, as it is an excellent idea. My next grow I will put 1 LA Con in my waterfarm, and then run 2 Red Diesel and 2 Crimea Blue in the 4 plant set up (the RD and CB grow to around 70-80 cm.). When I ordered my 4 plant set up, I had a smaller tent, so I went with the 4 plant instead of the 6, which would've fit perfectly. So I put a waterfarm in there and decided to try an experiment with growing a NYCD this grow and a Red Diesel in the next. Just to do a comparison of the two. But the waterfarm is like steroids for mj and they get beefy, baby! So I am out of luck in my comparison of RD and NYCD. But I am going to go with my 600 digital when it gets here, and use the 400 too. Right now I have the 400, 3-125 watt cfls and 2-85 watt cfls (clutter!) and my temps are 70.5 and humidity is 34%. I have my fan speed controller on 7/10, so I can crank it up if needed, but it is cool here still, so I should be okay.
Thanks for chimin' in bro. USApotluvr1

U

USApotluvr1

Thanks punk!

I have never had 1,000 watts of HID, so this should be a nice harvest...I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch though. So, I will stay calm and just wait it out to see the final product.

I will check your thread out today, bro. potluvr.

U

USApotluvr1

Back at ya punk!

I forgot to stop in yesterday...like the song says "cause I got high!! Happy 420 to all the farmers! potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Hey everybody! I was going to post pics, but I haven't gotten my 600 dig ballast delivered yet, so my tent is still in chaos mode, with cfls hanging everywhere along with the 400 watt (I hate the clutter in there). I ordered 7-26 watt UVb Repti Glo cfls that I am going to run in both my tents when in flower (6 hrs on during mid day). I am curious to see the effects on my girls. I could do a comparison grow after this, with the same strains and eliminate the UVbs the next grow, but I know that I won't want to change if this harvest is super sticky icky pot.
My plan when the ballast arrives is to put it over the 2 Widows and NYCD and move the 400 over the Blue Moonshine and LA Con. They look like they need that intense top penetration from the 600. I will take down all cfls and add 5 UVbs in there on a seperate timer.
Well, I am hoping tomorrow is the day I get my friggin' ballast (I ordered it on ebay on the 12th and it was delivered from Cali on the 15th). See ya', potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Good morning sports fans!

Hey potheads!! I hope I get my damn ballast today...I know I sound like a crybaby!! But the tent is fiiling fast and the plants are on "hold mode" until I get 600 more watts in there. I ordered 6 DNA fem Connie Chungs last night, so my next grow in the large tent will be 2 Barney's Crimea Blues, 2 DNA CCs, and 1 Barney's Nightshade (the Nightshade will be perfect for the waterfarm as it tops out at 50 cm).
In my smaller tent I have 1 Mdanzig Blueberry in its that got its first mild growth feeding yesterday, and I am germing 1 LA CON for the other waterfarm in the tent. It is almost lights on time, so I will check on the plants then. More later, and hopefully pics too!! poptluvr

U

USApotluvr1

A couple pics!

Just took a couple of pics, so you can see the growth so far, all 5 plants are showing preflowers, and will get their 2nd dose of DM Reverse tomorrow. The other pic is the Blueberry. potluvr

DSCF0011
DSCF0012
U

USApotluvr1

Good morning farmers!

I got my ballast yesterday, and have the 600 in there with the 400. I foliar fed their last dose of DM Reverse today. I am going to give them their 2nd full bloom nutes today, too (I am upping the Koolbloom and Flora Nectar, also). I put 2-26 watt UVb cfls in there on a timer so they will come on at 10 am. and off at 4 pm. I will add 4 more as they arrive in the mail. All looks good so far!
Just a couple pics, the first is a group shot of my 5 girlies in the large tent before lights on. And the 2nd pic is another shot of the Blueberry in the small tent, which will be joined by 1 LA CON, which is germing. potluvr

DSCF0015
DSCF0016
P

punkadc

hell ya bro youre stylin now...which ballast did you get? sorry if i already asked this....:bong-hits:

U

USApotluvr1

Hey punkadc!

This is an HTG Digital Greenhouse that a dude on ebay was selling, and I got two 600 watt bulbs (HPS and MH) with it all for $155. I hate waiting for shit you need, and with HTG screwing you 2 times already, I would've thought they would send it next day air or something.
I am on east coast so they ship really fast to me. But two weeks wait for a faulty product...that is poor customer service and not worth saving $100 in the long run. I am shocked that they didn't take care of you. With forums like THCfarmer, the growers have an easier way of finding out who is reliable out there (that is how I found out about HTG on another forum.), and who isn't. For me the super fast turnaround between ordering and delivery was a big factor. But since you are in Cali, there are many others you could choose from, bro. potluvr

P

punkadc

ya i know.. i usually dont like to buy online at all, i would rather go to a store and talk to a real person.... but like you said, i have only heard good things about htgsupply...now i am really disappointed in their service, and im just trying to get this all resolved without being a dick.. then i will take my business elsewhere........

anyway... how is your ballast running? that is the exact same one i am having all my problems with..... hopefully yours is cool, and hopefully my next one will be, too...

*fingers crossed*

U

USApotluvr1

Hey you punk!

Yes, not being a dick is hard but you don't want to antagonize them (customer service is a bitch!!). You are playing it smart, bro', by keeping your cool...I have no problems so far with the digital ballasts..the thing that sold me is that they are light weight, wayyyy cooler than a magnetic ballast, and quieter,too. I think like you said that ordering online is a crapshoot...because the ballasts and bulbs are very sensitive and seem easy to damage (I think that goes for any brands out there, if you have them shipped, the longer the trip the greater the risk for damage.).
When I got my ballast on ebay, I held my breath when I opened it up, as I thought I heard that typical "this shit is broken" sound, but luck was with me and both bulbs and ballast were perfect. Ordering is like rollin' the dice!! I did get a bad bulb from them, and when I had to send the bulb back, it seemed very obvious that it was a grow bulb (on the claim form for UPS I had to write the worth of the item, and the packaging said "Fragile" on it, so any moron can figure out that $80.00 is an expensive non-household bulb.). I am glad I treat all delivery people very nicely, but I hate waving any RED FLAGS!
Props to you for keepin' your head on...I know after the last ballast, I would've snapped and just made it worse. potluvr

P

punkadc

ya believe me bro, i was this close...><

haha... but negativity gets us no where.....

like that chappelles show....
"dont know what to do..... i say F_CK IT!"......:D:D:D

U

USApotluvr1

How true.

Negativity breeds negativity, you got that right. That Dave Chapelle is a funny mofo, huh?! I saw in your thread that you are close to discount hydro, so that would be the safest option for you. potluvr

P

punkadc

ya no mo htg for me...
lesson learned...
onward and upward..:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom