Use Nanners To Make Fem Seeds?

• Thread starter 3N1GM4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I had a stressed unknown strain of indica that started popping out nanners about four weeks into flowering. I had a power failure and had also just gotten a new 1200watt led light and may have had it too close, and on top of that a bit of nitrogen toxicity. I didn't want to scrap the whole thing that far in so I kept a close eye on it and plucked them off as they appeared. I did a pretty good job because only a few buds were filled with seeds and most of them had zero seeds. I researched on how to sex a seed by looking at it and from what I can tell all of the seeds are female.
My question is, since I saved all of the nanners, can I use them to pollinate a few buds on my next grow to make feminized hybrid seeds from a different strain since the nanners contain female pollen?

Wildill

Wildill

I had a stressed unknown strain of indica that started popping out nanners about four weeks into flowering. I had a power failure and had also just gotten a new 1200watt led light and may have had it too close, and on top of that a bit of nitrogen toxicity. I didn't want to scrap the whole thing that far in so I kept a close eye on it and plucked them off as they appeared. I did a pretty good job because only a few buds were filled with seeds and most of them had zero seeds. I researched on how to sex a seed by looking at it and from what I can tell all of the seeds are female.
My question is, since I saved all of the nanners, can I use them to pollinate a few buds on my next grow to make feminized hybrid seeds from a different strain since the nanners contain female pollen?
Yes you can that's how feminized seeds are made. You can take two cuts and stress one until it herms use the pollen off the stressed plant to pollinate the other cut you will get 90% fem seeds

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

all your gonna get is more nanners in the next runs of all the plants you get. I had a bull shit strain (see sig) spew its crap on a GG#4, and seeded the glue. ive popped 16 beans so far and every fucking one has hermied in week 2-3 in flower.

fem seeds are produced with colloidal silver, not from hermie pollen from nanners.

Calixylon

Calixylon

It could all depend on the strain, if the plant that threw nanners was enviromentally stressed and then turned hermi, the pollen shouldnt result in hermi prone seeds. As long as the initial genetic hermi, dosent do that naturally under 12/12 cycle those seeds shouldnt be questionable, at least thats what i thought.

Enviromental stressors shouldnt change the genetic makeup of a strain. But hopefully a breeder will chime in, but i thought this was how we got all our chem strains, "supposedly"

Toaster79

Toaster79

all your gonna get is more nanners in the next runs of all the plants you get. I had a bull shit strain (see sig) spew its crap on a GG#4, and seeded the glue. ive popped 16 beans so far and every fucking one has hermied in week 2-3 in flower.

fem seeds are produced with colloidal silver, not from hermie pollen from nanners.

If you treat a fem plat with colloidal silver you are forcing that plant to HERM!!! And stop talking bullshit. Fem seeds are nothing but seess harvested from a stable genetics plant pushed over the edge. Same thing as intentionally stressing a plant that wouldn't herm in normal condition.

If you got some shitty genetics grown in shitty conditions, don't blame blame it all on the breeder.

I mean there are some seeds out that are too fucking expensive and are still gonna herm on you no matter what you're gonna do. But you need to understand that EVERY fucking cannabis plant is prone to herm on its own at the end of its life cycle just to preserve its existance.

So people stop mixing apples and oranges and PLEASE do some reading.

Ive been growing bagseeds from outdoor that never showed any signs of herm traits although conditions weren't perfect.

Just my .02

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ok tough guy, you know it all. my environment is dialed in perfect, minus a shitty run of crappy genetics. shit cant possibly happen to 2 different growers states away that popped the same freaking strain 2 days apart and had nanners and balls withing days of each other.

SO before you go galloping all over this thread on your high and mighty horse, you might wanna take a stepo back and rethink your posts.

Wildill

Wildill

If you treat a fem plat with colloidal silver you are forcing that plant to HERM!!! And stop talking bullshit. Fem seeds are nothing but seess harvested from a stable genetics plant pushed over the edge. Same thing as intentionally stressing a plant that wouldn't herm in normal condition.

If you got some shitty genetics grown in shitty conditions, don't blame blame it all on the breeder.

I mean there are some seeds out that are too fucking expensive and are still gonna herm on you no matter what you're gonna do. But you need to understand that EVERY fucking cannabis plant is prone to herm on its own at the end of its life cycle just to preserve its existance.

So people stop mixing apples and oranges and PLEASE do some reading.

Ive been growing bagseeds from outdoor that never showed any signs of herm traits although conditions weren't perfect.

Just my .02

I agree if the genetics are stable and Forced to herm the seeds will be good.

C

crocodile og

Natural herms produce more natural herms.

Forced herms (fems) produce normal plants under regular conditions. All to do with hormonal balances.

Certain chromosomes and the genes containing the plants dna control the floral hormones that are responsible for the signalling of the formation of pistillate and staminate flowers among these include Auxins, Cytokinins and for the purpose of this discussion most importantly Gibberellins.

The timing of and ratios of the hormones present are what influence and ultimately signal the undifferentiated cells to become either male (staminate) or female (pistillate) flowers.

It is possible to alter the ratios of the different hormones using outside sources.

In the case of causing a staminate plant to produce pistillate flowers ethylene enhancers such as Ethaphon lower the ratios of Gibberellins in comparison to the other floral hormones. Once the source of ethylene is discontinued the plant reverts to producing higher amounts of Gibberellins and thus continues to produce staminate flowers.

In the case of causing a pistillate plant to produce staminate flowers the reverse holds true. Silver Thiosulfate (STS), colloidal silver(CS) or the straight application of Gibberellic Acid (GA3) increases the ratio in favour of Gibberellins and signals the undifferentiated cells to produce staminate flower parts. When the source of GA3 is reduced in favour of Auxins etc. the plant cells continue to produce pistillate flowers.

There is simply no genetic modification, alteration or interference involved.

Interestingly resin production relies on gibberellins and the use of products like superbud/phosphoload/bushmaster etc (paclobutrazol) to block gibberellin to reduce stretch also result in lowered potency and fewer trichomes. This also can explain the propensity for many strains to throw nanners late in flower as gibberellins accumulate and throw out the hormonal balance of the previous flowering stages.

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I have a 2nd gen clone from the plant that cloned that I have been using as a mother, my clones keep dying, probably due to overspraying (which I am trying to stop doing) or due to room temps? (70f) Don't know, anyways, if this last set of clippings doesn't survive then I am just going to grow the mother. If the clones survive or if I flower the mother either way I will find out if it was genetics or my own stupid fault. This was my first grow which I forgot to mention. I had never read the first thing about it when I sprouted the seed that was given to me by a friend. Even he had no idea where the seed came from. I started the seed in miracle grow potting soil so it had nute burn from the start. The one clone that survived (now the new mother) doesn't have nute burn because I have been researching like crazy and have fixed my ph problem. Now my temp is the only problem, I cant figure out how to get my temp above 70f in my tent without making the rest of my house uncomfortable. I know that I can do it with vent fan speed but I'm nervous about changing it because of the smell.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

My general purpose of starting this thread is because I searched and searched for a thread about nanner pollen, now I know that the nanners in the bag I saved could make me some 90% fem seeds when I get another good strain to cross it with. It was some pretty amazing indica, lemony with a hint of Afghan kind of taste. If the mother or last set of clippings hermies then I will just chuck the nanners I saved and stress out the sour diesel seeds that I hope to be getting soon and make my own fem seeds from some known good genetics.

C

crocodile og

If you want to make fem seeds easy research tiresias mist. It's a ready to use colloidal silver spray. Don't try to stress your plants when you have better options available. You'll just reduce yield and possibly quality.

DrFever

DrFever

First off i would not use any pollen from a hermie plant like some post above mentioned ,, Any of the off spring will have the hermie gene
I never understood the money making scam with fem seeds , all they have done is take half the plants DNA and cut it in half ..
since the introduction of fem seeds what have we really seen but more hermies , nanners and fucked up grows cause of it ..
Fem seeds are for beginners period who couldn't tell the difference from a male or female plant ..
As far as i am concerned if a person cannot veg a plant for 4 5 weeks from seed pick there females cull there males
They shouldn't be growing in the first place
see the problem is everyone and there dog has become a breeder with 0 common sense they will cross a plant with anything these days and why ??? cause of the money and thinking there going to breed the next GG4 or something like that
And with this organic craze going on do you all know fem seeds are not natural when using a chem to force it ????
There fore Fem seeds cannot be used in a licensed organic garden ..
And when a person uses a natural hermied plant he runs chance of same issues all over
IMO i say stay clear away from FEM SEEDS its a abomination to marijuana industry

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Exactly what I was thinking, seeds can be looked at from the top and a trained eye can tell if they are females before they are even sprouted. I think I will just get reg non fem seeds and hope I get a female in the shipment.

lino

lino

Holy SHIT!

it has to do with genes,,,,, you are playing with fire..... I was trying to give GG#4 a compliment on another thread while back and guys got mad at me a took me completely wrong, that happen often with my comments....

studys show there are differences and Lots of champs (smoke) are gay, queer, hermy and also transgender? You'd think that is one in the same, but its not,, the plant can be queer as a 3 dollar bill and ya wont know it until the transgender chooses to reveal herself.

There is some very intense research currently on MeGI gene that exist in cannabis .... You need to understand zygosity or you going to have a bad garden and you'll have created Dominate Transgenders, this accident is never good and Ive said it once all say it again, this is interCrossXbreeding and something always goes wrong, nature will straighten that shit out.

But pls when I talk of this breeding practice pls dont take that as an insult, as anyone with a background in plant breeding knows that this form of gene manipulation/modification (GMOs) is a common way to produce champions or ruin gardens. In cannabis these champs are made without any knowlegde in breeding 99.9% of the time and like wise transgenders will and can be created with breeding practices you describe.

A true breeder knows his gear before he slings pollen. Without the complexity of science , in other words is your plant gay she is going to throw balls,,, is she a transgender ( might throw balls) ,,, or are your females only breeding with other plants -straight.... Then there is dom and recessive so you'll need to understand this or you make lots of hermies dom or recessive and take a 1 in a 1000 chance of making anything worth while.... and COULD spread lots more transgenders as they'll happen at least at 75% using your technique.

I often wonder if it is good that we smoke so much GMO, drink lots of GMO, now lots of gay kids.... makes me question things.... I'm telling ya .. you wait and see what research finds in the MeGI gene,,, this gene is being found in everything we fucked with in hermy breeding,,,, how did it get in humans,,, thats the word on the grape vine,, anyway the MeGI gene you guys are throwing in your cannabis -main mission Thus far is a feminizing gene,,, currently on OGI identifier is used to suppress the MeGI,,, well see what happens,,, I'm waiting for the Incredible Hulk Male.... He's going to be a specimen. I wonder what something like the GG#4 would breed like after the MeGI was suppressed and howd it smoke there after?.....

soserthc1

soserthc1

Holy SHIT!

it has to do with genes,,,,, you are playing with fire..... I was trying to give GG#4 a compliment on another thread while back and guys got mad at me a took me completely wrong, that happen often with my comments....

studys show there are differences and Lots of champs (smoke) are gay, queer, hermy and also transgender? You'd think that is one in the same, but its not,, the plant can be queer as a 3 dollar bill and ya wont know it until the transgender chooses to reveal herself.

There is some very intense research currently on MeGI gene that exist in cannabis .... You need to understand zygosity or you going to have a bad garden and you'll have created Dominate Transgenders, this accident is never good and Ive said it once all say it again, this is interCrossXbreeding and something always goes wrong, nature will straighten that shit out.

But pls when I talk of this breeding practice pls dont take that as an insult, as anyone with a background in plant breeding knows that this form of gene manipulation/modification (GMOs) is a common way to produce champions or ruin gardens. In cannabis these champs are made without any knowlegde in breeding 99.9% of the time and like wise transgenders will and can be created with breeding practices you describe.

A true breeder knows his gear before he slings pollen. Without the complexity of science , in other words is your plant gay she is going to throw balls,,, is she a transgender ( might throw balls) ,,, or are your females only breeding with other plants -straight.... Then there is dom and recessive so you'll need to understand this or you make lots of hermies dom or recessive and take a 1 in a 1000 chance of making anything worth while.... and COULD spread lots more transgenders as they'll happen at least at 75% using your technique.

I often wonder if it is good that we smoke so much GMO, drink lots of GMO, now lots of gay kids.... makes me question things.... I'm telling ya .. you wait and see what research finds in the MeGI gene,,, this gene is being found in everything we fucked with in hermy breeding,,,, how did it get in humans,,, thats the word on the grape vine,, anyway the MeGI gene you guys are throwing in your cannabis -main mission Thus far is a feminizing gene,,, currently on OGI identifier is used to suppress the MeGI,,, well see what happens,,, I'm waiting for the Incredible Hulk Male.... He's going to be a specimen. I wonder what something like the GG#4 would breed like after the MeGI was suppressed and howd it smoke there after?.....

The first paragraph is classic lino .....lol

lino

lino

Post 1 " I did some research to be able to tell if a seed is female "

What o_O
a seed chipper can test approx 1000 0r 10,000 seeds (cannabis shape and size) / hr.... cant remember have to look at notes...

ID 1000's of currently identified genes. yes F and Males are also seperated into theier own rows . All the databased in table persay , genes marked ... during chipping, of course seeds are still viable after chipping

Top Bottom