used dirt + new dirt = claws. how to fix?

• Thread starter shaganja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

the title says it all. i had no cash to buy new soil, so mixed some old living soil, with some new. smokin tomatoes brand out of michigan. two of my plants have nute wilt, claw leafs, on two branches of the mainline. wierd both p!ants are affected the same. it is only happening on couple stalks, of 8. how do i remedy this?

az2000

az2000

the title says it all. i had no cash to buy new soil, so mixed some old living soil, with some new. smokin tomatoes brand out of michigan. two of my plants have nute wilt, claw leafs, on two branches of the mainline. wierd both p!ants are affected the same. it is only happening on couple stalks, of 8. how do i remedy this?

Photos would help.

Do you have any info about the "smokin tomatoes" soil? I can't find anything with google. Does it have a NPK value, like "0.30-0.20-0.30?" It might matter if it's slow-release nutrients.

Was the old/used living soil exhausted? Did you grow a plant in that, and do anything like "boosting" in the end? Would it have any left over fertilizer like that? I think a living soil, if used for an entire grow, and you didn't add anything during that grow, wouldn't burn. If anything, you'd have nutrient deficiency.

If that's true, I think it all depends on the tomato soil you used, what's in it. If it's hot, it seems the depleted/old living soil would dilute it. (If you mixed 50/50). If the tomato soil has not much in it, maybe the plants are hungry? (Or, maybe the living soil is hot if you were feeding the last plant that was in it?).

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what i would do is get the ole trusty cheap NPK kit out and test the soil,see if problem lies there,if all are adequate on to the ph test,if all turned out well i would asume i had soil born bugs eating the roots,not likely though,the living soil isnt what i would be concerned with ,the new tomato soil i would,more than likely it loaded with urea and the clawing is from that,did you do a 1:1 mix of the 2?thats what i would have done and also added kiddie playground wood chips for air,so 1:1:1 of the three,if you have any humic-fulvic on hand it will help the soil get right

shaganja

shaganja

The brand is called smokin' tomatoes. It is an offshoot of a company called dairy doo. The soil is a composted mostly from cow, but they throw in some other stuff. I used the veg last season on some way sativa leaning lemon skunk. They died before they got to flower. U.p. life. I didn't have enough new veg to use, and broke as always, so mixed half and half old used stuff, and new stuff. I am repotting soon so problem should get solved then I hope. Did not use nutes last season.

shaganja

shaganja

The brand is called smokin' tomatoes. It is an offshoot of a company called dairy doo. The soil is a composted mostly from cow, but they throw in some other stuff. I used the veg last season on some way sativa leaning lemon skunk. They died before they got to flower. U.p. life. I didn't have enough new veg to use, and broke as always, so mixed half and half old used stuff, and new stuff. I am repotting soon so problem should get solved then I hope. Did not use nutes last season.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Did you follow the directions for the 3 different stages with different soil.

Lol. They have 4 soils needed to avoid the one bottle of nutes i use.

Legal weed products are getting more and more silly.

az2000

az2000

I don't see any perlite in it. I've never tried to grow in a heavy/dense/rich soil like that. But, every indication I've had is that cannabis likes perlite. Lots of perlite. Can't use too much perlite.

If I were going to roll the dice on a soil on my last $8 buying soil, I'd try Kellogg Cactus & Palm potting mix. There was a bag open at Lowes one day. I thought that looked like a perfect soil for cannabis (sandy, well draining; not fine and dense/rich). I've been wanting to add it to my 3-product light/airy mix. But, it would be worth trying by itself. I think it would work better than the rich/heavy soils. (I'd still add 20% perlite to it. But, I'd probably add 60-70% to your soil. So, I think the cactus soil is more in the right direction that way.).

shaganja

shaganja

I don't see any perlite in it. I've never tried to grow in a heavy/dense/rich soil like that. But, every indication I've had is that cannabis likes perlite. Lots of perlite. Can't use too much perlite.

If I were going to roll the dice on a soil on my last $8 buying soil, I'd try Kellogg Cactus & Palm potting mix. There was a bag open at Lowes one day. I thought that looked like a perfect soil for cannabis (sandy, well draining; not fine and dense/rich). I've been wanting to add it to my 3-product light/airy mix. But, it would be worth trying by itself. I think it would work better than the rich/heavy soils. (I'd still add 20% perlite to it. But, I'd probably add 60-70% to your soil. So, I think the cactus soil is more in the right direction that way.).
that is wood ash i put on top to try and sway the ph. there is perlite in the soil

shaganja

shaganja

Did you follow the directions for the 3 different stages with different soil.

Lol. They have 4 soils needed to avoid the one bottle of nutes i use.

Legal weed products are getting more and more silly.
Why is grow soil silly?

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

It says you don’t need to add nutrients so are you adding them now? Since your using old soil? Or is this soil already hot

shaganja

shaganja

It says you don’t need to add nutrients so are you adding them now? Since your using old soil? Or is this soil already hot
new veg soil mixed with salty old used veg soil. no nutes used. not using nutes for them. just water and a just recently put some hard wood ash on top to see if would help furn the ph. am researching epsom salts right now

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

new veg soil mixed with salty old used veg soil. no nutes used. not using nutes for them. just water and a just recently put some hard wood ash on top to see if would help furn the ph. am researching epsom salts right now
Maybe invest in some nutrients instead of all these potting soils it kinda seems like a gimmick in my opinion I wish you the best of luck as I’m not experienced with outdoor plants 👍😄

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why is grow soil silly?

I forgot about this fiasco.

Because they have 3 different soils and a topdress compost. Not simple soil at all and not neccessary at all. And different plants will still need different strength feed so it will burn or keep plants deficient like every other store bought supersoil. but you get to buy 4 bags.

And a bottle of nutes would be easier and more reliable.

All to sell nutes to noobs with the common fear of fertilizing plants properly. Which os still needed to learn.

I had hoped that education would come along with “legal” weed. Instead more companies are ripping off more growers with no knowledge than even in the hey day of advanced nutes.

BudBogart

BudBogart

What killed your plants last year, before they got to flower in the old dirt?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Mother nature. Long sativa leaning lemon skunks couldn't flower. Cold came too soon
Thanks, also, with wood ash, while it is great at adding K, it also moves the PH up, perhaps too quickly or out of range.

shaganja

shaganja

I forgot about this fiasco.

Because they have 3 different soils and a topdress compost. Not simple soil at all and not neccessary at all. And different plants will still need different strength feed so it will burn or keep plants deficient like every other store bought supersoil. but you get to buy 4 bags.

And a bottle of nutes would be easier and more reliable.

All to sell nutes to noobs with the common fear of fertilizing plants properly. Which os still needed to learn.

I had hoped that education would come along with “legal” weed. Instead more companies are ripping off more growers with no knowledge than even in the hey day of advanced nutes.
Are you saying living soils are stupid? Do you know how many companies are making this type of product? Why are they not simple. They use cow, worm , and chicken. Sounds pretty simple to me. We have one in Detroit a lot of ppl are using. Maybe this should be a thread. Living soils do you use them? Yes or no. Tell us why. You still need to tell me why.
Thanks, also, with wood ash, while it is great at adding K, it also moves the PH up, perhaps too quickly or out of range.

shaganja

shaganja

what is os, awesome king of knowledge, superior grower michigan med guy? the u.p. needs to know.

Top Bottom