Used dish soap on plants, almost dead

• Thread starter RonaldinhoChristiano1917
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RonaldinhoChristiano1917

RonaldinhoChristiano1917

I planted 3 seeds 2 and a half weeks ago. So they’ve been growing for about two weeks now. It’s my first time growing so I’m just growing outside with sunlight. On some of my other plants I have spider mites so as soon as I found them on my seedlings I wiped them with dish soap. Stupidly I didn’t dilute the soap and almost immediately my leaves fell limp. I tried to remove any soap from the leaves but it was too late. My smallest plant looks terrible and it’s been 2 or 3 days now and I just tried flushing the soil to see if that’ll help. Will my babies die? Do you guys have any experience with this and have tips to save them?

Used dish soap on plants almost dead
Used dish soap on plants almost dead 2
Used dish soap on plants almost dead 3
Used dish soap on plants almost dead 4
Used dish soap on plants almost dead 5
Used dish soap on plants almost dead 6
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Using regular soap on plants is bad, here's why;
Plants have pores just like people do. Plants sweat just like people. If they can not transpirate (breathe), the plant suffocates.

I would give it nothing but pure pH balanced water (6.3) and if possible, clean the plant with pure pH water and a soft microfiber cloth.
Be extremely gentle.

Since the plant is so small, it would be easier to plant a new one.

In the future, try the product: Lost Coast Plant Therapy. It's made to kill bugs and some diseases.

Terilee

Terilee

I planted 3 seeds 2 and a half weeks ago. So they’ve been growing for about two weeks now. It’s my first time growing so I’m just growing outside with sunlight. On some of my other plants I have spider mites so as soon as I found them on my seedlings I wiped them with dish soap. Stupidly I didn’t dilute the soap and almost immediately my leaves fell limp. I tried to remove any soap from the leaves but it was too late. My smallest plant looks terrible and it’s been 2 or 3 days now and I just tried flushing the soil to see if that’ll help. Will my babies die? Do you guys have any experience with this and have tips to save them?
I did the same..only my plants were in bloom -I sprayed them until there was no sign of soap left - I cut and trimmed and cut more and more leaves off...A Live trim for real !
I believe
I damn near killed every 1.. Or so I thought..
To my surprise they came back with a vengeance. It's Almost harvest time and they are amazing. I wish you the Best of luck

20210922 110906 HDR
20210922 110257
20210922 110025
20210922 110950 HDR
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I would start new seeds asap, if these somehow survive, awesome, but I wouldn't bet on it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm glad your plants came back. If you spray them too heavily, they will need to be rinsed.

mancorn

mancorn

Man you all have some crazy soap! Sprayed a plant yesterday (when I saw a few mites) with 1/2 cup peppermint & 1/2 cup tea tree (per gal) of Dr Woods Castile soup (during the day) and besides the lingering peppermint smell can’t say I see any damage.

D3A4C35A BAA6 42DA A084 5CFD67CFE4F6

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Man you all have some crazy soap! Sprayed a plant yesterday (when I saw a few mites) with 1/2 cup peppermint & 1/2 cup tea tree (per gal) of Dr Woods Castile soup (during the day) and besides the lingering peppermint smell can’t say I see any damage.

View attachment 1171564

He used 100% dish soap on baby seedlings, so I don't think that is a fair comparison lol.

Bud looks great, what strain is that?

Top Bottom