Using A 2-bucket System

• Thread starter Stonersteve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stonersteve

Stonersteve

If I just buy the lids and an air stone do I still need to use ro water or can I use water from tap? How much will ph fluctuate with AN PH PERFECT stuff? That's what I'm using.
Also would the temp range be okay? I'm in a tin shed in far west Texas. Stays around 90 with almost no humidity.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If I just buy the lids and an air stone do I still need to use ro water or can I use water from tap? How much will ph fluctuate with AN PH PERFECT stuff? That's what I'm using.
You can buy 10 gal of ro water at kroger in the 5 gal jugs for $4 you wont use 60 gal the whole grow, so $24.. As for AN, i dont beleive much in ph perfect. It might be closer but i would still use ph up/down to set it at 5.8.. And I do here of ppl using tap, but I dont know about with them nutes... Thats a new growers first mistake, buying un-needed bs..

Also would the temp range be okay? I'm in a tin shed in far west Texas. Stays around 90 with almost no humidity.
Honestly brother, you aint gonna be able to grow much in 90 degree weather, esp with no rh... in a tin shed... You might as well just grow outside. Growing inside is expensive. You can always move your dwc plant out side for lights on, and back in when it gets dark. It will start flowering when it gets under 12 hrs light outside, prob sept...

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

in regards to the tin shed maybe try installing a couple louvers on it to let some airflow in the air, the humidity can be fixed with a humidifier and if you got the money you could even try an air con to cool the shed. I'm doing my first dwc grow with just normal tap water and coincidentaly sensi ph perfect nutes myself and at first I was skeptical but the shit works. I dont say it works in that you'll get miracle growth compared to other nutrients same growth rate but the nutrients don't nessairily stay at a perfect ph range it's that they are available at a much larger range so ph fluctuaion is okay but for the most part it finds it's "sweet spot" for the first bit i checked the ph and all that but i'm 4 weeks in flower now and I haven't had ANY nute toxictiy or deficiencies. I say fuck advanced nutrients in the sense of buying 10 different additives and all that but their ph perfect line does work as stated.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I'm from Canada so I don't know much about the diff states but i'm pretty sure texas is one of the last states you want to grow outside in, really great climate for it , but if oyu get caught they'll roast you to shit.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I use tap water in my RDWC system and my first grow was ok, not great. I doubt it was the water that made my crop just "ok", I'm guessing it was my light... My water out of the tap is usually at 200pps with a pH of almost 9.0 so I have to adjust my pH all the time before adding more water to the system and adjust my PPM numbers to account for the water.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

in regards to the tin shed maybe try installing a couple louvers on it to let some airflow in the air, the humidity can be fixed with a humidifier and if you got the money you could even try an air con to cool the shed. I'm doing my first dwc grow with just normal tap water and coincidentaly sensi ph perfect nutes myself and at first I was skeptical but the shit works. I dont say it works in that you'll get miracle growth compared to other nutrients same growth rate but the nutrients don't nessairily stay at a perfect ph range it's that they are available at a much larger range so ph fluctuaion is okay but for the most part it finds it's "sweet spot" for the first bit i checked the ph and all that but i'm 4 weeks in flower now and I haven't had ANY nute toxictiy or deficiencies. I say fuck advanced nutrients in the sense of buying 10 different additives and all that but their ph perfect line does work as stated.
he lose smell bad with them louvers.. There is just no easy cheap alternative.. It cost money to grow inside, esp if your trying to get #'s...

Tat2420

Tat2420

Setting up to grow indoors...i remember trying to do this on a budget years ago...3 times the budget later and I was still lacking hahaha...
Best thing to do...insulate it install a cooling system and run lights at night

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Setting up to grow indoors...i remember trying to do this on a budget years ago...3 times the budget later and I was still lacking hahaha...
Best thing to do...insulate it install a cooling system and run lights at night
lol, I tried to stay on a budget. $1500 got me my first grow of 1/2 lb, I gues it's not too bad for a first timer. once I saw my deficiencies in my system, I added another 1800 for a bloom tent (1400 just for the COB array), we'll see if I do any better on my next grow };-)

Stonersteve

Stonersteve

Week 2 Day 5: Small growth, new nodes, minimal stem growth.

*thats a mini Bic

IMG 0652
Dan789

Dan789

Good luck, you've got plenty to overcome to bring that girl "home", and the temps going to be one of them. The inside route sounds the safest, but also costs quickly add up.
What's your electricity rate there? Ours here is .19/kWh and my last grow was over $200/tent(4x4) with no A/C.
Do some calc's on what you'll need to run kWh wise so you won't be shocked when the utility bills come in later.

Stonersteve

Stonersteve

@EventHorizan germd a few more like you said in the plugs. But they look kinda jacked up any advice?

Stonersteve

Stonersteve

@EventHorizan germd a few more like you said in the plugs. But they look kinda jacked up any advice?
I also have everything needed for the true dwc except the lids and hydroton. What medium should I use until I can go into the actual pot?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

what I do for my RDWC system is as soon as I see solid roots coming out of the plugs, I place the plugs directly into the hydroton in the RDWC system and hand water them until I'm sure the roots have grown long enough to reach the water in the system. I hand water twice a day to make sure the plug in the hydroton stays moist.

Stonersteve

Stonersteve

what I do for my RDWC system is as soon as I see solid roots coming out of the plugs, I place the plugs directly into the hydroton in the RDWC system and hand water them until I'm sure the roots have grown long enough to reach the water in the system. I hand water twice a day to make sure the plug in the hydroton stays moist.
Thank you this was exactly what I was looking for!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

those pluds look really dry. i would dunk them in water for about 5 seconds,. only dunk 90% of bottom half... And he gavre you right advice above. Also keep t5 light or what ever light close enough that they dont stretch..

Latest posts

Top Bottom