Using a water meter for cannabis

• Thread starter fawnridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
God I hate using meters, they’re such a buzz kill in the garden. I just add as much beneficial bacteria and fungi as I can and water with tap. Keeping it simple.
water hose?

P

PahPahCee

water hose?
For outdoors I use the hose.

For indoors I drag my garden hose into my garage and fill up my reservoir. Then I have drippers going to each plant.

I used to PH my water or use RO water. Now I I’m just using my shit LA water (ph 8) and top dress langbeinite in to work with the tap water.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
For outdoors I use the hose.

For indoors I drag my garden hose into my garage and fill up my reservoir. Then I have drippers going to each plant.

I used to PH my water or use RO water. Now I I’m just using my shit LA water (ph 8) and top dress langbeinite in to work with the tap water.
That's the 3rd person I've heard swearing by Langbeinite. Do you top dress about a teaspoon (per pot) every two weeks?

P

PahPahCee

That's the 3rd person I've heard swearing by Langbeinite. Do you top dress about a teaspoon (per pot) every two weeks?
A smart dude name Kratos on another forum helped me out with my tap water. I gave him my water report and he explained it. My water is 200+ppm with 8-8.5ph and a load of calcium carbonate in it.

To quote him:

“By top dressing with Langbeinite on a bi-weekly basis, at half the recommended dosage on the box, the Sulfate in the Langbeinite should break apart the salts that are building up in your soils as a result of your tap water. Also, by omitting Dolomite Lime/OSF from the new soil you build, you can work with your water instead of against it, using your water as a liming agent.”

It sounds kind of crazy but I swear to god it worked for me. I just reamended 200 gallons of soil with No lime in it. So I’m committing to this concept.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
A smart dude name Kratos on another forum helped me out with my tap water. I gave him my water report and he explained it. My water is 200+ppm with 8-8.5ph and a load of calcium carbonate in it.

To quote him:

“By top dressing with Langbeinite on a bi-weekly basis, at half the recommended dosage on the box, the Sulfate in the Langbeinite should break apart the salts that are building up in your soils as a result of your tap water. Also, by omitting Dolomite Lime/OSF from the new soil you build, you can work with your water instead of against it, using your water as a liming agent.”

It sounds kind of crazy but I swear to god it worked for me. I just reamended 200 gallons of soil with No lime in it. So I’m committing to this concept.
Are you Padawon?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Anyways, yeah I'm probably on that same thread (think I started the Calcium Carbonate Thread over there). I'm dam near tempted to do that myself..but.. think I'll wait to see how it goes for you first.. 😁

P

PahPahCee

Anyways, yeah I'm probably on that same thread (think I started the Calcium Carbonate Thread over there). I'm dam near tempted to do that myself..but.. think I'll wait to see how it goes for you first.. 😁
😂 small world. That’s the exact thread that I’m basing this off of. I just go by Pahpahcee on all stuff. Easier to remember for me.

Hopefully you don’t see me in two months posting about deficiencies or ph issues.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
😂 small world. That’s the exact thread that I’m basing this off of. I just go by Pahpahcee on all stuff. Easier to remember for me.

Hopefully you don’t see me in two months posting about deficiencies or ph issues.
Right on bro, I started this Langbeinite experiment 3 months ago on soil I put together from Home Depot, and that went South quick because I have never put soil together before. I know for sure it was my soil mix because calcium issues usually show up around 4 weeks into flower. At least for me it was. My tap is 8.2 with 350 ppms...and even trying the organic approach I was seeing issues around week 4. I was just carbon filtering my tap water the entire grow. Now I'm second guessing that idea to high levels of salt in the tap water. Either way salt, calcium, big problem if it's building up in your soil. But Kratos swears by this Langbeinite. That it breaks down calcium deposits to a usable ion for the ladies to take up. I also saw it out there that Apple Cider vinegar can do the same at a 1:200 ratio. But that's scary as Apple Cider vinegar is a home brew for killing weeds the same! So don't try this at home folks, sounds promising but , I aint there yet. The RO filtering has taken me to week 8 of flower with no problems.

Down To Earth describes Langbeinite as is a naturally mined crystalline mineral that supplies the water-soluble sulfate form of three vital plant nutrients: potassium, magnesium and sulfurs. It’s maximum chlorine content is less than 3.0 percent, minimizing the potential for fertilizer “burn,” and it’s neutral pH does not alter soil activity.

The important thing if you decide to use Langbeinite in your grow is to not...use dolomite limestone. Mixing the two together will cause a Magnesium toxicity.

I'd check if your using any proprietary amendments like Gaia Green, Craft Blend, or Primal Lands Bloom if they have any Langbeinite in them already. (Craft Blend & Primal Lands does).

Well, I might just do a 50/50 mix (tap and RO) and try that out this grow, keep me posted please on how that goes and if any hiccups get a hold of me.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Right on bro, I started this Langbeinite experiment 3 months ago on soil I put together from Home Depot, and that went South quick because I have never put soil together before. I know for sure it was my soil mix because calcium issues usually show up around 4 weeks into flower. At least for me it was. My tap is 8.2 with 350 ppms...and even trying the organic approach I was seeing issues around week 4. I was just carbon filtering my tap water the entire grow. Now I'm second guessing that idea to high levels of salt in the tap water. Either way salt, calcium, big problem if it's building up in your soil. But Kratos swears by this Langbeinite. That it breaks down calcium deposits to a usable ion for the ladies to take up. I also saw it out there that Apple Cider vinegar can do the same at a 1:200 ratio. But that's scary as Apple Cider vinegar is a home brew for killing weeds the same! So don't try this at home folks, sounds promising but , I aint there yet. The RO filtering has taken me to week 8 of flower with no problems.

Down To Earth describes Langbeinite as is a naturally mined crystalline mineral that supplies the water-soluble sulfate form of three vital plant nutrients: potassium, magnesium and sulfurs. It’s maximum chlorine content is less than 3.0 percent, minimizing the potential for fertilizer “burn,” and it’s neutral pH does not alter soil activity.

The important thing if you decide to use Langbeinite in your grow is to not...use dolomite limestone. Mixing the two together will cause a Magnesium toxicity.

I'd check if your using any proprietary amendments like Gaia Green, Craft Blend, or Primal Lands Bloom if they have any Langbeinite in them already. (Craft Blend & Primal Lands does).

Well, I might just do a 50/50 mix (tap and RO) and try that out this grow, keep me posted please on how that goes and if any hiccups get a hold of me.
I saw a video that looked into different water sources, mentioning R.O which she depicted as "dead water" meaning no minerals and such. Distilled water was mentioned but she didn't come down negative on any of them. Obviously it comes down to water preparation depending on soil and a host of other things.
I have read and seen a host of articles and videos that mentioned how soil must be right at the start. I can't mention chapter and verse but the top organic potting soils are in the 6% ph range. The dirt is the permanent part of the arrangement as the water comes and goes.
Oh shit! I just checked and see I am in an outdoor forum, well you can certainly grow organic outside.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I saw a video that looked into different water sources, mentioning R.O which she depicted as "dead water" meaning no minerals and such. Distilled water was mentioned but she didn't come down negative on any of them. Obviously it comes down to water preparation depending on soil and a host of other things.
I have read and seen a host of articles and videos that mentioned how soil must be right at the start. I can't mention chapter and verse but the top organic potting soils are in the 6% ph range. The dirt is the permanent part of the arrangement as the water comes and goes.
Oh shit! I just checked and see I am in an outdoor forum, well you can certainly grow organic outside.
oh crap... didn't know this was an outdoor thread... oops... 🤣 my bad.

Stokes

Stokes

To quote him:

This is brilliant

Btw have you ever burned your plants using langbeinite? Ive heard you cant but the amount of potassium has me halving the dose

P

PahPahCee

I dove into building soil with coots mix and I haven’t ran into many issues with it. The only good stuff I’ve found at Home Depot is peat moss and 40# of gypsum.

350ppm is pretty rough. It would be hard to not lean on R/O water to cut it down. I’ll look into the ACVingar. I really want to switch to a living bed with using my tap water so I need a good game plan on dealing with the build up.

Last run in 5 gallon bags I was top dressing with dr earth flower girl/langbeinite/worm casting. It went well, I harvest 52g per sqft. I could have done better if I started amending earlier.

This is brilliant

Btw have you ever burned your plants using langbeinite? Ive heard you cant but the amount of potassium has me halving the dose
No I haven’t. I half my dose but apply every two weeks. It does feel uncomfortable pouring what looks like Himalayan pink salt ontop of my soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom