Using Physan 20 for clone storage

• Thread starter delae632
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

the physan is simply a sterilizing agent. I have done this and it works. Got around 50-60% for the first few times. I feel the physan would be better after removal from fridge and before planting. Good luck

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
the physan is simply a sterilizing agent. I have done this and it works. Got around 50-60% for the first few times. I feel the physan would be better after removal from fridge and before planting. Good luck

Yeah I get that it's basically just a fungicide but there's something more to it when used for cloning. The roots I was getting on the stems were absolutely crazy and I've read posts of people getting roots faster with it's use and longer storage time in the fridge. I've just gotta figure out the details of the process. I sent Jack a pm at ICmag but it went unanswered.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's a quaternary ammonium compound. These compounds are used in many fields for sterilization--hairdressing/barbering, manicuring, medical field, dental, veterinary. I believe that the net dip used in aquarium shops is also a quaternary ammonium compound (net dip is a requirement or you'll be dragging disease and pests from one tank to the other, can wipe out a whole shop in no time).

So, if this particular compound is doing something that's causing rooting, it may be helpful to understand what it is, and that ammonium bit is intriguing at the very least, don't you think?

homebrew420

homebrew420

Sea they def wont be using Physan for net dip the label states" HIGHLY TOXIC to aquatic life. Please contact your local water treatment facility and notify of use(when dumping down the drain).
Shoot I will staart trying this on the next group of cuttings I take Fri.

Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perhaps not specifically Phy 20, but there is a product called 'Net Dip' that's made using quats.

Top Bottom