Using Rooting Gel For Veg Stage...

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Hey gang, I was wondering if anyone could give me some input. I had the idea of mixing some rooting gel (for cuttings) with water and using it for early veg to stimulate root growth. Anybody ever done this? Do you think it would work? In coco coir...

homeboy

homeboy

Air Root Pruning Pots is a better solution. Your roots will be ample and abundent (which means badass plants) if you focus more on your seedlings and rooting your plants properly. Check out Rootmaker products. Or some d.i.y. options on youtube. You will see the difference. Some growers use FloraNova Bloom from seedling to finish. Getting air to your roots is more important. If you haven't done this first. Chemicals won't do squat. I have created sick roots using just air pruning methods. Ditch those solo cups, jiffy pots, traditional seedling flats, etc. That shit sucks. Learn to get your stalks 1 inch around before flower without synthetics. (use true organics). Use good compost teas. Healthier plant foods. Microbial organics. Nothing else.

dan1989

dan1989

Air Root Pruning Pots is a better solution. Your roots will be ample and abundent (which means badass plants) if you focus more on your seedlings and rooting your plants properly. Check out Rootmaker products. Or some d.i.y. options on youtube. You will see the difference. Some growers use FloraNova Bloom from seedling to finish. Getting air to your roots is more important. If you haven't done this first. Chemicals won't do squat. I have created sick roots using just air pruning methods. Ditch those solo cups, jiffy pots, traditional seedling flats, etc. That shit sucks. Learn to get your stalks 1 inch around before flower without synthetics. (use true organics). Use good compost teas. Healthier plant foods. Microbial organics. Nothing else.

I've already bought ten air pots for when I do my big grow, couldn't agree more with what you said. The problem I've got is until I move, I only have enough space to do a single plant grow in my cloning tent. I'm using it to try out different techniques. The air pots are just too tall for my small space unfortunately. I'm using a short wide plastic organiser box as a pot.

homeboy

homeboy

I've already bought ten air pots for when I do my big grow, couldn't agree more with what you said. The problem I've got is until I move, I only have enough space to do a single plant grow in my cloning tent. I'm using it to try out different techniques. The air pots are just too tall for my small space unfortunately. I'm using a short wide plastic organiser box as a pot.
Check out threads on youtube that show you how to pony tail your plants and low stress train them to get your one plant branches all equal in height to one another b4 you flower it. That will give you the a shitload more buds and better dense buds. Air pruning though is key. Air Pruning is more import during the seedling stage and veg stage to get a kick ass yield. Look into that. I average over 1 lb per plant on the normal.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Check out threads on youtube that show you how to pony tail your plants and low stress train them to get your one plant branches all equal in height to one another b4 you flower it. That will give you the a shitload more buds and better dense buds. Air pruning though is key. Air Pruning is more import during the seedling stage and veg stage to get a kick ass yield. Look into that. I average over 1 lb per plant on the normal.

my plants never get over 3 foot.
Pics or it didn't happen.

brazel

brazel

five parts of humic acid combined with two parts of seaweed extract. Get Brown seaweed and look for higher auxins then cytokinins. You'll find that in products that have not been chemical or heat produced
For root stimulant, apply in root zone. auxins, cytokinins.
And mycos

Plant Physiology, good website

homeboy

homeboy

check out some youtube stuff guys about air pruning and low stress training. Change the way you grow a little bit. I keep seeing awesome pics on here but everybody's plants are huge with tiny stalks at the bottom. I challenge you all to a grow off. Pick a date and lets do it. Seriously. We can post pics weekly of the progress. I'd like to see what some of you guys can do in here. I'm new here but this is nothing new to me. I'm looking for new ideas. Better methods. Kick ass growers alike. Anyone up for a winter challenge????

homeboy

homeboy

I hear you on the air pruning. And I've had good results with it but not necessary to fill buckets with roots or have big healthy plants.
I use rootmaker 2 inch propagation tray, 4 inch square to further the root structure early on, 1 gallons square with key chain loops drilled through the top ever 1/2 inch to tie off branches, 5 gallon round in flower. They are beasts now. I top usually around the 4th node and bend the shit out of my branches using zip ties loosely. Its creating stalks around 3/4 to 1 inch before flowering. I've never seen better yields. I watched some videos a few years ago and just kept tweaking my soils mixes and now I've found a simple easy method for me. Some guys do it their own way, i've found my way. I'm always curious to see grows from seed to harvest as thats what really matters. I've had issues with heat, with nutrients, with tents etc. just like all of us do. The best thing I ever did though was focus on my roots and temperature. That's been the best advice anyone ever gave me. Been growing now for 29 years with a few years off in iron hotels but its my passion. If I couldn't grow i'd most likely be dead from pills. Not an option. I've never documented my grows for obvious reasons and I want to create some journals on here to share some knowledge. I'd love to see the mmj community overgrow the government. Thats why I'm here. Anyone wishing to pick my brain or offer me better advice, I'm all ears. Starting a new grow in November and hope to document it from seed to harvest. Waiting for some beans to show up from some friends in the UK then its on. Hope you guys like it.

brazel

brazel

check out some youtube stuff guys about air pruning and low stress training. Change the way you grow a little bit. I keep seeing awesome pics on here but everybody's plants are huge with tiny stalks at the bottom. I challenge you all to a grow off. Pick a date and lets do it. Seriously. We can post pics weekly of the progress. I'd like to see what some of you guys can do in here. I'm new here but this is nothing new to me. I'm looking for new ideas. Better methods. Kick ass growers alike. Anyone up for a winter challenge????
Tiny stocks are everything! Why would anyone want a huge stalk!? You act like it supports the buds! Or it can support bigger buds! Or using silica makes them bigger;)

brazel

brazel

I use rootmaker 2 inch propagation tray, 4 inch square to further the root structure early on, 1 gallons square with key chain loops drilled through the top ever 1/2 inch to tie off branches, 5 gallon round in flower. They are beasts now. I top usually around the 4th node and bend the shit out of my branches using zip ties loosely. Its creating stalks around 3/4 to 1 inch before flowering. I've never seen better yields. I watched some videos a few years ago and just kept tweaking my soils mixes and now I've found a simple easy method for me. Some guys do it their own way, i've found my way. I'm always curious to see grows from seed to harvest as thats what really matters. I've had issues with heat, with nutrients, with tents etc. just like all of us do. The best thing I ever did though was focus on my roots and temperature. That's been the best advice anyone ever gave me. Been growing now for 29 years with a few years off in iron hotels but its my passion. If I couldn't grow i'd most likely be dead from pills. Not an option. I've never documented my grows for obvious reasons and I want to create some journals on here to share some knowledge. I'd love to see the mmj community overgrow the government. Thats why I'm here. Anyone wishing to pick my brain or offer me better advice, I'm all ears. Starting a new grow in November and hope to document it from seed to harvest. Waiting for some beans to show up from some friends in the UK then its on. Hope you guys like it.
Word,
What's your soil recipe?

homeboy

homeboy

Changes based on availability and time of year.

homemade garden/peat compost mixed with coco coir
aged fungal composts from years of gardening
course vermiculite & course perilite
earthworm castings plus
rocksdust/mixed with very little dolomite
sea kelp
wood ash
azomite for microbiological effects
homebrew teas (I use tons of water soluble organics)
no NPK synthetics
no manure of any kind
no bone meal
no blood meal

And some others but I mix it all different ways as needed. These are my staple items though.

Monster762

Monster762

I’m lost. I thought this thread was about using rooting horomone in veg?
I was wondering if I could put small amounts of rooting powder in water when watering during veg. I took my first 4 clones and dipped in powder. Then put straight in peat moss. All 4 took root. Now the roots are litterally coming out the bottom of 1 gal pots. Just little tips but still. They’ve only been in the 1 gals a week or 2 max. Can I water once with powder in the water when I change to 5 gal fabric bags? Or is it only useful on cuttings?

homeboy

homeboy

I was wondering if I could put small amounts of rooting powder in water when watering during veg. I took my first 4 clones and dipped in powder. Then put straight in peat moss. All 4 took root. Now the roots are litterally coming out the bottom of 1 gal pots. Just little tips but still. They’ve only been in the 1 gals a week or 2 max. Can I water once with powder in the water when I change to 5 gal fabric bags? Or is it only useful on cuttings?
people have used root hormones throughout veg before. One might be curious to see what kind of toxicity buildup it would create if any.

homeboy

homeboy

some say that the diluted powder typically will make your water slimy and it doesn't benefit the roots or it becomes too strong for seedlings at that point. It might be best to just use it as its intended.

brazel

brazel

What is the rooting powder?
Ingredients! Without knowing the ingredients I'd say you'd be better using coconut water or aloe Vera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom