Using Superthrive - Tips and Advice

• Thread starter Mr. Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Any use of superthrive that is large as the one you described should only be used once or twice a grow. If your using it regular definitely dont exceed a couple drops per gallon.

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

ive always been a proponent of these products, especially early on, but i think my partner is over doing it. any info on symptoms would be helpful. especialy because he thinks you cant over use B1. i disagree. any input would be appreciated...

G

Gnostic

I used super thrive for years and still due on fresh transplants of a few varieties. have found it is possible to over due but hard. was adding 2- 3 oz. to 40gal. res. at change out and I believe this to be heavy. Manufacturer recommends 2-4 oz. per 100 gallon water max for outside trees and shrubs. Remember B1 is not the cure all and I suppose you could cause "lock out" as well, I would think? I no longer use these products in my main grow as I said only for clone to transplant on a few varieties that stress a little easy. Much prefer biological war fare, (Beneficial s) to keep them healthy and happy by letting them feed properly and efficiently.

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

yeah, he's been doing 2-4 oz. per 3 gallons...he's since, relented...thanks to your info and similiar facts online. i just hope they're not permanently stunted. i have done a thorough flush and put him on green cleaning and tea brewing...he better not try and sneak that stuff into my recipe!

sedate

sedate

yeah, he's been doing 2-4 oz. per 3 gallons...he's since, relented...thanks to your info and similiar facts online. i just hope they're not permanently stunted. i have done a thorough flush and put him on green cleaning and tea brewing...he better not try and sneak that stuff into my recipe!

OMFG 2-4oz's per gallon of superthrive?

That's pretty nutso. PGR's and nutes are pretty much never a 'more-is-always-better' type deal.

Definately dial that back to bottle dose..

P

Pakojerte

How many times a week should I use ST on my plants? It's my first time adding anything to my budds. Anybody got some info I'd appreciate it.

Ecompost

Ecompost

true true i guess u have a good point there and i did lkinda try and do some but to me it was more of a guess then not and i came up with 1/8 tsp/gal for the week? and i didnt think of it the way u put it thx for the insight and i apologize
mate, the purpose of sites like this is to help you move from someone who might ask outwardly, to someone who asks inwardly because the community have supported your development. There are lots of GH's that can be used to great impact in bloom, but many relating to certain acids etc, are not the best so should be limited imo, its a fine line when you use GH direct. Formation of male flowers is generally promoted by concentrations of Gibberellic acid 10 to 200 ppm. Modulation of GH by bacteria is a more sensible and reliable approach. At some stage we will all admit, we haven't much idea when and what our plants need, but microbe workers have been at it for millions of years.

Onee

Onee

true true i guess u have a good point there and i did l kinda try and do some but to me it was more of a guess then not and i came up with 1/8 tsp/gal for the week? and i didnt think of it the way u put it thx for the insight and i apologize
tittystick doesn't know how to be nice to others, and treats everyone like they are his bitch. please, come back to the site anytime and ask whatever question is necessary. and avoid too much advice from him...as his math is foulable i can personally attest. these conversions are not easy and sometimes one needs a different answer like how many drops per cup. keep coming back.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Well, I'm going to give it a try, because my sister the master gardener says it's good.
Its kelp and BSM? just use kelp meal if you use soil, its is a lot cheaper and has many other compounds that will have been lost when it is converted to a mineral liquid like this. Rates of soil CO2 respiration will tell you if you have adequate mineralization in your media. you can buy CO2 soil test kits from Solvita. it is unlikely any soil is deficient in minerals since we all live on a massive rock full of the periodic table, only media systems not be functioning correctly and so microbial transformation of organic minerals slows or drops out.
Healthy microbes in soils mean plenty of minerals, not just the ones these dudes like and of course they are free if you let the microbes do the work and you have decent base material. :)

Can your sister be specific about what is good about this product? i am not in anyway degrading it, I dont know much about it so would like to know more. just I know that no one use any feeds in the forests, and they dont suffer mineral defs?
Thanks
Eco

Dr Watt

Dr Watt

Hi there :party1:

How many drops SuperThrive or Rootex L per ml.

Supethrive or Rootex L have (isopropalcohol imo) and that drops out thin - 2 times thinner than water.

Google says 20 drops per ml but my drippers perform as follows :

1ml = Water 15 drops - SuperThrive 30 drops

1 drop per gallon or 1/4 drop/lt is the stated minimum dose - but it that 1/15 of a ml or 1/30 ml - big difference for such strong stuff and a big gap if you wanna get it right right right. BTW ST or Rootex have specific applications and you will set back root expansion markedly if used wrong time wrong dose imo.

Interested in your opinion - mine is that Superthrive company dose rates are at 20drops/ml, so did they read it off a book @ 20 drops or use a real life dropper themselves ? :cool::crying2::drunk::puke2:

Last edited:
Ecompost

Ecompost

Hi there :party1:

How many drops SuperThrive or Rootex L per ml.

Supethrive or Rootex L have (isopropalcohol imo) and that drops out thin - 2 times thinner than water.

Google says 20 drops per ml but my drippers perform as follows :

1ml = Water 15 drops - SuperThrive 30 drops

1 drop per gallon or 1/4 drop/lt is the stated minimum dose - but it that 1/15 of a ml or 1/30 ml - big difference for such strong stuff and a big gap if you wanna get it right right right. BTW ST or Rootex have specific applications and you will set back root expansion markedly if used wrong time wrong dose imo.

Interested in your opinion - mine is that Superthrive company dose rates are at 20drops/ml, so did they read it off a book @ 20 drops or use a real life dropper themselves ? :cool::crying2::drunk::puke2:
they guessed :-) its 15 on my drippers too mate, its 15 when you squeeze it out of my bio hydrate product too,

T

thetmanshow

For what it's worth I've been using Superthrive as an additive to my nutrient mix for a couple years and recently upped the amount. Using maybe 40-50 ml per 40 gal. Started to see nanners and even balls on a few different stains. Stopped the Superthrive altogether and no more problems. Look at the label ,50 different hormones. I'll stay away from any hormones additives from now on.
Uhhhhhh shiiit..... here we go with the 3,000 people that ALL CLAIM, their way is the "right way".... unfuckin real! This is exactly why it's so goddam hard to find help through online forums.... everyone
.. and I mean EVERY ONE, always disagrees with everybody else's way of doing stuff.... I would suggest going to a garden store, or even look up some shops ONLINE that are located in CALIFORNIA, weather you live there or not is irrelevant... You can still use your phone, ask them your questions... that would be easier, and PROBABLY more reliable, then having a bunch of know-it-all's, saying your wrong or right.... live and learn my friend. Fuck what ppl say online, it's your plant, do what YOU think is right... if you fail, just make sure to correct it and learn from it! DINT FOLLOW OTHER PPLS ADVICE.... some ppl are completely wrong, and like to just give false information, some jus don't care, some are helpful... but how do you know who to believe and who NOT to??? Exactly, thats my point! Eitherway.... goodluck brother!

Latest posts

Top Bottom