using tap water when not using nutes should I still ph at 6?

• Thread starter sliknuts89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sliknuts89

should i be phing my tap water without ntes just like i ph in my nute feedings... a simple but important question i am curenlty phing and using my trucheon wen using nutes, but i am not when doing regular feedings ... i use tap watr untill i can afford new r/o systm so pleasefarmers help me out with this! and can i be causing problems or deficiences by doing this?

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i ph everything that goes in my pots until the last 2 days. if your tap water is 7.0, then thats where your rootzone will be until your next feeding. it might not cause deficiencies but it's probably slowing growth if anything

F

fuzzy

Always PH your water!Makes things a lot simpler.I Try to keep mine around 5.7-6.2 in coco.You can let it flux a Little. peace,fuzzy

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Definitely ph your water, especially if your coco ain't buffered.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
should i be phing my tap water without ntes just like i ph in my nute feedings... a simple but important question i am curenlty phing and using my trucheon wen using nutes, but i am not when doing regular feedings ... i use tap watr untill i can afford new r/o systm so pleasefarmers help me out with this! and can i be causing problems or deficiences by doing this?
If you're feeding with chemical salt-based nutrients, yes, you absolutely should pH. However, in my world, for coir, it should be ranging 5.8-6.2.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

The point of giving water between feedings is so the plant can eat up the leftovers from the last feeding. You cant expect the plant to uptake nutrients when the water you put in is out of ph range. 5.8-6.2 just like what SM said.

C

cctt

I think it depends on how buffered your tap water is. If it's very close to pure, the pH going in may not actually matter too much once it hits the rhizosphere. Or it may be full of minerals and the pH may cause an unwanted change. Since you don't know for sure you might as well pH it to your target regardless - it certainly won't hurt anything.

Top Bottom