utilizing all the lower leaves you pick from your plants...?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb

greenthumb

Seems like every time I go visit the girls, I have to remove a few leaves, some are a bit tired-looking, others are slightly yellowed or just have some rust on the edges...or some are blocking some buds from light...
Anyway, I have a whole bunch of leaves now with some THC no doubt....I read somewhere online an easy method of extracting THC from leaves and make a hash or some concentrate. He said it was best to use isopropyl rubbing alcohol to soak in overnight, and then let the alcohol evaporate for another day. I like the simplicity of it, but I am not sure if using this would be bad for smoking..........that's my question.
Want to know if any of you have an opinion abou

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
My personal opinion is two fold.. 1 DO NOT soak fan leafs in anything over night unless your making EDIBLES....

two if your gonna use fan leafs.. Use butane.. it extracts the least amount of shit off them as possible.

Ive been doing fan leaf extracts with damn near every cost available solvent known, Iso and acetone are the worth offenders.. Well no naptha is the worst due to the residue and almost impossible purging .. Then comes iso and acetone for there non selectiveness..

Now the real question is gonna be do you wanna smoke that shit in the end?? And if your used to BHO and the flavor and taste of good weed your not gonna wanna smoke the fan leaf oil.. It taste just as bad as the dried material smells.. only a hint worse since you just concentrated that flavor..

Its bad i won't lie. but in a pinch of rage ( being out of pot at times ) it does get you there just as good or better then some of the nug runs.. being older trichs if your looking for that Stone.. its great..

But its also fantastic medicine.. after tiring of smoking the nasty shit ive just started saving it and reclaim combing the 2 to create a super concentrated edible oil.. add coconut oil mix and consume for a hell of a good night sleep :D

If your tollerence is low enuff edibles could kick your ass, or they could be a crap shoot. Use to get high or use to medicate.. The choice is yours :D

But yeah.. use butane * assuming you know what your doing enuff NOT to blow your shit up. * Past that anyone can do the rest :D

greenthumb

greenthumb

Thank you Little Dabbie, of all your suggestions, I like the coconut oil thing the best.
It makes sense all that chlorophyll would taste bad to smoke. And I usually steer clear of chemicals and combustible things so I'm hesitant to get into butane etc.
Only thing is I don't like the taste of edible marijuana. I know there's a way to take all that taste away. One of the best dispensaries I know makes cookies that don't taste like that shit at all.
(As much as I like the taste and smell of smoked cannabis, I hate the taste of the edibles).

Anyone know how to make cannabis oil without that green taste?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Alot of places will add in terpenes to mask the flavor.. FOOD GRADE.. D-limonene is one..

Other ideas.. Encapsulate your oil and eat it that way :D ( thats what ive been doing ) Grape flavored capsules to help mask the underlying flavor of whats inside those caps then down the hatch... Burps taste funny lol and yer bowl movements the next day may be a little.. Free shall we say due in part to all of the OIL were consuming this way.. but , it works :D

As far as how to do it without the flavor ... I tend to decarboxy my oil a little higher then 250 ( not much but a little ) and for longer periods to help not only achieve the desired sleepytime effect but also help kill off some of that flavor.. It works to an extent but theres always gonna be that flavor there just due to whats being extracted.

greenthumb

greenthumb

I don't know what "decarboxy" means. I am a natural gardener but know nothing about extracting concentrates.
thanks

greenthumb

greenthumb

Thanks, also for the link, good resource.
I think I'll just make some canna butter with the leaves. I have a good recipe from Ed Rosenthal, maybe I'll just use that with the leaves, they're fuzzy and seem to have some THC.....I wouldn't waste good bud on these experiments though. I prefer smoking to eating this stuff. I'll check out your site some more later.

Top Bottom