Uv Light??

• Thread starter Basic Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SilentL

SilentL

IMO you wasting your time adding UV into your grow room for one UV is used for what Sterilization, and why Because it kills .
With regard to plants, UV-B impairs photosynthesis in many species. Overexposure to UV-B reduces size, productivity, and quality in many of the crop plant species that have been studied (among them, many varieties of rice, soybeans, winter wheat, cotton, and corn). Similarly, overexposure to UV-B impairs the productivity of phytoplankton in aquatic ecosystems. UV-B increases plants’ susceptibility to disease. Scientists have found it affects enzyme reactions that conduct fundamental biological functions, it impairs cellular division,
Causing Mutations and other problems down the road
So with 8 ish percent hitting earths surface pot heads are going to worry about 8 percent rather then worry about the right spectrum for fast plant growth and healthy plant growth
I just don't get it people worry about the little shit in a grow rather then the big picture
GT21 you mention Sogs i have done stupid sized sogs 6 years straight Years ago talking 1000 plants in different stages and different rooms average room 80 plants close to 20,000 watts for what its worth its time consuming, and costly n nutrients and end results never added up .
Cause you were only harvesting little better then 1/4 of the plants top 1/4 rest was always underdeveloped .. Cause of the foliage
You here?? the once you chop top half let it grow for a few more weeks truth is that does not work lol.. again been there done that .
And its a waste of time
In todays era of strains you have the heavy feeders and light feeders , ones that like more heat then others that like less.
there is a fine line when dealing with
When adding UV inreality  you have modified many other stresses that come with adding UV lighting

Todays generation grower is more worried about final product not realizing that 99 percent of the time they never got there plant to produce quality and that was from lack of experience..
One thing about growing is Experience knowing the strain is one of the most valuable tools reading the plants needs understanding all stages of growth ..
Many growers Fail miserably and why ?? because they grow a bunch of different strains at the same time TBH that is a accident waiting to happen

At the End of the day what does this all come down to all strains act differently some strains are perfect for scrogs others not , some strains can take de foil much better then others ,

I just personally think unless you have grown the strain for years and for most only see a difference with there Eyes to me rings Hollow..
its meaning less unless your actually testing thc and other chems to see actual results
Growing is like a game as you get better you level up to think a person is going to cut corners or cheat to level up is rather amusing ..
There are many different areas rather then adding UV a grower needs to work on soil biology , nutrients , and most importantly environment
Good tips . :)
Why I add uv ? I am already pleased with my plants ( but I want to be better and maybe give someone else a tip .
Sometimes they will be extra funny or good medical - plant to plant can matter more than strains. uv ? I want grow even more potent weed, it's fun :) .

Latest posts

Top Bottom