uv lighting

• Thread starter efnscreenames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

That depends on your wattage and I think if it is broad or narrow beamed uvb. My friend runs his 6 hrs in 12 while my narrow beam9100w) peaks out at 310nm seems like 4 hr does ok till week 8 of 10 then I bump it to 7-8 hrs. I had some uvb made for me that peaked at 285nm at 39w. I would rather have 3 39w then 1 100w for dif source points. JK

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

That depends on your wattage and I think if it is broad or narrow beamed uvb. My friend runs his 6 hrs in 12 while my narrow beam9100w) peaks out at 310nm seems like 4 hr does ok till week 8 of 10 then I bump it to 7-8 hrs. I had some uvb made for me that peaked at 285nm at 39w. I would rather have 3 39w then 1 100w for dif source points. JK

hey wassup JK

can you elaborate on the type of bulb and fixture you use? im running Adjust a wings but i would love to have supplemental uvb!

do you use the philips t100?

dankworth

dankworth

Jalisco Kid-
You previously mentioned how buds grown under hortilux's 5500k daylight metal halide had more complex flavors. I have experienced this, I know exactly what you are talking about. I wondered if it was the color ratios, or uvb, or both. But seeing as how this MH was in a super sun 2 reflector with glass in front of it, in theory there should have been no uvb projected onto the crop.

I have a 9x14 scrogged horizontal canopy under overhead reflectors. I have enough juice for another 1k available.
What are your thoughts on hanging the 1k 5500k hortilux vert above the canopy to cast some uvb and mh love on the hps-lit plants? Do you still recommend turning the lamp off before entering the room? I will be able to enter the room without this lamp shining directly on me. Walls are tiled in reflectix, with a reflectix curtain blocking the lamp from me.
And is there an affordable substitute MH lamp of similar quality? I cannot find anything close.
Thank you for your input.

M

MTgrower

don't MH lights have UV?

Yes they do. I run SunPulse MH lights for all stages of growth. Veg room is a mix of HO T5, VHO T5 and 4k and 6.4K bulbs. Then in flowering I switch to 3K flowering bulbs in air cooled hoods, for the last few weeks I use the 10K bulbs and remove the glass from my hoods. I have played around with all of these lights in 250W, 400W, and 1000W.

I don't turn my lights off, I just use nice goggles that block all UV light. I use goggles because normal glasses that don't form a fit around your eye will still let harmful rays hit your eyes.

The only problem I've ever had with the SunPulse bulbs is warping. It seems I got a bad run or something, because I had just about every bulb from that order warp noticeably. None ever burst or cracked, and they were all replaced with new bulbs. The replacement bulbs have not warped as of yet.

I don't use HPS anymore at all.

Top Bottom