Uvb Uva Study Test Results Increases Medical Marijuana Potency 3-5%

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snake Oil

Snake Oil

It's the latter. And actually, my latest test results have shown it can be even higher than 5%. My lowest jump has been 10% on a high CBD strain and I had 2 high THC strains jump 15%. I had another high CBD strain show a 20% increase in both THC and CBD. That one is just finishing another round and will go in to the lab to see if it reached that same increase again.
What method are you using to add UV?

N

noone88

I would love a comparison of UV results between using dual arcs for the whole flower cycle vs HPS red for majority of flower and a 10k spectrum bulb for the last two weeks.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Right on, Ive ran 10k before and definitely noticed a increase in smell and flavor I guess that also means a increase in potency.

I read that glass only blocks UVB not UVA so you are still getting some UV with a aircooled hood, does anyone know if UVA and UVB have the same effect on our plants?

oxanaca

oxanaca

It's the latter. And actually, my latest test results have shown it can be even higher than 5%. My lowest jump has been 10% on a high CBD strain and I had 2 high THC strains jump 15%. I had another high CBD strain show a 20% increase in both THC and CBD. That one is just finishing another round and will go in to the lab to see if it reached that same increase again.
So whats your highest thc percentage of all time?

Coir

Coir

So whats your highest thc percentage of all time?
For THC or CBD?
Here are some results from a couple of weeks ago from plants under the 10KMH for the last 10 days of flower. I don't have a huge amount of confidence in the accuracy from any lab as there are no set standards and the same flower will test differently at different labs. I do use the same lab every time though so to at least set a baseline to go off of. I have been able to get some consistency from this lab when sending in multiple samples labeled differently to test if they can indeed get repeatable results. Some of the other labs up here have crazy numbers that make no sense whatsoever and are not repeatable so I think it has a lot to do with the machine used, it's calibration, and the person running it. I also feel there is a lot more than just THC and CBD that create the effect that a strain has on me. Sadly, the market(rec and med) seems to be driven by those two numbers alone. While a lab test can be useful to know what a strain is capable of producing, actual use seems like a much better "test" than a lab analysis to me.
And, these results are both from the same lab they just changed their format the week between these two tests.

03111504 Final
01301506 West Seattle

homebrew420

homebrew420

where are the other testes though. No offense but a single test simply indicates you grew some quality flower. 15% increase is a pretty bold statement. All factors were the same in each grow? Are you sure? Honestly for me to believe the jump in numbers the plants would have had to be in the same room fed by the same res from automated timers. Far too many factors can go into the overall health of the plant.
@Coir either wasy that is a hell of a sample test. 27% is nothing to scoff at for sure. Nice work.

Coir

Coir

where are the other testes though. No offense but a single test simply indicates you grew some quality flower. 15% increase is a pretty bold statement. All factors were the same in each grow? Are you sure? Honestly for me to believe the jump in numbers the plants would have had to be in the same room fed by the same res from automated timers. Far too many factors can go into the overall health of the plant.
@Coir either wasy that is a hell of a sample test. 27% is nothing to scoff at for sure. Nice work.

Here is the first test results that were from the full flower cycle under an HPS. Everything was exactly the same other than switching the HPS to the 10K for the last 2 weeks. I grow all of my plants with my own nutrient formulations in the same coir medium with the exact same environmental conditions each and every time. Consistency is rock solid as I am the only person that handles the plants and all growing aspects from start to finish each time. So yes, "all factors were the same" and yes, I am "sure".
Ron 12091405

psilobuds

psilobuds

Thanks thats a good post. I personally wouldnt believe it unless it was replicated in peer reviewd journals. But that there is a good start to the right approach.

But UVB is also very good at disrupting DNA repair mechanisms --> cell damage from any rays that get past the cuticle... Ther b plenty of other ways to upreg thc synthesis without causing physical harm to the plant. Cheers mate

Ecompost

Ecompost

at our facility we use 315w CDL Philips Agro Elites powered by Boulder Lighting ballast. the output of UV-A is 4.65 mW/cm2. We consistently test higher % growing the same varieties as other shop around town. Now honestly this is likely due to a number of factors. But still interesting.

Peace
same, we run hoods with x2 315 daylights and we have hoods with 2x 315 argo. IMO the 315 is the perfect lamp for power in versus outcomes, we run sup gas etc so the extra light get processed of course

Ecompost

Ecompost

Latest posts

Top Bottom