Uvb Uva Study Test Results Increases Medical Marijuana Potency 3-5%

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Reserve privada- sour kush and Nature's Way- sweet lucy.... it dont matter the strain either... it all turns out with that nasty stuff all over hahaha

I spent the last 3 years studying light... not nutes.....

Screenshot 2016 01 06 12 29 03
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

good info brothers! I use 4/ 26 watt reptisun bulbs I've noticed the increased trichrome production in my flowers, haven't been tested yet, just from smokers all is good:badboy::cool::fire:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry for blowin up your thread OP but light is what interests me most. Organic chem, thermodynamics and hydraulic conductivity are fun too!!!
No worries.
What I need to satisfy my science mind is, the side by side with same strains from same mothers, same enviros etc etc, and all else to substantiate the claim that uva/uvb lends to more trikes and potency? F%%% the anecdotal stuff, we need somebody to do a real deal peer reviewed study to prove this isn't just another urban legend concerning cannabis. Can anyone help me with that???

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
No worries.
What I need to satisfy my science mind is, the side by side with same strains from same mothers, same enviros etc etc, and all else to substantiate the claim that uva/uvb lends to more trikes and potency? F%%% the anecdotal stuff, we need somebody to do a real deal peer reviewed study to prove this isn't just another urban legend concerning cannabis. Can anyone help me with that???
I would love to if i was set up... the thing we have to remember is its not just the MORE TRICHS THING... uvb damages the trich cuticle and changes oxidation speed in the trich.... i have people that thought i was crazy for offering up a lizzard light for a plant... then they tried it and shaved a week off flower times.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Precisely. .. we have to look at adenology and bionomics as a whole.... while we all love to think that this plant is from mars and its SPECIAL. ...ITS NOT
I disagree from the standpoint that the plant isnt special. Yea it has a lot of the same characteristics biologically, but when you look at the science behind the symbiosis (entourage effect) of how cannabinoids, terpenes and thc act toghether in a whole plant philosophy it is magical in a way. Not many plants I know of that can match that. Then take the human endocannabinoid system with in us and the way it binds to our receptors is in my mind pretty dang special. :smoking:

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I disagree from the standpoint that the plant isnt special. Yea it has a lot of the same characteristics biologically, but when you look at the science behind the symbiosis (entourage effect) of how cannabinoids, terpenes and thc act toghether in a whole plant philosophy it is magical in a way. Not many plants I know of that can match that. Then take the human endocannabinoid system with in us and the way it binds to our receptors is in my mind pretty dang special. :smoking:
No no!!! not like the medical quality of the plant.... im talking about how to grow it.... its just a plant with the same protection and reproduction purpose as other plants with trichs and terps.
As far as medical quality it cant be beat

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Right on, Ive ran 10k before and definitely noticed a increase in smell and flavor I guess that also means a increase in potency.

I read that glass only blocks UVB not UVA so you are still getting some UV with a aircooled hood, does anyone know if UVA and UVB have the same effect on our plants?
Uva and b do NOT work the same. Uva is not nearly as damaging as B.... ill post a drawing to show you how rays hit an object if i can find it. Uvb is as low as we can go without killing cells.... we clean with uvC it destroys everything. Another not it is not wise to breed with anything ultraviolet because it causes a bulge in the dna helix of organisms.

I have heard several mention 10000k bulbs which help a bunch but if you wanna go real hard core.... get some 14000k light for growing coral for fish tanks.
http://www.buildmyled.com/14000k-reef-spectrum/

2016 01 06 175301
2016 01 06 175238
Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No no!!! not like the medical quality of the plant.... im talking about how to grow it.... its just a plant with the same protection and reproduction purpose as other plants with trichs and terps.
As far as medical quality it cant be beat
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification bro........ Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Uva and b do NOT work the same. Uva is not nearly as damaging as B.... ill post a drawing to show you how rays hit an object if i can find it. Uvb is as low as we can go without killing cells.... we clean with uvC it destroys everything. Another not it is not wise to breed with anything ultraviolet because it causes a bulge in the dna helix of organisms.

I have heard several mention 10000k bulbs which help a bunch but if you wanna go real hard core.... get some 14000k light for growing coral for fish tanks.
http://www.buildmyled.com/14000k-reef-spectrum/
Damn dude, Want you to know I appreciate your input on the uva/b lighting thread. You are most infidelity passionate about lighting knowledge. Props+

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn dude, Want you to know I appreciate your input on the uva/b lighting thread. You are most infidelity passionate about lighting knowledge. Props+
LOL I meant to say most definitely........

Top Bottom