Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ok. Now what are numismatics and coins made of PM’s?

Lol.

Numismatics are currency (coins, dollars, etc). PM (Precious Metals). I dealt almost strictly in precious metal content but much of the bullion (precious metal refined for trade) is also coinage. I rarely bought any coins for collector value but I would on occasions when I knew I could trade them in that market for a better payout.

**Sorry, JWM2. I would have answered in a more comprehensive way had I know this would drag out.

Last edited:
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yeah it’s been fun. I sold cars years ago and had a blast. It’s long hours but the time goes by quickly. Just takes a little bit to learn the inventory. There’s about 70-80 cars on the lot so it’s not too big but still decent for a b lot. Had a 6 pounder today so it was a good day.
Wait I'm lost... you had 6 pounds of what now?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol a six pounder means the deal was for 6 grand over what we bought the vehicle for. In car sales the commission is figured by what the dealership paid for the car plus the operating costs (called pack) and then your commission is calculated against gross revenue. So let’s say we paid 10k for a car and put $500 into the reconditioning then you add pack so the total cost of that vehicle is 11k. So if I sell that car for 12k then my commission would be calculated on that 1k difference. Typically commission is 25-35% of the gross profit. So for a 6 pounder or 6k gross I made roughly 1500-2000 off that one sale.

Our F&I guy said it was the second largest deal he’s ever had in his 15 year career as a finance manager. He was more geeked about it than I was, lol.

In reality it was a 7 pounder but we had to stick some more money into the recon to ink the deal. So that brought it down some.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Lol a six pounder means the deal was for 6 grand over what we bought the vehicle for. In car sales the commission is figured by what the dealership paid for the car plus the operating costs (called pack) and then your commission is calculated against gross revenue. So let’s say we paid 10k for a car and put $500 into the reconditioning then you add pack so the total cost of that vehicle is 11k. So if I sell that car for 12k then my commission would be calculated on that 1k difference. Typically commission is 25-35% of the gross profit. So for a 6 pounder or 6k gross I made roughly 1500-2000 off that one sale.

Our F&I guy said it was the second largest deal he’s ever had in his 15 year career as a finance manager. He was more geeked about it than I was, lol.

In reality it was a 7 pounder but we had to stick some more money into the recon to ink the deal. So that brought it down some.
Well, I learned something today. You salesmen and your fancy lingo! :D

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, I learned something today. You salesmen and your fancy lingo! :D

Lol yeah. My brothers been in it for about 15 years. I was into it about 20 years ago and moved on to retail electronics and appliances. I then started my own business and did that for about 20 years. Back about 5 years ago I did a short stint with another B lot dealership for SEO and marketing and when things got busy I’d take ups on the lot. I really enjoyed selling again so when I got the opportunity recently I decided I’d go ahead and take it. It’s nice working with family in a laid back atmosphere such as this B lot were on now.

In case you wondered why I call it a “B” lot it’s because they sell only preowned vehicles. “A” lots sell new vehicles and usually preowned as well (although not always).

There was a dealership in Illinois that was Chevy only and anything they took in on trade was sold at auction. They only had new Chevy cars and trucks. They eventually got bought out and consolidated with another store. But if you wanted anything used or anything that wasn’t a new Chevy you had to go elsewhere. Very odd and it’s the only time I’ve ever seen that.

An “UP” is a potential customer. Salesmen always call them “UP’s”. So there’s Lot Ups, Phone Ups, Email Ups, etc. A “bird dog” is when a customer refers another client to you. Many times they get a reward for doing so. The place I’m at now pays them $100 for each customer they refer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol yeah. My brothers been in it for about 15 years. I was into it about 20 years ago and moved on to retail electronics and appliances. I then started my own business and did that for about 20 years. Back about 5 years ago I did a short stint with another B lot dealership for SEO and marketing and when things got busy I’d take ups on the lot. I really enjoyed selling again so when I got the opportunity recently I decided I’d go ahead and take it. It’s nice working with family in a laid back atmosphere such as this B lot were on now.

In case you wondered why I call it a “B” lot it’s because they sell only preowned vehicles. “A” lots sell new vehicles and usually preowned as well (although not always).

There was a dealership in Illinois that was Chevy only and anything they took in on trade was sold at auction. They only had new Chevy cars and trucks. They eventually got bought out and consolidated with another store. But if you wanted anything used or anything that wasn’t a new Chevy you had to go elsewhere. Very odd and it’s the only time I’ve ever seen that.

An “UP” is a potential customer. Salesmen always call them “UP’s”. So there’s Lot Ups, Phone Ups, Email Ups, etc. A “bird dog” is when a customer refers another client to you. Many times they get a reward for doing so. The place I’m at now pays them $100 for each customer they refer.

Its a term from salespeople saying “who’s up next” when a customer comes on the lot. “Who’s up?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
525E61F2 B729 430F 828A 286E769EDDCB

Veg chamber is jam packed right now. I had to cut these down some so they’d quit growing into the lights and burning the leaves. Just waiting for some space to get freed up in the flowering chamber.

I got a commercial LED light being delivered today so these will go into another space soon with it. Not sure if I’ll veg them up a little more or just send them straight into flowering. Shouldn’t have this height limitation much longer.

I’m going to move flowering into a seperate area so I can grow them much larger for better yield. A 5x5 flowering area should do the trick with a 700w quantum panel with built in far red leds. It’s a mixed spectrum panel with 3000k and 5000k leds so it should keep the plants a little more compact and pack on the frost.

I’ll use the flowering chamber of the rack for extended vegging. So the existing veg chamber will be when they are small. I’ll prolly put my dimmable LED Light in it as that gives me the ability to control output. Then I’ll use my current flowering quantum board for extended vegging to allow them to stretch a little under the 3000k light before sticking them under the commercial light. This should triple my yield and grow space at minimum. Hoping for a little more but I’m playing it safe.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not for me. I’m always up. Haha. I’m super aggressive when it comes to grabbing ups. I’ve been accused of not sharing. But hey if I see someone and you aren’t making a move toward them then I will. Fuck it. You snooze you lose.

Many dealers have an “up” system. You wait your turn.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This should open things up for some pollen chucking projects I’ve been planning. Got a few good crosses I want to make and test out. Those will go similar to the UZI Cookies project in which I’ll test them out and send out a bunch to others to test out as well (if they are interested). Hoping to have a positive impact someday on the cannabiz.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This should open things up for some pollen chucking projects I’ve been planning. Got a few good crosses I want to make and test out. Those will go similar to the UZI Cookies project in which I’ll test them out and send out a bunch to others to test out as well (if they are interested). Hoping to have a positive impact someday on the cannabiz.

Sounds like its time for 4x8 growing racks and your new division.

The Growing Seeds llc.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You know we used to keep scotch in our closing office. Do you ply your customers with weed now?

Lol funny you should mention that. I haven’t yet but it was something I had thought about. I want to buy a dealership or start one at some point down the road and that kind of theme had crossed my mind. Have a four foot bong in the showroom and take rips right before the test drive. Might be a liability tho. Haha.

Top Bottom