• Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
AC595CF9 F1D9 4D47 82AD 3B6340972587
B4A52B76 1C66 4A81 817D F837A6BF5F36

Commercial light showed up. The cat was curious so I snapped a pic to show the scale of the light. It’ll fill out a 5x5 space pretty easily. Now I have to buy a pig tail to hook it up. It came with bare wires. 700 watts of quantum glory in a nice professional package with the drivers mounted inside the casing. Now if I can just get them to send me the spectrum dimmer ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 863440 View attachment 863441

Commercial light showed up. The cat was curious so I snapped a pic to show the scale of the light. It’ll fill out a 5x5 space pretty easily. Now I have to buy a pig tail to hook it up. It came with bare wires. 700 watts of quantum glory in a nice professional package with the drivers mounted inside the casing. Now if I can just get them to send me the spectrum dimmer ;-)

You certainly seem to know how to make friends and influence people.

NOW GET OUT THERE AND TAKE AN UP!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You certainly seem to know how to make friends and influence people.

NOW GET OUT THERE AND TAKE AN UP!

Lol today’s my day off. I went in for a few hours. It was slow so I took off. Wasn’t feeling the best. By brother has been sick the last couple days and I think I caught whatever he had. Just woke up from my nap. Feeling much better now.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve actually got two more like this coming. One that’s a strip led design, same wattage though just different spectrum (3300k) and that company is sending me a fluence spydrX to use for comparison to their fixture. Similar designs but theirs is suppose to be a little nicer and a lot cheaper than the fluence. So this is just the beginning of our adventure. Might have to expand the grow space considerably to make it all work.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ve actually got two more like this coming. One that’s a strip led design, same wattage though just different spectrum (3300k) and that company is sending me a fluence spydrX to use for comparison to their fixture. Similar designs but theirs is suppose to be a little nicer and a lot cheaper than the fluence. So this is just the beginning of our adventure. Might have to expand the grow space considerably to make it all work.

I have a new tent to set up in case they dont fit in your space. :-)

Erick31876

Erick31876

Not for me. I’m always up. Haha. I’m super aggressive when it comes to grabbing ups. I’ve been accused of not sharing. But hey if I see someone and you aren’t making a move toward them then I will. Fuck it. You snooze you lose.
You got that right! If I got paid off commission I would always be ready. I work at a auto body shop and some shops pay what is cslled flat rate which is they have a book that says what each thing on a car pays. Say a brake job pays 2 hours. It takes like 15-20 minutes to do it, you grt paid 2 hours. Its good but sometimes you can lose out. The good thing about working at a dealership is you work on the same thing every day and get really fast ay it. I remember when I got out of school I made 12.50 an hour and brought home over 50k a year. I am always ready if they need me to stay late and do a job or pull a car in real quick and do a brake job or something. You need to be hungry to make money

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You got that right! If I got paid off commission I would always be ready. I work at a auto body shop and some shops pay what is cslled flat rate which is they have a book that says what each thing on a car pays. Say a brake job pays 2 hours. It takes like 15-20 minutes to do it, you grt paid 2 hours. Its good but sometimes you can lose out. The good thing about working at a dealership is you work on the same thing every day and get really fast ay it. I remember when I got out of school I made 12.50 an hour and brought home over 50k a year. I am always ready if they need me to stay late and do a job or pull a car in real quick and do a brake job or something. You need to be hungry to make money

Absolutely. That’s what I like about sales. If you’re hungry and good at it you can make good money. Plus I love talking to people. That’s why I was posting on here constantly. I was couped up in my house with nobody to talk to cept the wife and kids and they don’t like the same stuff I do. So we mostly talk about their stuff. Which is ok but sometimes you just need to shoot the shit with like minded people or new people that haven’t heard your tired stories for the millionth time. Haha.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Absolutely. That’s what I like about sales. If you’re hungry and good at it you can make good money. Plus I love talking to people. That’s why I was posting on here constantly. I was couped up in my house with nobody to talk to cept the wife and kids and they don’t like the same stuff I do. So we mostly talk about their stuff. Which is ok but sometimes you just need to shoot the shit with like minded people or new people that haven’t heard your tired stories for the millionth time. Haha.
I wish you the best of luck with rhe new job, but it seems like you don't need it. Lol. I hope you stick around here more often, your one of the nicest people on her that I have chatted with and I learned a lot from reading your posts.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ll try to come here more often. The first couple weeks are just hectic and with spring it’s been busy on the lot. But I always check from my phone to see what’s going on I just might not post as often as I was. On my days off I still try to post quite a bit. Just haven’t had time to sit down and make any tutorials or anything the last couple weeks. But I’ll make an effort to try and document things a little more.

Thanks for the kind words bro. I really do appreciate it. I hope to really get things moving here shortly. Just gotta clean out the garage and move some crap in there to free some space indoors to get the new space all ready for expansion. Should be a fun a adventure tho. I’m going to document the expansion as best I can and hopefully do some side by side comparisons on some commercial lighting. These lights are also perfect for home use as well. They are similar to the HLG 550 and 600 lights but are preassembled and offer a few extra options for about the same price. With this FGI 700 series light the far red leds are built in and you have full control over the spectrum not just the intensity. So you can really dial things in and play with the spectrum to get optimal lighting. All for the same price as a HLG Kit. FGI has a sale right now for $200 off. So that makes the fixture come in at $899. Which imo is fantastic for the quality of light you’re getting in a ready to hang package. Can’t wait to fire this puppy up :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ll try to come here more often. The first couple weeks are just hectic and with spring it’s been busy on the lot. But I always check from my phone to see what’s going on I just might not post as often as I was. On my days off I still try to post quite a bit. Just haven’t had time to sit down and make any tutorials or anything the last couple weeks. But I’ll make an effort to try and document things a little more.

Thanks for the kind words bro. I really do appreciate it. I hope to really get things moving here shortly. Just gotta clean out the garage and move some crap in there to free some space indoors to get the new space all ready for expansion. Should be a fun a adventure tho. I’m going to document the expansion as best I can and hopefully do some side by side comparisons on some commercial lighting. These lights are also perfect for home use as well. They are similar to the HLG 550 and 600 lights but are preassembled and offer a few extra options for about the same price. With this FGI 700 series light the far red leds are built in and you have full control over the spectrum not just the intensity. So you can really dial things in and play with the spectrum to get optimal lighting. All for the same price as a HLG Kit. FGI has a sale right now for $200 off. So that makes the fixture come in at $899. Which imo is fantastic for the quality of light you’re getting in a ready to hang package. Can’t wait to fire this puppy up :)

Still more than double what i would consider a fair price.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
670A7C43 0596 4B41 8B11 AFD55DF922AE

Here’s a screenshot of a nifty little app that controls my smart plugs. I have my lights on timers and it shows me their electricity usage just like a kill-a-watt. I can control everything remotely from my phone. I just hooked up the dehumidifier a couple days ago so when the humidity gets too high I can crank it up. These smart plugs are $19.95 for two of them so about $10/ea and can handle up to 16a. My quantum board light uses about 1.5a so I’m well below the maximum draw.

Here’s a link to them on amazon:

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Still more than double what i would consider a fair price.

Compared to what tho? I mean HLG charges $900 for a kit you have to assemble yourself and that’s without the far red leds or ability to control the spectrum. Sure it’s a tad pricey compared to HID but the money you save in electricity is well worth it imo. This 660w fixture puts out more light than a 1000w HID and can be dimmed and placed closer to the canopy without the excess heat. By the time you factor in savings on cooling it adds up quickly. Don’t get me wrong I hope they keep coming down in price it’s just for the way the market is currently it’s not a bad deal at all. And at only 27lbs for the fixture it fits in any 4x4 or 5x5 grow tent easily.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Compared to what tho? I mean HLG charges $900 for a kit you have to assemble yourself and that’s without the far red leds or ability to control the spectrum. Sure it’s a tad pricey compared to HID but the money you save in electricity is well worth it imo. This 660w fixture puts out more light than a 1000w HID and can be dimmed and placed closer to the canopy without the excess heat. By the time you factor in savings on cooling it adds up quickly. Don’t get me wrong I hope they keep coming down in price it’s just for the way the market is currently it’s not a bad deal at all. And at only 27lbs for the fixture it fits in any 4x4 or 5x5 grow tent easily.
How big of an area can you use it in

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hlg is a ripoff too.

I can run a hid lamp for 5 years before i spend the same. It is a major ripoff. When the hype dies down and the price halves I will consider them. Im going with hps and cmh til then likely.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
How big of an area can you use it in

It’ll be in a 5x5 grow tent. I would do another rack and night in the future but for now I just need to get up and running. A buddy is using a 4x4 grow rack in a tent right now. He grows with floraflex hydro so he doesn’t have 2’ of dead vertical space like I do with soil and pots. If I dedicate the whole room like I want down the road I’ll definitely be using some racks to utilize the vertical space.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I didnt pay the $1000 for my iphone either. But many did. They are the problem if you ask me.

And i got my new $1800 mountain bike for $995 shipped. Just last years model.

The prices will come way down as led becomes the norm.

Also worried i wont be able to keep my rooms warm enough in mid winter. Adding a heater diring lights on negates any savings.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I dunno if it’s a ripoff persay. In the rack I’m in I’d need 400-600w to cover 10sqft. I’m using 190w right now with quantum boards dimmed. That’s quite a savings every month. The fixture I bought for $360 has paid for itself over HID and it’s only been 6 months.

Top Bottom