vacuuming spidermites off plants

• Thread starter aireoponics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aireoponics

I have been battling spidermites since i was in vegg. i bug bombed them, sprayed them with different chemicals and just got some ladybugs. I releced the ladybugs into the room and hours later checked they were all on their backs dead or almost dead. good thing i saved some of them for later grows. so i decided today to take my vacuum into the room and suck the spidermites up with the vacuum. I ran it and sucked up almost entire tops, but the leaves i sucked up entirely and when they came out altho damaged alittle almost spidermite free. going to try this tomorrow more.

S

scoobydoo

They will be back and now you have damaged and weakened plants to easily feast on. There is no way your gonna be able to get every egg/mite with a vacuum. You have to acclimatise your lady bugs or they will just die. What chemicals have you tried? Don't vacuum your poor girls again :P

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Dam Borg!!!! I wouldnt vacccum either...and IMO..the mites need to be under control befor they go into flower...useually flower rooms are a bit higher in temps and lower in humidity..perfect breading conditions...Now I will tell ya if ya have a serious infestation your yield is going to suffer as they slow plants down BAD..Best to be Mite free when starting bloom. Im sorry But iME there is no "end of story" method...the mites love our Marry J....get ya self an arsonal of weapons. as they become ammuned to the shit ya use...mix it up..heres what I do and seems to work well for me..Now i dont have them exterminated but can keep them at bay..

1; be sure ya have a high humidity in the rooms..veg i run 60-70% and flower 40-50%
2..I use pyrithins(sp) every 2 weeks

3. every 3 days i use Neem oil

4. evry 4 days i use iso/water

5. i make a cinnomon oil spray as well

I mix these treatments up threw out the season..I grow in a shed out back so bringing pests inside is common for me..I just have a harder battle then most...and remember they mutiply very fast in HIGH temps..hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

T

TopShelf

The vacuum thing will just hurt your plants. You cant possibly get the all the spiders much more the eggs that are on the bottom of the leaves. Get yourself a hot shot strip and call it a day.

J

Jalisco Kid

Dam Borg!!!! I wouldnt vacccum either...and IMO..the mites need to be under control befor they go into flower...useually flower rooms are a bit higher in temps and lower in humidity..perfect breading conditions...Now I will tell ya if ya have a serious infestation your yield is going to suffer as they slow plants down BAD..Best to be Mite free when starting bloom. Im sorry But iME there is no "end of story" method...the mites love our Marry J....get ya self an arsonal of weapons. as they become ammuned to the shit ya use...mix it up..heres what I do and seems to work well for me..Now i dont have them exterminated but can keep them at bay..

1; be sure ya have a high humidity in the rooms..veg i run 60-70% and flower 40-50%
2..I use pyrithins(sp) every 2 weeks

3. every 3 days i use Neem oil

4. evry 4 days i use iso/water

5. i make a cinnomon oil spray as well

I mix these treatments up threw out the season..I grow in a shed out back so bringing pests inside is common for me..I just have a harder battle then most...and remember they mutiply very fast in HIGH temps..hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

You need to learn to grow,so you do not have to put poison on your plant for maintenance. It will catch up to you.

Aire Vacuuming will just piss them off. You need more fear of the borg. Too many people rely on florimite which there already are floromite resistant mites out there. JK

A

aireoponics

They will be back and now you have damaged and weakened plants to easily feast on. There is no way your gonna be able to get every egg/mite with a vacuum. You have to acclimatise your lady bugs or they will just die. What chemicals have you tried? Don't vacuum your poor girls again :P

what do you mean by acclimatise?

also i bought a hot shot strip today but i think they are immune to it already also bought some miticide 50% marathon going to try spraying neem oil and or alc water. Im in week 6 of flowering

S

sunsimulator

alcohol alcohol ,, Alcohol is poisonous to insects , spiders, kill fungus , bacteria ,, and even will kill fungus gnats. u can mix 1 :1 i like to mix a 3:1 that means what ever amount of 3 parts is u add 1 part alcohol ,, if i use cups ,, that would be 3 cups to 1 cup alcohol.. if i use gallons 3 gallons to 1 gallon ,, Alcohol will kill pest! and yes u can pour it threw the soil to kill fungus gnats . Drinking alcohol 8% or less can make plants reduce their size as far as limbs ,, leaves ,, every aspect of the plant will be smaller all but the fruits or flowers ,, or buds ..
we all know when we get the females lil drunk everything becomes easier!!!

F

fuzzy

Thanks Sun

Thats some Very imformative information Sun!Very cool,because i live in a High humidity inviro.peace,fuzzy

R

Rabbi

florimite stays in the plants tissues for over 8 months and is not supposed to be used for consumables. I dont smoke bud from people who use florimite sc. if your using florimite then your also smoking florimite sc.

Diluted clorine at 7% up to 25% (test)in water and it will kill all insects and PM and Clorine breaks down to nitrogen in a day or two. floiar spay the room every where and repest every second to third day then week to week until controlled.

Giddeon

Giddeon

SUNSIMULATOR
What kind of alcohol works best?

I have used Azamax a few times seems to work just fine for me, I use this as a dunk when transplanting my clones, and as a spray if they still need another treatment.
I have also done the Co2 method of killing the bugs and for some reason after the first time of doing this it stopped working for me.

S

sunsimulator

SUNSIMULATOR
What kind of alcohol works best?

I have used Azamax a few times seems to work just fine for me, I use this as a dunk when transplanting my clones, and as a spray if they still need another treatment.
I have also done the Co2 method of killing the bugs and for some reason after the first time of doing this it stopped working for me.

Isopropyl alcohol ,,, 70% or 91% all the information about this for pesticides are on the net,, I am with Rabbi on this ,, i do not like to smoke anything with systemic pesticides ,, I will use Einstein OIL which is systemic ,, but will be broken down in the plants after so many days .. other things like ADVID ,, Florimite ,
Azamax , they take longer AVID takes 90 days to get outa plants ,, fok that !!! i seen avid make ppl bleed when it gets on their arms ,, wonder what it does to the lungs when inhaled! and being burned just concentrates it .

addon!!!!! the vapors of the mixture is deadly to insects also ,, spider also ,, which is what a spider mite is ! if your worried about the harm of the plants from spraying it on them ,, Pour alcohol in a container that has large surface area . set that with a fan blowing which 99.9 % of growers have some type of fans blowing around ,, close the room up ,, May wanna turn lights off ,, lol alcohol vapors are flammable.. let the vapors build up in room ,,, this should also work ,,

i always spray the plants ,, it helps clean the leaves off also!

S

sunsimulator

florimite stays in the plants tissues for over 8 months and is not supposed to be used for consumables. I dont smoke bud from people who use florimite sc. if your using florimite then your also smoking florimite sc.

Diluted clorine at 7% up to 25% (test)in water and it will kill all insects and PM and Clorine breaks down to nitrogen in a day or two. floiar spay the room every where and repest every second to third day then week to week until controlled.

adding lime in a sock and shaking it over plants works also . lime will KILL bugs ,, mildews. mold . many many ways to get rid of bugs .

using some of the things i read about is almost like getting a Surface to AIR missile to skeet shoot with! :bug

A

aireoponics

adding lime in a sock and shaking it over plants works also . lime will KILL bugs ,, mildews. mold . many many ways to get rid of bugs .

using some of the things i read about is almost like getting a Surface to AIR missile to skeet shoot with! :bug

what kinda lime?

i added some ultrasonic pest things will these drive off spidermites? it says cockroaches, spiders etc.. but no mention of mites. think i will try straight alc. in a container with a fan blowing on it see how it works or maybe dilluite it and spray.

J

jordisgarden

I am not doubting your knowledge bro. but there is no way on gods green earth id ever dump alcahol through my soil. im not saying it wouldnt work . i would never usee a chemical bomb either. i had fungus gnatts a few months ago .i let the mediumcpletely dry transplanted and kept the h2o to a min. ive been lucky that ive never had spider mites. how do they get in there?. also should i be doing anything preventative? maybe use a foliar spray even if the chances are that ill never have mites?

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

You need to learn to grow,so you do not have to put poison on your plant for maintenance. It will catch up to you.

Aire Vacuuming will just piss them off. You need more fear of the borg. Too many people rely on florimite which there already are floromite resistant mites out there. JK

Is there advice hidden in there?

I've used floramite twice in 5 years and the mites I had were def not resistant. I rely on a clean grow room and bi-weekly organic foliar sprays for my moms and teens to prevent any insects. I would never spray any pesticides during flowering, organic or not. That being said, I've been deep into cycles were mites began webbing and taking over, it can be scary to watch all your hard work slip away. My advice would be stop vacuuming, and spray those lil bastards off with plain old water, spray both sides of the leaves, try to get the eggs. The reality is the damage to your plants has already been done,(though it can get worse) the only thing you can do is learn from the experience and take the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.

Top Bottom