Vanilla Kush And Personal Strain Gen2

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Yeah the hlg qbs are outdoing the purple cobs in my tent too.
But I also got the qbs sitting real close. I can’t do that with the cob leds light it’ll burn em.
Not meaning to have any kind of lighting debate or urinary contest just a quick question. Am I right in assuming cobs are better for tree and coverage Comparable to HID while qb s are more suited for scrogs and even canopies? Like qb s are only meant to run very close to the plants? I’m considering integrating some efficient LED light into my current setup, not wanting to throw everything out and setup LED exclusively. Usually keep my light/lights 24 inches away from canopy on average

Monster762

Monster762

Not meaning to have any kind of lighting debate or urinary contest just a quick question. Am I right in assuming cobs are better for tree and coverage Comparable to HID while qb s are more suited for scrogs and even canopies? Like qb s are only meant to run very close to the plants? I’m considering integrating some efficient LED light into my current setup, not wanting to throw everything out and setup LED exclusively.
Yeah the qbs are better for a even canopy scrog type grow I think. I had the qbs backed up for footprint but moved closer n they really showed a difference. In a tent I think qbs are where it’s at. No headspace needed. Just flat boards.you can get like 10 inches from. Build a frame to hold em all level n put it on ratchet cords.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Not meaning to have any kind of lighting debate or urinary contest just a quick question. Am I right in assuming cobs are better for tree and coverage Comparable to HID while qb s are more suited for scrogs and even canopies? Like qb s are only meant to run very close to the plants? I’m considering integrating some efficient LED light into my current setup, not wanting to throw everything out and setup LED exclusively. Usually keep my light/lights 24 inches away from canopy on average

More power+intensity means more distance. I’m running 9 qb132. Most hlg setups now are more leds per board and running more juice. In that case you end up needing more distance.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

First cut done on my personal strain. It always takes me two stages per plant to get everything finished perfectly. It works well as it has time to finish ripening on the lowers while the vanilla kush finishes. Pulled 52 colas off this plant. Still a few more and then it’s popcorn. By opening up the canopy the popcorn actually finishes very nicely. Typicallly takes a couple weeks but it’s worth it for stuff above the ScrOG netting. Ugh just rubbed crystals in my damn eye- why do I always do this... fucking dabs lol

Tops hanging

0C7F0869 DFFE 4D18 8A59 C09F56F9FBB1

What’s left

CD25315B DF2B 4C84 945A F2EC9ACF1D85

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Second cut done on my personal strain. Still waiting for a sign of amber on the vanilla. Trichromes still pretty clear. Here’s some shots of the main colas from the first cut final dry before cure and the lower stuff that I let finish up just starting to dry.

7530D5C6 381B 4535 9C30 D10539DE8369
EE1A7812 DE7C 401F B5C1 23DD7FBE32E8
99341384 5CF6 4C47 8DE8 AE54BDF329DF

NHWhites

NHWhites

Looks like there’s still a bit of clear trichs. Wait a week until they’re more cloudy?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Looks like there’s still a bit of clear trichs. Wait a week until they’re more cloudy?

I chopped most of her this morning. I had some really dark ambers to almost clear. I found on average about 20%amber. I did leave a bit of lower stuff to finish up, but 67 colas chopped and hanging

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

One plant is dried, finished trimmed and in jars curing. Total weight of flower I would consider top grade 16.57oz. That does not include a coulple ounces of trim/shake. I could call it 19 and change if I included the small popcorn, but that’s just cookables for me. If my other plant finishes with close to the same weight I’ll be 100 grams shy of 2gpw :-(. I do think my yield on the villa kush will be larger but not enough to cover that. This plant was 1.6gpw . Really not bad but I expected a larger yield. I did harvest earlier and I think a couple weeks on both would have been to my benefit. I would say the quality both in smell and initial smoke as far as flavor goes is greatly increased.

Latest posts

Top Bottom